The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Potally_Tissed

Maintenance loans/grants work differently, the money is paid to your bank account and you then pay your accommodation bill. If your loan does not cover your hall fees you will have to pay the rest out of your own means.

Yes, but I mean is there a schedule or instalments scheme (like there is with the maintinence loan). Or is it one big lump sum whenever/bits over a random periods of time etc...?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Lotta!
Yes, but I mean is there a schedule or instalments scheme (like there is with the maintinence loan). Or is it one big lump sum whenever/bits over a random periods of time etc...?

The hall fees are paid in three parts (four if you include the room bond) that come shortly after the maintenance loan payments, one around the start of each term.
Reply 182
To give you a rough idea of when the payments are required, here are details for this year's tuition fee & accommodation payments: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/financial/pages/student_fees.htm#fees

There are 3 ways of paying for tuition fees: one lump sum, direct debit or student finance loan (if you go for this, then you don't need to worry about payments, the student finance company handle that). Accommodation is usually paid in three installments, irrespective of what option you go for.
Original post by Lotta!
I have a question. My student loan won't cover the whole cost of my halls so how/when will loughborough acquire the rest of the halls fee?

The maintenance loan doesn't go to Loughborough automatically, and you will have to cover the excess (as i'm sure you've realised) - you will be sent a schedule of roughly how much loan you'll be getting each term and when to expect these payments to be made, from this you can estimate how much extra money you will need to cover the accommodation (paid in three installments of varied amounts depending on how long the term is - found here: http://accommodation.lboro.ac.uk/downloads/hall-fees-1112.pdf - but don't forget to budget for the compulsory room bond, fresher subs and extra payment to cover your accommodation in freshers week which was roughly £50 for a Royce WHB this year).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Melting Sugar.
but don't forget to budget for the compulsory room bond, fresher subs and extra payment to cover your accommodation in freshers week which was roughly £50 for a Royce WHB this year).

Good points. About £300 should cover all of that. The room bond counts towards the normal accomodation fee but the rest don't.
Reply 185
just secured a bill mo en suite room :smile:

do they normally charge you the complete fee for freshers week or do we still have to buy a freshers pass?
Original post by babyinks

do they normally charge you the complete fee for freshers week or do we still have to buy a freshers pass?

You pay freshers subs on or shortly after arrival in September.
Reply 187
so was the extra £80 cos first years start living there like a week or two before everyone else?
just secured a bill mo en suite room :smile:

Congratulations on picking the best hall :sexface: I'm in ensuite now which is great though looking back I wish I rather just went in WHB and saved a few bob.
Just accepted Bill Mo standard! Loughborough here I come!
Original post by lufbra2011
Just accepted Bill Mo standard! Loughborough here I come!

And again, congratulations on accepting the best hall :sexface:
Reply 191
Original post by Phobia27
Congratulations on picking the best hall :sexface: I'm in ensuite now which is great though looking back I wish I rather just went in WHB and saved a few bob.

i had to go en suite, i've shared the bathroom with 4-8 people my whole life (4 brothers, 2 sisters and parents) so i need my space lol
so was the extra £80 cos first years start living there like a week or two before everyone else?

That one, I think, is added onto your first accommodation bill.
Original post by Phobia27
And again, congratulations on accepting the best hall :sexface:

It was an easy choice in the end. It was only ever gonna be Bill Mo! :biggrin:
i had to go en suite, i've shared the bathroom with 4-8 people my whole life (4 brothers, 2 sisters and parents) so i need my space lol

Haha fair enough, I had the same thought last year so it has been worthwhile having my own bathroom for a year.

Also, everyone who accepted Bill Mo join this Facebook group to get all the latest news! :gah: http://www.facebook.com/billmofreshers2011

Bill Mo TV also here - http://www.youtube.com/user/billmotv
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 195
but now that we've accepted our halls and stuff, do you know when we have to pay room bonds? the uni says after we get the starter pack with our uni ID or whatever, but how long does that normally take?
but now that we've accepted our halls and stuff, do you know when we have to pay room bonds? the uni says after we get the starter pack with our uni ID or whatever, but how long does that normally take?

If you're unconditional, you should get that pack around July or so, and if you're conditional, you will get it after your exam results.
Reply 197
Ensuite Bill Mo. *waits for Phobia27's compliment*
Original post by Potally_Tissed
That one, I think, is added onto your first accommodation bill.

It is indeed :smile:
Original post by Félix_x
Ensuite Bill Mo. *waits for Phobia27's compliment*

Haha sorry went to a lecture :p: Congratulations on getting a place in the best hall :sexface:

Latest

Trending

Trending