The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Vulpix
Oh coolio! Covering my back scars would be tattoo # 2, so that's good to know as well!

I think tattooing over scars is a wonderful idea, but just a warning when people say it hurts more over scars there not wrong.
Original post by Delta_Aitch
Haha yeah, I love it when I come across a geeky tat and I understand it! I used to be amazing at maths and chemistry (now not so much as I do English for my degree), but I was soo nerdy about things!
Those were the days :daydreaming:

I am so going to get a geeky tat at some point :colondollar:

haha yeah, i used to be good at all sciences and maths, now maths modules are the bain of my life and i can only remember physics :tongue: i quite want a tornado :smile: what would youg get? thinking of getting it the first time i see a tornado when i go storm chasing :biggrin: no idea where though! my bf does an english degree too :biggrin: love reading what he writes :smile: though i have to grammar check his dissertation for him next year... 10,000 words eek!

Original post by Kitebo
Me like! But I'm thinking more along the lines of 'simple', don't necessarily need a load of cherry blossoms around it :wink: I do want to study Japanese though, so a phrase on/next to the fan would be a nice touch!

fair enough :biggrin: i do think they're beautiful! and i love cherry blossoms haha. that's cool :d i love the japanese writing, its like a form of art!
Reply 382
Original post by boba
I think tattooing over scars is a wonderful idea, but just a warning when people say it hurts more over scars there not wrong.

Hmmm, ok.... maybe around them, quite closely so they look like part of it?
Reply 383
Original post by Vulpix
Hmmm, ok.... maybe around them, quite closely so they look like part of it?

I didn't mean to put you off! you just need to be prepared thats all :tongue:
Reply 384
Original post by boba
I didn't mean to put you off! you just need to be prepared thats all :tongue:

Haha, I'd quite like to minimise the overall pain if I can managed- the original surgery that created the scars in the first place gave me a healthy dislike of pain so I'm trying to avoid too much of it for a while!
Reply 385
Original post by Vulpix
Haha, I'd quite like to minimise the overall pain if I can managed- the original surgery that created the scars in the first place gave me a healthy dislike of pain so I'm trying to avoid too much of it for a while!

get a numbing cream :wink:
Reply 386
I got this a couple of weeks back, i'm going to extend the bottom of it by adding a lotus flower below it. Booked it for the 28th

When i get the money it'll develop into a whole leg sleeve hopefully :biggrin: The awful picture doesn't do it justice!

Original post by tufc
post that on ratemyink.com
I would be very surprised if it didn't make the top ten.
colour is gorgeous, detail fantastic, style very interesting

ahaha, thank you so much :h:
may do if i can get a better picture of it :smile:
Original post by boba
get a numbing cream :wink:

Nooooes! They make it harder to heal. Tattooing needs to be done on clean skin, lest there's any risk of infection!
Original post by cdsmith1990

Spoiler

:sogood:
Reply 390
Original post by psychocustard
Nooooes! They make it harder to heal. Tattooing needs to be done on clean skin, lest there's any risk of infection!

How about taking a ton of paracetamol/ asprin/ co-codamol before?
Original post by Vulpix
How about taking a ton of paracetamol/ asprin/ co-codamol before?

I know ibuprofen thins the blood, so that's not a good idea, as it'll probably make you bleed more. I'd look it up if I were you, because I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the best idea.

Honestly, the pain having my foot tattoo was a bitch, but you forget about it straight away
Ideally you shouldn't take any kind of medication before a tattoo. Sugar is the best thing to get in yourself..
Reply 393
I know ibuprofen thins the blood, so that's not a good idea, as it'll probably make you bleed more. I'd look it up if I were you, because I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the best idea.

Honestly, the pain having my foot tattoo was a bitch, but you forget about it straight away

Hmmm, I think asprin does the same, but co-codamol is ok. I might look into it though- the scar is hideous looking, but on the other hand I really hate pain :tongue: Also I know that the scar on my foot is very tender so maybe waiting fr a year or so would be a better option!
i want another one already :frown:
Reply 395
I like them, but don't have any
Reply 396
Anyone want to add photos of their tattoos to the group? :holmes:

If anyone does, I think you can just upload them yourself, you just need to have them uploaded into a TSR album first.
Reply 397
Couple of tattoo photos, got loads more but just tend to not take photos of them. The medusa head was just after first sitting, was finished a while back in full colour although I don't have a pic of the finished one.

Reply 398

mine was numbed and it healed fine :dontknow: it actually healed really well and quickly and I usually heal really badly and have my ears pierced 3 times and they got infected 3 times
i did some henna yesterday! thinking of actuallyg getting something similar to the ghecko on my foot (but obviously much more well done!), the others I was just messing around, the ones on my shoulder are really not that good to be honest, for some reason the henna doesnt come out very well there!

i wish i could draw on my spine, or knew someone nearby who could draw it on for me in henna so i could see what it would be like before getting it :smile: it would be like italics style, the outlining, to give it a bit of extra personality, and coloured so that it has the slight pink hue in the centre of the petals that daisies have when they've just flowered :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest