The Student Room Group

Oxford Modern Languages Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Torks
Looking at this, possibly the only guy applying for languages :s-smilie:

which college?:smile:
Original post by espanolita
I've never heard of the rendezvous but if its easy to find then that sounds good to me...

It's really nice; I went there with a friend when I went to the languages open day in May, then met up with Sven, Phia and Ollie there in July.

http://www.facebook.com/chiara.giovanni#!/photo.php?fbid=2302331292073&set=a.2302293891138.120296.1662942914&type=3&theater

It's on the High Street right near Magdalen, can't miss it :wink:

Or someone mentioned Mortons? http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mortons,+New+Road,+Oxford&hl=en&ll=51.752234,-1.259871&spn=0.001737,0.005182&sll=51.752566,-1.262999&sspn=0.014532,0.041456&vpsrc=6&hq=mortons,&hnear=New+Rd,+Oxford,+United+Kingdom&t=h&fll=51.752483,-1.259876&fspn=0.00175,0.005182&z=18

What I could do, is when we arrange a time period (it'd be optimistic to hope that we could all make 10am on Thurs, for example, so I'd read all my replies and arrange something like 10-12 where people pop in for what suits them :wink:), I'd go and scout out like half an hour beforehand and let you know?
what college? :smile:

Merton :smile:
Original post by Torks

Original post by ispyjonnytriff
I have an interview for History and German :biggrin:

You're not alone :smile:

Gentlemen, would you like to join our meet-up?
Original post by such_a_lady
It's really nice; I went there with a friend when I went to the languages open day in May, then met up with Sven, Phia and Ollie there in July.

http://www.facebook.com/chiara.giovanni#!/photo.php?fbid=2302331292073&set=a.2302293891138.120296.1662942914&type=3&theater

It's on the High Street right near Magdalen, can't miss it :wink:

Or someone mentioned Mortons? http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mortons,+New+Road,+Oxford&hl=en&ll=51.752234,-1.259871&spn=0.001737,0.005182&sll=51.752566,-1.262999&sspn=0.014532,0.041456&vpsrc=6&hq=mortons,&hnear=New+Rd,+Oxford,+United+Kingdom&t=h&fll=51.752483,-1.259876&fspn=0.00175,0.005182&z=18

What I could do, is when we arrange a time period (it'd be optimistic to hope that we could all make 10am on Thurs, for example, so I'd read all my replies and arrange something like 10-12 where people pop in for what suits them :wink:), I'd go and scout out like half an hour beforehand and let you know?

Where else? :wink: haha okay, yeah that sounds like a good idea:smile:
Reply 385
And the journey begins tomorrow... Looking forward to spending the rest of the week in Oxford :biggrin:
Original post by Elvani
And the journey begins tomorrow... Looking forward to spending the rest of the week in Oxford :biggrin:

Would you also like to join the meet-up?
I have no idea whether to be nervous or excited about this interview. Currently feeling under-prepared and am going to cram tomorrow before setting off on Wednesday. I doubt I will get an offer, but I never thought I'd get to the interview stage.. :s-smilie:

Good luck to you all. :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by ispyjonnytriff
I have an interview for History and German :biggrin:

You're not alone :smile:

GOOD To KNOW!! Gd luck

Which College?
Reply 389
which college?:smile:

St. Catz...any1 else?
Original post by SimplyComplex
I have no idea whether to be nervous or excited about this interview. Currently feeling under-prepared and am going to cram tomorrow before setting off on Wednesday. I doubt I will get an offer, but I never thought I'd get to the interview stage.. :s-smilie:

Good luck to you all. :smile:

I hear you there! :s-smilie:
Reply 391
Gentlemen, would you like to join our meet-up?

Y not?
Original post by Torks
St. Catz...any1 else?

Nope, I'm Queen's
Hmm... Ladies: Gentlemen ratio seems extremely skewered :colone:

In my college, of every one applying for my course, I'm the only guy! :colondollar:
For anyone wanting to join the meet-up, add me on FaceyB http://www.facebook.com/chiara.giovanni#!/chiara.giovanni or PM me your number on here :smile:
Reply 395
I feel sorry for the people travelling so far! So glad that I live 3 hours away xD
X

If anything is arranged, please text me? As I don't have facebook :smile:
Original post by Torks

Haha, I've had that feeling for a while looking at all the languages threads!:colondollar: (Spanish and Italian in Keble, by the way...)

I'm just spending today reading literally everything I can see that is relevant, and will be tomorrow morning as I travel up to Oxford!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hello :smile: I know I'm coming in rather late on this, but does anyone have a German and Russian interview (or similar) at Jesus? I'm coming up tomorrow morning :smile:

Sarah
Reply 399
Original post by Rhysuzaki
Haha, I've had that feeling for a while looking at all the languages threads!:colondollar: (Spanish and Italian in Keble, by the way...)

I'm just spending today reading literally everything I can see that is relevant, and will be tomorrow morning as I travel up to Oxford!

Cool, I'm also Spanish and Italian - St. Catz
Could you give me some examples of what you'll be reading up on?
I'm going up tomorrow evening

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending