The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Results

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The best results would be eight 1s, however "pretty good" results would be eight 2s xD
Original post by JaggySnake95
Uhm..tennis..

I'll be honest. The future isn't looking great, lad.
Original post by Pedrobear
I'll be honest. The future isn't looking great, lad.

What sports are good? :L

You seem to be just taking the piss if I'm honest.
What makes you think that? Most universities these days have a filter to automatically reject anyone without 8 1s.

LOL. I got 2A's (int 2) 5 1's and a 2 and I've just been accepted into the University of London!

OP, Highers are much more important than SG's, but nevertheless, work hard for SG's and you will be in good stead for Highers. I'd say get 1's in the subjects that you want to take to Higher in S5/6.

And good luck in your exams!
Five 1's and three 2's FTW.
Original post by chr1stopher11
LOL. I got 2A's (int 2) 5 1's and a 2 and I've just been accepted into the University of London!

LOL. See, OP? This dude wasn't even allowed to stay in the country.

What sports are good? :L

You seem to be just taking the piss if I'm honest.

Curling, rugby, table tennis (but not real tennis).

An insider hint FYI: Edinburgh put preference on applicants who regularly go swimming. Don't tell The Times.
Reply 26
I take:

English
Maths
German
Biology
Modern Studies
Geography
Graphic Communication
PE

What would pretty good results be?

Just get an A or B in any subject which corresponds with any future career you may want, and try to get at least five of them (although criteria the is getting higher).
LOL. See, OP? This dude wasn't even allowed to stay in the country.

OI! XD If I applied to a Scottish university then I would of had a good chance of getting in. My brother got 5 1's and 3 2's (plus highers) and has got an unconditional from Strathclyde.
chr1stopher11
If I applied to a Scottish university then I would of had a good chance of getting in.

If only I had spoken to her, she'd have been all over me. I just wasn't that interested!

chr1stopher11
My brother got 5 1's and 3 2's (plus highers) and has got an unconditional from Strathclyde.

[ ]Strathclyde
[ ]University

Pick one.
If only I had spoken to her, she'd have been all over me. I just wasn't that interested!

[ ]Strathclyde
[ ]University

Pick one.

The University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde

Dude, you have to put a cross in the box. An x. Oblige me please.
All 1s is what you should aim for. Don't be despondent if you don't get it, but there's no point in aiming for anything lower.
Original post by Stasiaxx
Just get an A or B in any subject which corresponds with any future career you may want, and try to get at least five of them (although criteria the is getting higher).

Welcome to Scot Quals where you don't get 'an A or B' in SG subjects :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Ecosse_14
Welcome to Scot Quals where you don't get 'an A or B' in subjects :tongue:

boring

[X] The University of Strathclyde

:wink:
boring

You get 1-7 at SG :wink:
boring

Cool, I respond the same way when someone points out my inability to read! LOL JK, that never happens. sux2bu hen.

:wink:

Cheers mang.
Reply 37
anyone who says eight 1s or nothing is talking out their arse.
i only achieved one grade 1, six 2s and a 3 and i'm at a pretty damn good university.
just get good credit passes for the subjects you want to take into higher and then do well in them.
universities dont care about standard grades as long as you have solid highers.
Original post by xStaceyy
universities dont care about standard grades as long as you have solid highers.

For those following at home: by this she means 5 As.
Psssst, OP.... take your sarcasm meter back to Tesco, it blatantly isn't working. This thread is priceless xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending