The Student Room Group

I want to be a teacher but dont have GCSE science????

I want to be an ICT teacher of secondary education, however due to illness I do not have GCSE science I got DD, but in ICT I got A*A* because science was an exam, I had trouble with my short term memory therefore found it diificult when it came to exams. Is there any way I can resist it, oh btw im doin A level ICT and science and at AS i got BC in ICT and C in science

Thankyou :smile:
From the universities I have applied to, they ask for 5 GCSEs (at least C grade) in Maths and English...I can't recall Science being on there :confused: The best thing to do is to look in the entry requirements of the course/university you want to go to and see if it specifies it there. If not, I would email or ring the university direct.
Reply 2
As far as I know, you need a C at GCSE Science if you want to be a primary school teacher.

If you want to teach secondary (which you do) then you should be fine.

I want to teach secondary too! But I do have a C in Science lol :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 4
OK, you need GCSE grade C in Maths, English and Science, regardless of primary or secondary teaching.

If you are born before Sept 79, you don't need those.
If you don't have the qualifications, you have to get them somehow. You could do a distance study course or a short course at a local college. Some universities offer tests that award an equivialent qualification, but you need to check with them. Also, your place would be conditional on passing that test.

The Open University also offers some sort of recognisable qualification.
Contact the unis you want to apply to and ask them to point you in the right direction.

Latest

Trending

Trending