The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths

I am doing foundation for gcse maths and am working on a 4.I want to study sciences in A-level but most sixth forms ask for a 6 in maths.If i get 5 in mocks i can do higher.Is it difficult to do higher in year 11?
Original post by jisuuuuuuuuuuu
I am doing foundation for gcse maths and am working on a 4.I want to study sciences in A-level but most sixth forms ask for a 6 in maths.If i get 5 in mocks i can do higher.Is it difficult to do higher in year 11?

That’s depends massively on how you find maths and it’s going to be different for everyone. Have you spoken to your teachers about what they think your options could be?
Original post by brainzistheword
That’s depends massively on how you find maths and it’s going to be different for everyone. Have you spoken to your teachers about what they think your options could be?

I dont like maths and i spoke to my teachers and they that if i get a 5 in November mocks i could do higher.
I dont like maths and i spoke to my teachers and they that if i get a 5 in November mocks i could do higher.

Do you feel comfortable working towards a 5? Do your teachers feel that is achievable? If so, then go for it. But just don’t put too much pressure on yourself :smile:

Have your teachers provided ways for you to improve your grade?
Original post by brainzistheword
Do you feel comfortable working towards a 5? Do your teachers feel that is achievable? If so, then go for it. But just don’t put too much pressure on yourself :smile:

Have your teachers provided ways for you to improve your grade?

Yes,they said to do past papers .I dont comfortable with a 5 ,thats why i want to do higher.
Yes,they said to do past papers .I dont comfortable with a 5 ,thats why i want to do higher.

Sorry I didn’t mean if you feel comfortable with a grade 5, I meant do you feel like you can achieve it? If you think you would struggle to get a grade 5 in the mocks, then you might struggle with a higher paper. As I don’t know your individual circumstances, it’s hard to say. The best thing you can do is try your best for the mocks and see how it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest