The Student Room Group

Warner Bros

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by havishamble
Hi, I have a placement day with Warner Brothers on the 3rd of February as well! :smile:

Hi! me too, have you guys prepared anything?
Reply 81
Original post by Geneva96
Hi does anyone know what the Digital Marketing assessment day will include? I have an assessment day for this position Feb 3rd and it says group and individual exercises but I'm not really sure what I should prepare for.

Hi! me too, I don't know what to expect.. have you prepared anything?
Original post by elmas1
Hi! me too, have you guys prepared anything?

I haven't really been told to prepare anything, just to turn up and complete a number of individual and group tasks on the day. Which placement role are you applying for? There might be multiple ones being carried out on the same day?
Reply 83
I haven't really been told to prepare anything, just to turn up and complete a number of individual and group tasks on the day. Which placement role are you applying for? There might be multiple ones being carried out on the same day?

Same here, i'm applying for Digital Marketing what are you applying for? I'm super nervous about the individual exercise!
Original post by elmas1
Same here, i'm applying for Digital Marketing what are you applying for? I'm super nervous about the individual exercise!

Ah, mine is for a Marketing role for the Harry Potter Franchise which is literally my dream job and I am super nervous but also can't wait! Reading about it all on here is making me worried, especially since I really want to be able to get through the afternoon interview section. I'm actually more nervous about the group assessment section than the individual ones because in my experience it's so hard to work in a group with other candidate who are all subtlety trying to outshine each other and compete for the same role. Fingers crossed it'll be much more relaxed than I'm expecting though!
Reply 85
Ah, mine is for a Marketing role for the Harry Potter Franchise which is literally my dream job and I am super nervous but also can't wait! Reading about it all on here is making me worried, especially since I really want to be able to get through the afternoon interview section. I'm actually more nervous about the group assessment section than the individual ones because in my experience it's so hard to work in a group with other candidate who are all subtlety trying to outshine each other and compete for the same role. Fingers crossed it'll be much more relaxed than I'm expecting though!

Ah good luck! Yeah I get what you mean. No one on here seems to know what the individual exercises are.. do you have any idea what the exercises might entail? I do a media communications course so i'm not as familiar with digital marketing concepts as others might be which is what's making me the most scared! Yeah me too, I just want to get through the whole day!
Original post by elmas1
Ah good luck! Yeah I get what you mean. No one on here seems to know what the individual exercises are.. do you have any idea what the exercises might entail? I do a media communications course so i'm not as familiar with digital marketing concepts as others might be which is what's making me the most scared! Yeah me too, I just want to get through the whole day!

Good luck to you too! I'm not too sure either about what the assessments may be! I'm doing a similar Media course too so I feel at a disadvantage as well having not studied marketing as much as others but if you've been offered an assessment day opportunity it must be because they believe you could be capable of doing the role anyway! :smile:

My other assessment day offer (with another company) specifies that a maths and excel test are part of the individual exercises and I've read about ones where they want you to highlight grammar/spelling mistakes or do a quiz about the company/role so they can understand what you may need training on if you are offered the job but I don't believe we'll know for sure until Wednesday.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by raluci
i have one on the 4th of February ^_^, anyone applied for European Film Business?

I've applied to European Film Business and have the assessment centre on 4th February
Hi :smile:

I have an assessment day on February 4th (this Thursday) for Film Sales. Anyone else?

I'm quite nervous about the excel and numerical tests (if I have them but I think I will)... Are they hard? What skills are necessary (roughly)?

Good luck everyone x
Reply 89
Original post by marta1508
Hi :smile:

I have an assessment day on February 4th (this Thursday) for Film Sales. Anyone else?

I'm quite nervous about the excel and numerical tests (if I have them but I think I will)... Are they hard? What skills are necessary (roughly)?

Good luck everyone x

Hi, I've been invited to an assessment center on Thursday for the same role as well - I really hope there isn't an excel test :frown:
Original post by pl_v
Hi, I've been invited to an assessment center on Thursday for the same role as well - I really hope there isn't an excel test :frown:

Oh so I will see you there :smile: what's your name?

I'm getting more and more stressed but also excited. I don't really know what to expect specifically (what kind of questions about the company and sales, tests, etc.)... Hopefully we will be fine. Good luck to both of us :smile: and everyone else here x
Reply 91
Anyone else got an interview for HBO? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92

I'm getting more and more stressed but also excited. I don't really know what to expect specifically (what kind of questions about the company and sales, tests, etc.)... Hopefully we will be fine. Good luck to both of us :smile: and everyone else here x

Vanya :smile: yess, im a bit stressed about the sorts of questions as well but good luck to you too :smile: after all its all good experience if it doesn't work out
Reply 93
Original post by Rebecca_Z
I've applied to European Film Business and have the assessment centre on 4th February

Hey I have same assessment day, do you think there will be excel/numerical tests?
Exactly :smile: let's relax, have fun (and hope there's no excel test :wink:).

See you tomorrow, Vanya!
Reply 95
All of the assessment days are different as they're for different roles, if you find someone on here that applied for the exact same role last year they'll be able to give you some pointers but the tasks are changed each year. What you have to remember is they're not trying to catch you out or push you to the limit, they're above all else looking for someone they can work with for 12 months and after that someone who isn't a complete idiot. Don't worry about the tests or tasks, they're super easy unless you're nervous and then they only need a bit of extra cocentration (which is just aswell as everyone else will be nervous too!). If you made it to the assessment centre you've made a very good impression already, so just relax, be honest, and try your best.
Yeah I have! HBO Product management? test, interview and presentation??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by raluci
i have one on the 4th of February ^_^, anyone applied for European Film Business?

how did it go?
Reply 98

How did the day go? Im really curious about the dress code, and excel tests!! Did you have a test? What kind of questions did they ask?
Reply 99
Hi, just thought I'd sign up here and make a post about the assessment day I went to since I've been lurking here in preparation for a while :wink:

I went to the marketing assessment day for warner Bros earlier this week. There were about 40 of us at the start (i think), we were all there for various marketing related placements like film/digital/harry potter etc. we were taken to a theatre like room and had to stand up and do a quick ice breaker in front of the other candidates/current interns about why we want the role and which warner bros character we would want to be and then we had some presentation from the current interns about their role. then we were shown two trailers and were put into groups and had to make a presentation in 30 mins about possible marketing campaigns for one of the films.

after presenting them we had lunch/networking with current interns and it this was a really important session because it gives you the chance to show the interns and staff how much you want the placement before they all go into a room and decide who to keep and who to cut so really make the most of it

I was lucky enough to be one of the 13 people they asked to stay for interviews after lunch and the others were sent home. we then had individual tasks which were relevant to what ever placement role we applied for and then we just waited around with the other candidates until we were called for interviews. Although many of us were only invited to interview for one placement role, most people actually had interviews for other departments too which they hadn't applied to initially, but the interns/staff had shown an interest in them and so they wanted to see if they would consider other roles as well.

Just make sure you ask questions, create a good impression, and be enthusiastic. they were some people who just acted as if they were "too cool" to be there and others who just seemed really cocky and arrogant however most of them got sent home.

Overall the day was good, it was much nicer after lunch though when there were less people and you could relax a bit more and enjoy the free food at least

oh and dress code was business although the actual warner brothers staff were much more casual
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending