The Student Room Group

Oxford Modern Languages Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aeturnium
thank you! French & beginners Portuguese ������������ what about you? ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't heard anything yet (Keble - Spanish & Italian)
They've sent the letters today though. It'll be a long weekend.
Original post by amoicavalli
Haven't heard anything yet (Keble - Spanish & Italian)
They've sent the letters today though. It'll be a long weekend.

oooh that's a nice combo - I can tell your year abroad is gonna be very sunny hahah 😉
I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure you'll get your invite in no time! 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
oooh that's a nice combo - I can tell your year abroad is gonna be very sunny hahah ������
I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure you'll get your invite in no time! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

given my grades I wouldn't be so optimistic, but there's that little part of me that hasn't lost hope YET :tongue:
So will be yours! :biggrin:
Wow! I actually have an interview for French and Spanish at Merton and I am really shocked! I'm scared about it but hopefully it'll be fine, I'll be preparing during the week!
Original post by amoicavalli
given my grades I wouldn't be so optimistic, but there's that little part of me that hasn't lost hope YET :tongue:
So will be yours! :biggrin:

the very fact you're applying to oxford means that your grades must be amazing - don't sell yourself short! and don't forget, there are so many other factors to make the decision on 😄
plus, you've more chance of getting one than not so I think you can put yourself at ease!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dougieowner
Wow! I actually have an interview for French and Spanish at Merton and I am really shocked! I'm scared about it but hopefully it'll be fine, I'll be preparing during the week!

well done! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview for French and Philosophy at New!
Reply 787
Interview for French and Italian at St Catz :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritandteeth
Interview for French and Philosophy at New!

woowoo!! see, what did I tell you? 😉
well done my lovely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
the very fact you're applying to oxford means that your grades must be amazing - don't sell yourself short! and don't forget, there are so many other factors to make the decision on ������
plus, you've more chance of getting one than not so I think you can put yourself at ease!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually if grades had been the only thing to apply with, I could have given up straight away. My only hope is in all the other aspects of my application. (MLAT love <3 )
hahhaha :biggrin: that's what I'd love to believe in! :biggrin:
Reply 790
I got an interview for Spanish at Brasenose!!
Reply 791
Original post by Njr44
Interview for French and Italian at St Catz :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratsss:grouphugs: See you there!
I GOT AN INTERVIEW AT ST JOHNS!! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did I! I've applied for French and Philosophy! Hopefully see you there! (So excited!!!) :smile:
Original post by danniegee
So did I! I've applied for French and Philosophy! Hopefully see you there! (So excited!!!) :smile:

Joining the club! Spanish and Italian, see you down there!
For those who want to study a language ab initio:
Is the amount of knowledge of the basic structures of the language really totally irrelevant?
I'm trying to imagine what the interview might be like: a poem/prose piece in English, questions about motivations for learning that new language, and... perhaps history of learning languages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
french and philosophy anyone? Got an interview at St Catz
Original post by ConnorM

Interview at Catz for French and Russian. Most people here seem to have applied to Catz, which is slightly worrying.. When did you find out?
Original post by ConnorM

Myself. New.
Original post by ConnorM

I have an interview for French and Philosophy too! Mine is at St John's :smile:
Original post by unreasonableman
Interview at Catz for French and Russian. Most people here seem to have applied to Catz, which is slightly worrying.. When did you find out?

why is it worrying? I found out last Friday, gonna have to come back from France but looking forward to the free accommodation !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending