The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How does everybody feel it went? :smile:
I'm assuming you're all AQA again yes?
Hope you all did well :hugs:
Reply 62
I didn't think it went too bad to be honest! But.. I did a practice essay on Two Scavengers and Nothings Changed about an hour before the exam... :rolleyes: haha! Did anyone else do the 'Describe a Country Scene in Winter and in Summer' hehe :biggrin:
Bossed section a, question mark section b. A overall probably after fiasco with paper 1 section A :frown: :frown:
Original post by Kidioteque
How does everybody feel it went? :smile:

It went :poo:

WTF Section B :facepalm:
section A = a BREEZE. Couldn't have gone better.
section B = ****ing. nightmare. :colonhash:
Original post by berryripple

Couldn't agree more :frown:
Found it easy, for Section A, I recon i beasted it!
For Section B, I think I did pretty good too, ended it with 'Screw you winter...' :wink:
Reply 68
haha i thought i did well on section a, but now everyone else has said that i reckon i may not have done quite so well! Section B was okay... not amazing... bit too predictable
Yeah MARK IV Is UP!!!! :colone:
Original post by blueray
Yeah MARK IV Is UP!!!! :colone:

How'd it go :colone:
Reply 71
Feelings about the past for cluster 2 ... I compared it to 'Love after Love'. It went pretty well actually, but question 2 was so ****ing ****.
Reply 72
Section A ... I couldn't have hoped for a better question! I love Two Scavengers and I did Nothing's Changed, which is easy to compare it too.

Section B I actually thought was all right. I ended up writing from the POV of a tree in summer and winter. :P
Reply 73

Really? For me it was quite the opposite, although I wouldn't say Section A was a '****ing nightmare'. It started off like one, but I think I did better towards the end.

I only had half an hour for Section B but I think I did quite well. I took inspiration from one of the exemplar answers that got 27, so I don't think I could have got much lower than that... I wrote from the point of view of someone who's terminally ill and confined to his room. All he does is watch from a window as the seasons go past, and wonders why he can't be happy like the children who play on the frozen lake and the frogs who leap with a spring (cheesy, I know) in their step, indifferent to his condition. I tried to end it on a happy note so at the end he takes inspiration from the sea gulls, tries to enjoy his last few days and asks: 'why can't I fly?'

If anything, Paper 1 will be my downfall.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
Anybody else doing AQA Biology tomorrow?
Original post by AmyLSC

Section B I actually thought was all right. I ended up writing from the POV of a tree in summer and winter. :P

THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA.
FML :puppyeyes:

I wrote all the **** about a piece of paper that never blew away.
:colonhash:
Reply 76
Original post by djpatch

I am, are you doing B2 or B3? :h:
Reply 77
Original post by Articaaa
I am, are you doing B2 or B3? :h:

B3 :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by djpatch
B3 :smile:

Cool, I am retaking B2 and doing B3 as well. :colone:
Reply 79
Original post by djpatch

Me, I'm doing B2. You? Not feeling that nervous about it, actually. :smile:

THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA.
FML :puppyeyes:

I wrote all the **** about a piece of paper that never blew away.
:colonhash:

That actually sounds awesome. :biggrin:

Latest