Modern Studies
Geography
Graphic Communication
PE

What would pretty good results be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The best you can achieve.

But remember kids, if you don't have 8 1's you'll never get to uni...
Reply 2
Original post by Delaney
The best you can achieve.

But remember kids, if you don't have 8 1's you'll never get to uni...

Is that sarcastic? :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by JaggySnake95

No :s-smilie:
Reply 4

What makes you think that? Most universities these days have a filter to automatically reject anyone without 8 1s.

You'll also never be successful with the opposite sex. Like, ever.
Reply 5
Original post by Delaney
No :s-smilie:

It's just I'm pretty sure 1 is equal to an A in England and straight A's isn't VERY common?

I'm quite confident if I revise I'll get 8 1s but still. If I **** up one one exam and get a 2 you're saying no uni?
Reply 6
Original post by Pedrobear
What makes you think that? Most universities these days have a filter to automatically reject anyone without 8 1s.

see above anndd...

LOL.:tongue:
Reply 7
It's just I'm pretty sure 1 is equal to an A in England and straight A's isn't VERY common?

I'm quite confident if I revise I'll get 8 1s but still. If I **** up one one exam and get a 2 you're saying no uni?

Straight A's is common among Scottish university students. Unfortunately it is unlikely that you will get accepted with 7 1's and a 2 however if you have exceptional circumstances or are a very very gifted candidate this might be overlooked by ex-poly universities.
Reply 8
JaggySnake95

The English have lower standards (this goes for everything).

JaggySnake95

Them's the breaks. Recessions suck, huh?

Original post by Delaney
Unfortunately it is unlikely that you will get accepted with 7 1's and a 2 however if you have exceptional circumstances or are a very very gifted candidate this might be overlooked by ex-poly universities.

This is somewhat true though, most of my old school friends who got 7 1s and a 2 (or thereabouts) went off to Cale or Robert Gordon afterwards. It's possible, but don't put all your hopes on it.

Btw, my school now has an entire corridor full of portraits of those people. They call it the "hall of shame". You want to be in the hall of shame?

At lunchtime we used to draw glasses and willies on them. The teachers didn't care. Most of them joined in, actually.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
A's
All 1's obvs
Reply 11

I once knew this guy... he got a B... Not sure what happened to the poor guy cause obviously I could no longer speak to him.
Original post by Delaney
Straight A's is common among Scottish university students. Unfortunately it is unlikely that you will get accepted with 7 1's and a 2 however if you have exceptional circumstances or are a very very gifted candidate this might be overlooked by ex-poly universities.

How much do awards from school count? Like I won young writer of the year in primary when I was 8 up against people who were 11/12. And matsh challenges and stuff like that?

The English have lower standards (this goes for everything).

Them's the breaks. Recessions suck, huh?

This is somewhat true though, most of my old school friends who got 7 1s and a 2 (or thereabouts) went off to Cale or Robert Gordon afterwards. It's possible, but don't put all your hopes on it.

Btw, my school now has an entire corridor full of portraits of those people. They call it the "hall of shame". You want to be in the hall of shame?

Is that proven fact that Scottish schools are high acheiving? :L
JaggySnake95
How much do awards from school count? Like I won young writer of the year in primary when I was 8 up against people who were 11/12. And matsh challenges and stuff like that?

Yeah, maybe if you put that in your PS the universities will overlook your subsequent horrific failures. You should tell 'em about all the star pupil badges you got, too!

JaggySnake95

Yes. We acheive especially high in spelling.
Reply 14

Primary is too old, have you not won anything more recently like the Senior Mathematics Challenge? Done any kind of charitable feats, 10k runs, marathons, hill walking? Things like the DoE Gold Award are ok too.
Yeah, maybe if you put that in your PS the universities will overlook your subsequent horrific failures. You should tell 'em about all the star pupil badges you got, too!

Yes. We acheive especially high in spelling.

You got a link?
Original post by Delaney
Primary is too old, have you not won anything more recently like the Senior Mathematics Challenge? Done any kind of charitable feats, 10k runs, marathons, hill walking? Things like the DoE Gold Award are ok too.

I never told about DofE. :frown:

How about sporting acheivments?
How about sporting acheivments?

Depends. Which sport(s)?
I take:

English
Maths
German
Biology
Modern Studies
Geography
Graphic Communication
PE

What would pretty good results be?

You should look to get at least all credits for them, with a majority of 1's really.
Depends. Which sport(s)?

Uhm..tennis..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending