The Student Room Group

Preparing for an All-Nighter

Scroll to see replies

Tesco's own brand red bull, chewing gum, chocolate and something to smoke (ciggie, cigar etc :wink:)
Reply 21
Original post by lechaton-x
Killing prostitutes. Need keep the energy levels up, some of them can run pretty fast.

I don't know why I cracked up when I read that. Must be all those energy drinks finally getting to me :ahee:
Reply 22
Original post by bloomblaze
why do people do all nighters?

To get work done that needs to be done for the next day.

i.e. should have done it earlier :facepalm:
Reply 23
feel guilty, attempt to make a playlist that will 'inspire' me to write more (but it never does, i just procrastinate looking for new music), make lots of tea, feel guilty some more, bash the keyboard in the hope words appear, shove in a load of quotes, then by about 2-3am decide that its totally not gonna happen and that ill get up at 8am and go to the library to finish (especially if the deadline is like late afternoonish, that gives me a whole day of keyboard bashing).

i work best on the morning of a deadline, not the night before. i heart sleep too much to sacrifice it for the sake of a cruddy essay :yes:
Reply 24

Because they don't complete the work they should have done during the day!
Reply 25
Massive box of Ferrero Rochers :drool:

Lots of bottles of water - more effective than coffee. Well I think so anyway :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by popple7
feel guilty, attempt to make a playlist that will 'inspire' me to write more (but it never does, i just procrastinate looking for new music), make lots of tea, feel guilty some more, bash the keyboard in the hope words appear, shove in a load of quotes, then by about 2-3am decide that its totally not gonna happen and that ill get up at 8am and go to the library to finish (especially if the deadline is like late afternoonish, that gives me a whole day of keyboard bashing).

i work best on the morning of a deadline, not the night before. i heart sleep too much to sacrifice it for the sake of a cruddy essay :yes:

Haha, I have a feeling this will happen to me tonight. My deadline is 3pm tomorrow. Although I have been doing alright considering...better get off TSR really. Then make a cup of tea. Then stare at the page some more :tongue:

Sexual gratification :sexface:
Original post by Reelo
I don't know why I cracked up when I read that. Must be all those energy drinks finally getting to me :ahee:

:colondollar: good luck with your all nighter!
Reply 29
Original post by Lights
Haha, I have a feeling this will happen to me tonight. My deadline is 3pm tomorrow. Although I have been doing alright considering...better get off TSR really. Then make a cup of tea. Then stare at the page some more :tongue:

Likewise... except I'm going to have to make very, very sure I finish my essay by midday as I have to take my dog to the vet, dammit!

It's depressing how little I have got done today, despite staring at my screen since 8am.
Reply 30
Original post by Lights

its standard essay writing practice for me, sadly. my record was my dissertation: had 3000ish words to do in 24hrs. so obviously i dicked about for the daytime, and got cracking in the evening... was going pretty strong on my allnighter, it got to 3am and the buildings fire alarm went off. totally wrecked my momentum and could only carry on til 5am... slept for about 2hrs, went to the library at 8am and furiously bashed it out (oooh-errr sounds rude!) til midday, begged the binding man to bind it quickly... handed it in for the deadline at 1pm.

got a first and my tutor is helping me publish it :cool: i almost died though srsly. went straight into town for a pint and cake after i handed it in.

i hope my story gave you renewed hope and confidence. :biggrin: gooood luck!
Original post by Kasc
Personally I make sure I have strong coffee, biscuits and some other kind of munchies. My basshead headphones and a large supply of drum and bass / dubstep / RnB / Trance / House / Dance musics ;> (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1x.asx atm)

What do you do!?

i drink a lot of water, seems to keep me awake due to the fact i go to the loo every 15 minutes, walking to the loo and back to the desk helps

i'm doing a all nighter too, should we work together to stay awake and do some damn work?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by popple7
its standard essay writing practice for me, sadly. my record was my dissertation: had 3000ish words to do in 24hrs. so obviously i dicked about for the daytime, and got cracking in the evening... was going pretty strong on my allnighter, it got to 3am and the buildings fire alarm went off. totally wrecked my momentum and could only carry on til 5am... slept for about 2hrs, went to the library at 8am and furiously bashed it out (oooh-errr sounds rude!) til midday, begged the binding man to bind it quickly... handed it in for the deadline at 1pm.

got a first and my tutor is helping me publish it :cool: i almost died though srsly. went straight into town for a pint and cake after i handed it in.

i hope my story gave you renewed hope and confidence. :biggrin: gooood luck!

Wow, that's mental! Nice one. If only I can be so lucky tonight haha, thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 33
Lots and lots of junk food. Crisps, chocolate, biscuits, sweets...you name it. And a big bottle of Coca Cola. It you rid yourself of any boredom, you should rid yourself of the desire to sleep. Eating junk food cures you of boredom.
Reply 34
Original post by Charlski
Likewise... except I'm going to have to make very, very sure I finish my essay by midday as I have to take my dog to the vet, dammit!

It's depressing how little I have got done today, despite staring at my screen since 8am.

My aim is to finish by 4am ..ish so I can get some nice kip before I have to give it in. That's the theory anyway :tongue: better get crackin'! Good luck with your work!
Tons of Coffee/Hot chocolate, Sims3 (rebuilding house makes time faster), lots of books and documentary shows keeps me awake, jump on my bed haha. true story.
Reply 36
Original post by Lights
My aim is to finish by 4am ..ish so I can get some nice kip before I have to give it in. That's the theory anyway :tongue: better get crackin'! Good luck with your work!

Hehe, thankyou - you too! Mine isn't going to be finished anytime soon - I don't even know what at least two of the concepts I'm supposed to be talking about are and I generally hate European Union politics and theory.

If I hadn't already written 3000 odd words, I would quite happily not bother with this and just hand nothing as it's only 30% of the module final mark :tongue:
HAHA YOU'RE ALL WEAKLINGS. I JUST ONE PG CUPPA AND I CAN WORK TILL 6AM. :proud:
Reply 38
CONTENTS

SUMMARY i
CONTENTS ii
NOTATION iii
1. INTRODUCTION 1
1.1 Background 1
1.2 Objectives 1
1.3 Theory 2
2. EXPERIMENTAL PROCEDURE & APPROACH 6
2.1 Equipment 6 <---- I am here :frown:
2.2 Experimental Conditions
2.3 Procedure
3. RESULTS
4.DISCUSSION
5. CONCLUSION
6. REFERENCES?
Reply 39
I am trying to answer this (not strictly an essay, but I'm doing a research paper with ten compulsory questions. I have currently fully answered three and made a general half arsed attempt on another five) and I don't even know where to begin.

'Why, and to what extent, did Europeanisation scholars switch the focus of theoretical work on the EU to investigations of the EU’s domestic impact?'

I don't know! I haven't a clue! My lecture notes are of NO help and nor is google, google books, my textbooks and everything else!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending