The Student Room Group

Psychology PGCE - anyone?

Hello everyone,

Psychology PGCEs are rarely mentioned on here... so this will probably get bumped straight to the bottom.

But is there anyone who is applying for a Psychology PGCE?

I had my interview at Edge Hill in late November, I've not had a rejection but no confirmed offer either like most people.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi CinnamonWhirl,

I had an interview for the Psychology PGCE at Wolverhampton in December, and I'm in the same boat as you - I just haven't heard anything since then. I'm hoping that if we haven't heard then its not a rejection....

Fingers crossed we both hear back soon, with so few courses and so few places on each course the Psychology PGCE is tough to get onto, and I'm guessing that all places will be full once they actually make offers

xx
Reply 2
Hey AmyStar :-)

I'm surprised someone has replied!

Well they sent me a letter which said that no offers will be made until they hear from the TDA so it could be a long wait... but the letter sounded promising and as a lot of people said, if you don't get a rejection within the first two weeks it might just mean that they're waiting until the confirmation of places until they offer a place, which is good really... just means that we can't start organising accommodation and stuff which I'm itching to do!

Let's hope that they're allocated the same number as last year... it was hardly a big number anyway and from what I've heard most of the people who do a Psychology PGCE get a job :-)

x
Reply 3
Hello, I have applied for the PGCE Psychology course at edgehill too! Just wondering whether you have heard anything back from them?
Reply 4
Hey Titch12,

I haven't heard anything since the allocations news a few days ago, it's so frustrating. Have you heard anything? I take it you've had your interview?

Don't know if you've seen, but the places for the course have gone down from 15 to 8! I'm not feeling hopeful now, I wasn't expecting that much of a drop since Psychology is a growing subject, especially at GCSE...
Reply 5
Cinnamon Whirl,

Well I had my interview in January and it was for the reserved list, but the course leader said that if I was unsuccessful then I would receive a letter within 2 weeks, its been over 3 weeks and haven't heard anything! Where have you seen that it has gone down from 15 to 8?
Reply 6
Oops sorry from 10 to 8. Not 15. I found out on a few links that were posted on another thread. I'll see if I can find them again.
Reply 8
Yeah I thought it was 10 places because I remember the course leader mentioning it! Have you still not heard anything back from them? Are you going to contact them to ask or just wait?
Reply 9
I still haven't heard anything... I'm checking GTTR like mad.

I'm so tempted to ring them but I don't want to bug them, but I suppose lots of people will be ringing so they'll be used to it. I don't know :-) Do you think you will ring?

Judging from Edge Hill in general, people are starting to get offers through now so it could be any day now. I hope it's before the weekend for both of us!
Reply 10
Yeah I am in the same situation. If I don't hear back from them this week I think I will contact them, because then at least I know what to do otherwise. Do you know anyone else that has applied for the same course and received positive feedback?
Reply 11
No, I've not heard of anyone else that has applied for the same course apart from you! Have you? I've heard that courses can apply for more funded places, so that might be why they're taking so long. According to GTTR, they have to give us their decision by this Monday, don't they... but they might just be able to put our applications on 'STOP'. I hate all this speculating! :-)
Reply 12
Yes I totally agree with you! No I don't know anyone else either! I'm glad that the student room exists though, otherwise I would be totally lost! Well hopefully we both get on the course, but like I said if I get no answer by Monday, then I am definitely going to get into contact with them! Are you from near Edgehill?
Reply 13
I know, it's nice to know there are other people waiting as well and they haven't just lost the application or something...

I'm from Stockport, I could technically commute if I get in but I'd prefer to be closer to campus really. All the others at my interview were from around Edge Hill. Are you?
Reply 14
I'm not too far about an hour away so I would probably drive there and back! I just really want to know whether I am in! I really want to be on the course! :smile: How many people were at your interview? There was only me and another girl at mine!
Reply 15
Only two? I thought five at my interview (including me) was low!

I so want to be on the course as well, the campus seems really nice and so does the course leader!

Hmm well google maps says that Stockport is only a 50 minute drive away but I'm not sure I'd be wanting to drive there and back everyday...

Are you at uni at the moment? I am, but most at my interview had been out of uni for a year or two and had been teaching assistants!
Reply 16
well there was meant to be more than just 2 of us but no one turned up, other than us. Well I would just rather save on accommodation etc and my sister is at the uni now and drives and she said it isn't too bad! Yes I am at uni, where are you at? Have you had alot of experience in schools then?
Reply 17
That's quite surprising that people would just not turn up! I know what you mean about saving on rent, especially with the bursary being cut. I will definitely consider staying at home.

I'm at Manchester uni, what about you? I've not had a lot of experience, just the two weeks of observation and a bit of exam invigilating, have you?
Reply 18
I'm at Hull university! Lol so i'm further away! Yes well I have quite a bi of experience but its mainly with younger children, although I have been doing volunteer work in a secondary school in a RE classroom which is quite helpful!

I really just want to know now to be honest! I reallyyy want it! I guess your studying psychology at degree level then?
Reply 19
Yeah I do Psychology, do you?

I know isn't the wait horrible... I feel like I can't concentrate on anything else! I suppose I got a bit of confidence when I got a letter off them a few weeks after my interview but since finding out the places have been cut I'm really not confident on getting a place! Did they explain to you what the reserved list meant in any detail? It would be so good if we both got a place!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending