The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Anyone off to Exeter for Secondary PGCE?

I have a conditional offer for Secondary RE, so excited!
Have you sorted accommodation?
Reply 1
Hi Rosie! Im starting a PGCE secondary RE this year aswell! Really looking forward to it! I havnt sorted out accomodation yet but Im still looking. Are you planning to share with anyone? If you want any help searching or if you want a chat your welcome to email me- my address is mod edit: email removed, pm for details. Iv not found anyone doing the same course as me yet so it'd be great to have a chat!!
Hopefully speak soon,
Holly :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I will be too!

Am looking forwards to finally learning to TEACH :biggrin: Yeah!

Got accommodation by the building site because I'm cheap lol!
Reply 3
Holly: I emailed you back, I'm not surprised we haven't found anyone else, the guy at my interview said that only 12 people are doing our course!

Cal: what course are you doing? What type of accommodation do you have?
Reply 4
Hi Rosie! I know! We got in just at the right time I think! I have emailed you back too!! Hi Cal- Are you doing RE? I have finally sorted out my accomodation now so feel a bit more relaxed about things! Roll on September!
Hi guys!
I am also going to do my PGCE secondary RE at Exeter this sept! Feeling a little daunted but VERY excited- and really glad to find other people doing the same course!

anyone made a start on the pre-course tasks? if not- make sure your printer has plenty of ink!

I also still need to find accommodation and don't really know where to start- any advice?
Reply 6
Hey Jenny,

I still need to do my tasks, how many are you going to do? I have to do philosophy of Religion for year 12, both are completely new to me. Haven't done philosophy since sixth form and haven't even observed a year 12 lesson.

I'm lodging, found her through the website mentioned in our welcome email.
Hi Rosie,

I have to do the Sikhism one, but i will prob do the Judaism one as well as I have done little on both and I want to be as prepared as I can be- my worst fear is being in a class and not knowing about what they are talking about!

Your question sounds like a good one to get your teeth into! So has your studies up until now focused mainly on the major world faiths? a lot of mine, especially in the last year of my degree at Lancaster was on New Age spirituality so i need to refresh my knowledge on the basics for high school.

I have had a quick browse on the website but I would like to see some pics- hopefully that wont be a problem- coming from so far away (the Lake District) I can't just pop down for a viewing- was the whole process easy enough for you?
Reply 8
Jenny did you say you went to Lancaster? Me too!
yes i graduated last year! when were you there???
Hi guys, I'm in for PGCE Secondary Physics.
Currently starting the megafun process of finding somewhere to live.
Trying desperately not to lodge, as doesn't really sound better than living at home, but may resort to it.
You guys all searching hard, found any good sources?
Adam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending