The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by T-go
Do you know what those flowers are called? I can't find any information about it anywhere! :emo:

I'm just quoting you so that I can find this post again when I remember what those flowers are called because I can't remember right now!
Original post by sammycjones
i would take a picture of mine but im currently wearing tights :/
i have paw prints along my foot and a swallow on my ankle..

i would LOVE to have a tattoo down my spine, but i can imagine how the vibration off the bone is gonna freak me out :frown:

I wanted to have one on the top of my foot to cover a scar, but my friend told me that you would be able to hear the needle hit the metal rods that I had put in my foot during surgery, which would probably make me vomit.
Original post by psychocustard
Obviously I wouldn't be having quite that many :p: I may just get a single line of them progressively getting bigger the further up they go... I've got a while to think about it, though. I won't do it until I've gone back to uni anyway, and then I need to have enough money to do it! It's hard trying to work out what to get when you're not all that creatively minded, though :frown:

Haha tell me about, student budget is NOT the most ideal one to be on! My problem is the complete opposite; I have all these amazingly creative ideas that I would love to be able to express all over my body, but I just know they would never work in theory because I would get bored of them so quickly or find something to change about them.

Even now, there's a picture I've been drawing since I was in year 9 and it's still not finished because I keep adding/retracting things and changing the colour scheme, etc. :no: so bad.
Original post by Delta_Aitch
Haha tell me about, student budget is NOT the most ideal one to be on! My problem is the complete opposite; I have all these amazingly creative ideas that I would love to be able to express all over my body, but I just know they would never work in theory because I would get bored of them so quickly or find something to change about them.

Even now, there's a picture I've been drawing since I was in year 9 and it's still not finished because I keep adding/retracting things and changing the colour scheme, etc. :no: so bad.

I'm lucky in a sense, because next year I get a lot more student finance, so I technically could get it done, but I don't know if I should :p:
Feel free to chuck some of those ideas at me! I can't draw for anything, and I don't trust other people to convey my ideas properly. There's so much I'd like to chuck into one thing, but I've no idea how I'd bring them altogether nicely. Hopefully I'll find myself a nice tattooist who understands what I want :smile:
What are your ideas for yours?
I love yours :smile: especially the bird, it's so beautiful!

I am probably going to get a daisy chain down my spine, possibly in a few months time (eeep!), though I'm quite worried about it because I know it would really upset my Dad :frown: if he just got mad i wouldn't mind so much, but I don't want him to be upset with me! (and i already have 8 piercings which he hates in my ears) My mum pretends like she doesnt really care so thats fine, and my grandparents will love me no matter what XD daisies always remind me of my nan which is one reason, and they're my favourite flowers, they represent innocence, and they are so tiny and fragile, but so persistant and grow up everywhere, even the day after the grass is cut (kind of represents getting through things stronger than ever, and determination as well as being fragile and small in such a huge world :biggrin:)

also quite want a ghecko on my foot to represent travel, determination, and the way they like hiding away in their home, a little crack in the wall, but then go out into the world bravely even if timidly! kinda like me :tongue: and again the whole coming back stronger thing, as their tails/legs grow back if cut off i believe!

also possibly a small tornado somewhere (thinking of getting it when i go storm chasing, on the day i see my first tornado!) but not sure where :smile:

i'm addicted to miami ink too, they can be so beautiful! but i want to be careful to get them where i can cover them up because of a career in the future and stuff :smile: but don't want to live my life worrying what others will think and what will happen as a result of something i really want to do!
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm lucky in a sense, because next year I get a lot more student finance, so I technically could get it done, but I don't know if I should :p:
Feel free to chuck some of those ideas at me! I can't draw for anything, and I don't trust other people to convey my ideas properly. There's so much I'd like to chuck into one thing, but I've no idea how I'd bring them altogether nicely. Hopefully I'll find myself a nice tattooist who understands what I want :smile:
What are your ideas for yours?

Ahhh lucky :sad:

Well I know I want something elaborate and fairly big going from my lower back and up across to my side ..maybe under my armpit, I'm not sure.

Something floaty that kind of flows. The only way I can describe it is like a dandelion and those little fluffy parachutes coming off it as if being blown. But instead of parachutes, they will be words, petals, stars etc.

Fairly elaborate, see? >_< And just doesn't seem practical. I like the idea of like flowy text going from my lower back to my upper side with some sort of background image, too. But, as you can see, this is more of just a fantasy of what I would love to have, rather than what I will probably end up getting :colondollar:
Tis mine :smile:
I hate tatoo's They are such a turn off!
Original post by CameraGirl
I love yours :smile: especially the bird, it's so beautiful!

I am probably going to get a daisy chain down my spine, possibly in a few months time (eeep!), though I'm quite worried about it because I know it would really upset my Dad :frown: if he just got mad i wouldn't mind so much, but I don't want him to be upset with me! My mum pretends like she doesnt really care so thats fine, and my grandparents will love me no matter what XD daisies always remind me of my nan which is one reason, and they're my favourite flowers, they represent innocence, and they are so tiny and fragile, but so persistant and grow up everywhere, even the day after the grass is cut (kind of represents getting through things stronger than ever, and determination as well as being fragile and small in such a huge world :biggrin:)

also quite want a ghecko on my foot to represent travel, determination, and the way they like hiding away in their home, a little crack in the wall, but then go out into the world bravely even if timidly! kinda like me :tongue: and again the whole coming back stronger thing, as their tails/legs grow back if cut off i believe!

also possibly a small tornado somewhere (thinking of getting it when i go storm chasing, on the day i see my first tornado!) but not sure where :smile:

i'm addicted to miami ink too, they can be so beautiful! but i want to be careful to get them where i can cover them up because of a career in the future and stuff :smile: but don't want to live my life worrying what others will think and what will happen as a result of something i really want to do!

Haha I am OBSESSED with Miami Ink and LA Ink! The images they manage to tattoo on people is simply incredible! I am always so engrossed in their work :adore:
Ahhh lucky :sad:

Well I know I want something elaborate and fairly big going from my lower back and up across to my side ..maybe under my armpit, I'm not sure.

Something floaty that kind of flows. The only way I can describe it is like a dandelion and those little fluffy parachutes coming off it as if being blown. But instead of parachutes, they will be words, petals, stars etc.

Fairly elaborate, see? >_< And just doesn't seem practical. I like the idea of like flowy text going from my lower back to my upper side with some sort of background image, too. But, as you can see, this is more of just a fantasy of what I would love to have, rather than what I will probably end up getting :colondollar:

Ooh, I love the idea of that! I really want a quote from The Time Traveller's Wife at some point, too, as it's my favourite book in the world, but I have no idea where I'd put it. Seriously, all this tattoo business is so complicated! At least with my piercings it was easier :p:
Haha I am OBSESSED with Miami Ink and LA Ink! The images they manage to tattoo on people is simply incredible! I am always so engrossed in their work :adore:

it's true! i would loooooove to get a tattoo there while i'm out in the states, but i doubt i could afford it! the guys, and kat von d are amazing! imagine telling people you'd been tattooed by them too :biggrin:
Ooh, I love the idea of that! I really want a quote from The Time Traveller's Wife at some point, too, as it's my favourite book in the world, but I have no idea where I'd put it. Seriously, all this tattoo business is so complicated! At least with my piercings it was easier :p:

Hahaha exactly!! So many decisions to make about tattoos because you can literally get anything in the world! And then you have to decide if you want it coloured or not.. and NOW they even have UV tattoos!! :zomg:
A lot of thought goes into getting tattoos, even if it seems like people are doing it on a whim because they just wanted a tattoo :sigh:

Original post by CameraGirl
it's true! i would loooooove to get a tattoo there while i'm out in the states, but i doubt i could afford it! the guys, and kat von d are amazing! imagine telling people you'd been tattooed by them too :biggrin:

Haha exactly! Ultimate dream :daydreaming:
Original post by silverbolt

The bot and con symbols aside the artwork is completely origonal

Those are so ****ing retarded it's unreal.
Original post by sammycjones
ive already got 2 tattoos, one on the side of my foot and one on my ankle.... but im considering having something down my spine....

will it hurt? cause i felt the vibration off the needle on my ankle... but will spine be more sore?

I find that the vibration distracts from the pain, i found the spine fine.
Reply 153
I was actually thinking the same thing. The Body Mod thread is for all kinds of things to do with body modification, I like the sounds of a tattoo-specific thread that we cal all go back to when we want opinions on stuff. :yy:

How would we go about doing this? :holmes:

Great minds think alike. :moon:

Well, I'm on my phone at the minute and, being a BB, the internet's not great, but the exact steps for starting a society are under the Societies menu, if you fancy checking? If not I'll do it when I'm next at my laptop, like tomorrow some time.

We submit a request in Ask a Supermod for it to become a Society and they require a thread to go with, i.e. this point. When I made the Law Students Society, they told me they needed to see consistent activity on the thread for around 1-2 weeks, and then they'd make it a Society.

'Tattoo Society' or 'Tattoo Appreciation Society'? :holmes:
Original post by zjs

Well, I'm on my phone at the minute and, being a BB, the internet's not great, but the exact steps for starting a society are under the Societies menu, if you fancy checking? If not I'll do it when I'm next at my laptop, like tomorrow some time.

We submit a request in Ask a Supermod for it to become a Society and they require a thread to go with, i.e. this point. When I made the Law Students Society, they told me they needed to see consistent activity on the thread for around 1-2 weeks, and then they'd make it a Society.

Ooh, lavely. Surely we'd have to wait a few days until this thread has passed the relevant checks ie gone on for longer than 2 weeks?

What if they merge this thread with the Body Mod thread? :afraid:
Original post by ritchie888
I like how your moles on the MASSIVE woman one makes the woman herself look like she has moles.

haha I know, people have also said she looks like me... I can't see it but it's been said a few times.
Reply 156
I love them enough to have 23 of them. And I'm not nearly done yet!
Reply 157
[QUOTE="Delta_Aitch;32362500"]Oh no, I'm really not a fan of the tribal tattoos. They're just so overdone! Sorry :colondollar: What else do you like the look of?[/QUOTE
Well im thinking of joining the army after uni so maybe my regiments cap badge i think that if the tribal ones are too big they look **** but if the swirl around the delt it looks nice
Original post by sohinder
Oh no, I'm really not a fan of the tribal tattoos. They're just so overdone! Sorry :colondollar: What else do you like the look of?

Well im thinking of joining the army after uni so maybe my regiments cap badge i think that if the tribal ones are too big they look **** but if the swirl around the delt it looks nice

Hmmm maybe, I guess. I like the sound of your regiments cap, that could look really cool :yy:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 159
Original post by zjs

'Tattoo Appreciation Society' gets my vote!

Quick Reply

Latest