The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironandwine
Any ideas on how to add to this? :smile: or should I just leave it well alone haha...

Spoiler

IMO it looks perfect as it is...

I'd rather get another separate piece than modify a complete one like that :smile:
Reply 1381
Original post by Cybele
It's not a design, it's a quote. Still not sure about it, but I've been pondering getting -

"My care is like my shadow in the sun,
Follows me flying, flies when I pursue it."

That won't mean anything to you unless you're a big history/Elizabeth I geek like me. :teeth:

Nah, I like History but my mates don't really, yet we still regularly throw that quote around. Usually along with a 'heart and soul of a King' here and a 'much suspected by me, nothing proved can be' there......

...No, I've never heard it before. :colondollar:

Sounds like Queen Liz is trying to say she doesn't give a flying f*** tbf. :daydreaming:

Is the significance just that you like her/the quote itself?
Original post by Delta_Aitch
WHAT :colonhash:

Our leader seems to have lost his way. Placing blame on others is a bannable offence :sadnod: Watch your step, Bambi, we have a close eye on you.

As for the FAQ. I can't even remember where the posts are :facepalm2: I am sure they are all compiled into one post somewhere in this thread tho. I may have a looksie later on...

Little bit of a lovers tiff going on?:colonhash:

Yeah I seem to have forgotten where the FAQ's was, it'll turn up :pierre:
Original post by Griffin23
Little bit of a lovers tiff going on?:colonhash:

Yeah I seem to have forgotten where the FAQ's was, it'll turn up :pierre:

Lovers tiff implies that we were in love at some point. zjs is just a hater :no:

It'll turn up because I will make it my mission to find it! :bigsmile: at some point within the next year :colondollar:
Lovers tiff implies that we were in love at some point. zjs is just a hater :no:

It'll turn up because I will make it my mission to find it! :bigsmile: at some point within the next year :colondollar:

Oh I see :holmes: I will of course have to hear both sides of the story :colonhash:

Good luck on your mission, it may be a hard and dangerous one:moon:
Oh I see :holmes: I will of course have to hear both sides of the story :colonhash:

Good luck on your mission, it may be a hard and dangerous one:moon:

Are you saying I'm unworthy of your trust? :zomg:

...surely that was the bit where you give me some sort of trinket to aid me on my journey? :erm:
You're such a bad wise old man :angry:
Are you saying I'm unworthy of your trust? :zomg:

...surely that was the bit where you give me some sort of trinket to aid me on my journey? :erm:
You're such a bad wise old man :angry:

I am not saying anything of the sort:shock: I merely must be allowed all the facts :colonhash:

Yeah well I'm all out of trinkets:indiff:

:getmecoat:
Reply 1387
Original post by zjs
Nah, I like History but my mates don't really, yet we still regularly throw that quote around. Usually along with a 'heart and soul of a King' here and a 'much suspected by me, nothing proved can be' there......

...No, I've never heard it before. :colondollar:

Sounds like Queen Liz is trying to say she doesn't give a flying f*** tbf. :daydreaming:

Is the significance just that you like her/the quote itself?

It's from a poem she wrote (or was at least attributed to her) about unrequited love, coming to terms with the pain of it all and having to decide between your head and your heart. :daydreaming: I guess it can be applied to all things, not only love - there can be things you want in life which are simply out of your reach, you have to find a way to get on with it.

:colondollar:
I am not saying anything of the sort:shock: I merely must be allowed all the facts :colonhash:

Yeah well I'm all out of trinkets:indiff:

:getmecoat:

Nahhh, just know that I am always right :teeth:

All out of trinkets... ¬_¬ this is some sort of conspiracy :colonhash:
Nahhh, just know that I am always right :teeth:

All out of trinkets... ¬_¬ this is some sort of conspiracy :colonhash:

Orly? :teehee:

Yeah you see, I had them stashed in a safe location in London. But ever since a few days ago they appear to be missing :hmmm:
Orly? :teehee:

Yeah you see, I had them stashed in a safe location in London. But ever since a few days ago they appear to be missing :hmmm:

Yarly :sexface:

Well, how about I give you something and your give it back to me and pretend it's really valuable/helpful/vital for my mission? :colonhash:
Next time, do better :angry:
Yarly :sexface:

Well, how about I give you something and your give it back to me and pretend it's really valuable/helpful/vital for my mission? :colonhash:
Next time, do better :angry:

:mmm:

That could work, as long as no one else know's it will ruin the power:ninja:
:emo: I'll do better next time
:mmm:

That could work, as long as no one else know's it will ruin the power:ninja:
:emo: I'll do better next time

See that you do. Or next time I might decide to call in someone more suited for the job :puppyeyes:
See that you do. Or next time I might decide to call in someone more suited for the job :puppyeyes:

Nooooooo:zomg: I'll be better :puppyeyes: I'll not let you down again
Nooooooo:zomg: I'll be better :puppyeyes: I'll not let you down again

Promises?? PROMISES?? :colonhash:

You should make a shopping list so that you won't be in this situation again :yes:
Reply 1395
WHAT :colonhash:

Our leader seems to have lost his way. Placing blame on others is a bannable offence :sadnod: Watch your step, Bambi, we have a close eye on you.

As for the FAQ. I can't even remember where the posts are :facepalm2: I am sure they are all compiled into one post somewhere in this thread tho. I may have a looksie later on...

You're the JOINT LEADER. :hand:

I'm just the pretty face that represents our society to the (TSR) world, you're the brains behind the whole thing. :sadnod:

Bambi is not to be used in public TBH. :naughty:

Probably in the OP/first few posts of this thread. :holmes:
Reply 1396
Original post by Cybele
It's from a poem she wrote (or was at least attributed to her) about unrequited love, coming to terms with the pain of it all and having to decide between your head and your heart. :daydreaming: I guess it can be applied to all things, not only love - there can be things you want in life which are simply out of your reach, you have to find a way to get on with it.

:colondollar:

Well, my interpretation of it certainly made me sound like a hopeless romantic, eh? :dry:

Nothing is beyond your reach except the love of a select few taken individuals. Break through the glass ceiling tbh. :moon:

But I like it, as a message. :h:
Original post by zjs
You're the JOINT LEADER. :hand:

I'm just the pretty face that represents our society to the (TSR) world, you're the brains behind the whole thing. :sadnod:

Bambi is not to be used in public TBH. :naughty:

Probably in the OP/first few posts of this thread. :holmes:

I am VICE. ie, should you drop off the face of TSR, I am to take over :smug:
This is true, though, I am the more intelligent one :wizard:

I was sure the post was lost somewhere in the middle of the thread :colonhash: I'll have a look at the OP now and check.
Naaah, there are a few amazing posts at the beginning on the thread, but the FAQ stuff has been lost somewhere :sad:
Reply 1399
I am VICE. ie, should you drop off the face of TSR, I am to take over :smug:
This is true, though, I am the more intelligent one :wizard:

I was sure the post was lost somewhere in the middle of the thread :colonhash: I'll have a look at the OP now and check.

I've promoted you to joint leader, tbh. :yes:

The brains and the beauty :daydreaming: I'm just the affable rogue whose cheeky charm generates interest. :moon:

Naaah, there are a few amazing posts at the beginning on the thread, but the FAQ stuff has been lost somewhere :sad:

I put it all in one post, so do a 'search this thread' for FAQ on the Chat Thread. :wizard:

Quick Reply

Latest