The Student Room Group

do you have to be ATTRACTIVE to work at HOLLISTER? (guy)

basically what happened was my dad was forcing me to apply because he had known friends who worked there (hes not into fashion- i doubt he knew much abt it).
But I remember going in to this dark place (had no idea that it is was hollister).Anyway a fit girl took me to the wall computer application form thingy and she was being really nice to me.
Does this mean I passed the attractiveness test lol- would she have told me to f off otherwise?
Basically im asking who decides -ive heard ppl have to send pics?
:smile:
reps available

I didnt fill the online form properly because of 2 reasons:
1)it was too dark and loud
2)I had no idea that it was hollister
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
YEP, i heard that too, and when you go in you can tell as you see no un-attractive people
What?
Reply 4
Original post by PapaShmurff
What?

im asking who decides whether someone is hot or not?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
anyone?
Reply 6
I don't think they hire a lot of people for their customer service.

But I remember seeing a video on Youtube about working there, and the girl said that if they like the look of you then they'll ask you to come to an interview as you're filling out the application. This is the video.
Reply 7
Yes. They hire sales assistants as "models" so it is somewhat legal to discriminate against those who are 'not attractive'.
Reply 8
Original post by JKGB
I don't think they hire a lot of people for their customer service.

But I remember seeing a video on Youtube about working there, and the girl said that if they like the look of you then they'll ask you to come to an interview as you're filling out the application. This is the video.

really?
**** i was in a rush as well-late hrs
A 'dark place', eh? :holmes:
Yes...
I quote "the uggos" work in the stockroom/backroom
The "average- looking" work on the floor, i think thats just folding clothes fitting rooms etc.
and the "hot" people work as models/on the tills

Why would you want to work there, when everyone is so stuck up their own arses?
Reply 11
Original post by supernova92
Yes...
I quote "the uggos" work in the stockroom/backroom
The "average- looking" work on the floor, i think thats just folding clothes fitting rooms etc.
and the "hot" people work as models/on the tills

Why would you want to work there, when everyone is so stuck up their own arses?

how do you know this-isnt this discrimination?
i had no idea it was hollister when i was applying....
They ask loads of people for interview at one where I live, but then yeah generally they only offer you a job if you're attractive; just as part of their business image.
Reply 13
Yeah you do tbh. Their sales assistants are pretty useless actually. (Was dragged in my friends on my birthday and all they do was smile and look good)

They most likely won't tell you gtfo ugly. But they'll just say you're not what they're looking for.
Reply 14
Perhaps. However an infinitely more plausible explanation would be that employees of Hollister are trained to mask their utter contempt for the type of moron who shops at Hollister, a category which also happens to include the sort of person who posts threads like this on TSR.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Profesh
Perhaps. However, an infinitely more plausible explanation would be that employees of Hollister are trained to mask their utter contempt for the type of moron who shops at Hollister, a category which happens to include the sort of person who posts threads like this on TSR.

ive never shopped there in my life so idk wtf your on son
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Horatio-
Yeah you do tbh. Their sales assistants are pretty useless actually. (Was dragged in my friends on my birthday and all they do was smile and look good)

They most likely won't tell you gtfo ugly. But they'll just say you're not what they're looking for.

but did they didnt even tell me that?
Reply 17
Original post by JKGB

That video was painful to watch. So, do you also have to be a moron to work at Hollister?
Original post by wannagocali
how do you know this-isnt this discrimination?
i had no idea it was hollister when i was applying....

A friend who worked there said that this is what the "interviewees" were saying when they were doing there group recruitment thingy.
It's not an actual hollister policy, but if you look, it's pretty accurate.
and yeah, it is pretty discriminatory, but obviously they tread carefully, and know how to avoid any ****
Reply 19
no one is answering my ques-do the till ppl decide???????????????????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending