The Student Room Group

Nottingham Trent Primary PGCE interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I know :frown: my second choice is full already it's so unfair them keeping us waiting all this time.

They said that the earlier you got your application in the better, so I did mine quickly and got it in for October, but it's not the earlier the better cos I am at no more an advantage to those that did in January. It's just so unfair!!!!!

And if they can change the "deadline" who's to say they won't put it back even longer. Whats the point having a deadline if you can change it...

I keep checking gttr every hour like a crazy person and can't concentrate on anything else!! I just hope that we do hear this week or monday like people have been saying...
Reply 61
Original post by jen2011
I know :frown: my second choice is full already it's so unfair them keeping us waiting all this time.

They said that the earlier you got your application in the better, so I did mine quickly and got it in for October, but it's not the earlier the better cos I am at no more an advantage to those that did in January. It's just so unfair!!!!!

And if they can change the "deadline" who's to say they won't put it back even longer. Whats the point having a deadline if you can change it...

I keep checking gttr every hour like a crazy person and can't concentrate on anything else!! I just hope that we do hear this week or monday like people have been saying...

Is it because the government have not given them their allocation?
Reply 62
is there anyone who has been told they have not gone on?
Reply 63
They got the allocations on the 31st January - so it says on the TDA website.

Surely if they have most of the applicants already sorted into 4 piles for 'definitely', 'definitely not' etc.. then they can start to let some of us know by now, even if they still have interviews today and tomorrow?

Surely they cannot take until the 28th to do that :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 64
My friend, who is also waiting and will be reading this:ciao: , rang today and was told that they were starting to upload on to the Gttr today as all interviews
had now taken place the woman she spoke ro reckoned that we should find out either tomorrow or Monday so fingers crossed.

All in all though I do think the whole thing could have been handled a lot better, if I dont get a place at Trent I think I will be too late to apply to my choice and as they only have 30 places I would imagine they are full! Looks like it'll be another year of working form me if I dont get it sooooo frustrating!:s-smilie:
Reply 65
Where have you found the number 30? The allocations I read stated they still had postgrad numbers of 60 and more spaces for undergrads. The numbers have increased for Trent not decreased...
Reply 66
I think they mean their second choice.
Reply 67
Original post by MissKnibbs
Where have you found the number 30? The allocations I read stated they still had postgrad numbers of 60 and more spaces for undergrads. The numbers have increased for Trent not decreased...

Sorry to confuse I meant 30 at second choice which is a flexi PGCE and runs over 3, 4, 5 or 6 terms and has a start date of April x
Reply 68
I can't believe GTTR have changed the deadline date again. Starting to get really annoyed with all this now.
Reply 69
When I phoned yesterday I was told quite authoritatively that they would be up 'for Monday' and when I pressed him the guy seemed to suggest that they would be up ON Monday for us to see. So I'll be checking tomorrow but I'm not gonna get my hopes up til Monday!

And I THINK the 'stop' decision will stop our applications being withdrawn automatically, it is only if there is literally nothing on the decision (no 'interview', 'offer,' 'rejection' or 'stop') that the GTTR can automatically withdraw it I think... Can't believe they've extended the deadline thoush that is literally taking the mickey (restained language use ;-))
Reply 70
im not sure that i can cope with the knowledge that we will know a yes or no 'by monday' i think im too scared that if its a no that now i have no clue what to do with my life!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72
Monday is Valentines and the only valentine I'd like to get is one from Trent saying
"Yes we love you, welcome to the world of PGCE!":biggrin:hmmm
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
just to change the subject slightly sorry.. does anyone know about the bursaries for primary pgce's? Do we still get them or have they been cut???
Reply 75
Still nothing for me either :-(

Just checked and my second choice is full, and the only one I was considering applying to in Extra is full too. Great. Fingers crossed for Monday then!
...?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 77
I'm just wondering if they upload them all then kind of send them 'live' when they've done them, so everyone would hear at the same time ie. Monday...? but I'm just guessing as I havn't heard of anyone getting any news today...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
You'd know if I'd heard!! LOL!
I think it will be Monday now especially as Gttr site is down for most of saturday.
On another note how are people checking if their next choice is full?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending