The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironandwine
I am jealous! Literally gutted he's leaving Gallows, but his new band Pure Love look extremely incredibly promising :yep: and I'm sure whoever Gallows replace him with will not be a disappointment:h:

Were there many empty slots do you know? May just have to get something by him if there is :smile:

Yeah, I'm sure Gallows will keep on as strong as ever, and Pure Love will be awesome :smile:

There were definitely some empty slots, but they were definitely filling up quickly - I wasn't able to get my first choice, certainly. If you're going to go for it, get in quick. Word of advice - they say they require you to book at the shop, and pay a £50 deposit. The website says no appointments over the phone, but when I phoned up I was told that they could do phone appointments at a push, but, quote, "If you don't turn up, then you will never be tattooed by us or anyone we know again". I'm able to get into London quite easily, so I went to the shop, but that might be worth knowing for you, since Brighton's a bit further away.
I think this is the right place, but I need a bit of help. I want to get my first tattoo and I want to get a tribute to my Nan and Grandad who have both passed away.

I don't want to get their names on me or anything like that, but I was thinking of getting 'semper in corde meo' (forever in my heart in Latin). I'm unsure where to get it though.

Oh and I'm male. I just wondered if anyone had any advice they could give me? Thanks in advance :smile:

EDIT: Should have looked a couple of pages back first, and seen a link to the tattoo thread that isn't a chat thread! Will post this in there too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by randomer1122
I think this is the right place, but I need a bit of help. I want to get my first tattoo and I want to get a tribute to my Nan and Grandad who have both passed away.

I don't want to get their names on me or anything like that, but I was thinking of getting 'semper in corde meo' (forever in my heart in Latin). I'm unsure where to get it though.

Oh and I'm male. I just wondered if anyone had any advice they could give me? Thanks in advance :smile:

I think the obvious choice would be on your chest above your heart? It would be really fitting and discrete :yes:

Have you thought about fonts/sizes/colours etc.? And will it just be the words or would you get it done in an artistic way or something?
Original post by Delta_Aitch
I think the obvious choice would be on your chest above your heart? It would be really fitting and discrete :yes:

Have you thought about fonts/sizes/colours etc.? And will it just be the words or would you get it done in an artistic way or something?

Yeah that is where I thought it would be best.

I wouldn't want it huge and I think I'd want it in black. Thinking about it, I think it would be nice to have some kind of design with the words included in it, but I guess that is something an tattooist could help me with?

Thanks for quick reply!
Original post by randomer1122
Yeah that is where I thought it would be best.

I wouldn't want it huge and I think I'd want it in black. Thinking about it, I think it would be nice to have some kind of design with the words included in it, but I guess that is something an tattooist could help me with?

Thanks for quick reply!

Haha no poblem.

Yeah, if you go to a tattoo artist and outline your request, they will help your formulate it. When I got mine done, I had roughly two ideas that I wanted combined and we came up with the design together.

They can also help you with any queries you may have about what to do before you get your tat, during and about proper aftercare procedures.
Original post by Delta_Aitch
Haha no poblem.

Yeah, if you go to a tattoo artist and outline your request, they will help your formulate it. When I got mine done, I had roughly two ideas that I wanted combined and we came up with the design together.

They can also help you with any queries you may have about what to do before you get your tat, during and about proper aftercare procedures.

Ok thanks a lot.

I'll start getting into contact with some, and see what they say. I've always wanted to get a sleeve but at the moment I'm unsure on my career and I don't want to risk anything I might decide to do haha!
Reply 1186
Is your name actually soul?
Reply 1187
Ahhh ok :smile:

I was just wondering if he actually said "soul!" or if you were using your username as some sort of existential displacement of your actual name to keep your mystique and anonyminity.

Yes I'm bored :smile:
Reply 1188
RachelWest
x

I remember you saying you were getting your back tat coloured a while back; how did it go? :holmes:
Reply 1189
So weak... I didn't even crack a smile
Got my final touch up on my sleeve on Monday, cannae wait :^_^:

It's seriously so addictive though, I can't see the ink bug ever going away tbh :erm:
Original post by cdsmith1990
Got my final touch up on my sleeve on Monday, cannae wait :^_^:

It's seriously so addictive though, I can't see the ink bug ever going away tbh :erm:

This, x1000000000 :h:

And yay, make sure you post pictures! :smile:
Reply 1192
So you did decide to become a Mod, after all... :colone:
Now now now now :colone:
Aww :frown: I'm sure it was so worth it though :yep:
Reply 1195
I got my second tattoo on thursday :smile: It hurt like mad on my tummy/hip but glad I did it
Original post by emmi_lou
I got my second tattoo on thursday :smile: It hurt like mad on my tummy/hip but glad I did it

What did you get? :smile:
Reply 1197
WAGWAN MY LOVELY PEOPLE, ITS USSU AGAIN. ANY TATTOO GIRLS HERE?

Anyway, I found an awesome anthem for this thread:

One week! :woo:
My sleeve is finally finished after about 19 hours of work :biggrin:

Matt took some pro photos today so as soon as he posts them in his blog I'll put them up here.

Quick Reply

Latest