The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Smilingsam
Any excuse hun :wink: (ill get one in the motoring areas sooner or later)

Ah so acustomed to his ways would be better maybe; yh I can imagine most girls think they can change boys like that because they see it as a challenge some never learn lol

Hmm well at least you sorted out that dilema was going say could work something out with pretty lights on it :tongue: it would look good trust me hun.

Instead i now look at the map, think sod it, and go the opposite way anyway :biggrin:

You probably will, i have to share my laptop atm, which is limiting me getting on here in the evenings.

Or the look, think he's rich and looks nice, i'll just mold him into the man i want. Which for someone who doesnt do change.. isn't going to happen.

He's sitting picking at his toe nails at the moment :s-smilie:

I've got someone i'm seeing, and someone i live with, i just don't mix them :biggrin:
Original post by Bathwiggle
I've got someone i'm seeing, and someone i live with, i just don't mix them :biggrin:

Sounds like a sensible idea to me.
Reply 982

Are you saying you don't want to move in with me? *sniff*
Original post by Lantana

I hope she doesn't I'd have to buy new windows every time she rides by on her super-loud SV
Reply 984
Original post by Lantana

you can move in with me and pet mechanic :yes: and then he can be manly or pretty and fix bikes for us :yes:

Original post by Chilledice
I hope she doesn't I'd have to buy new windows every time she rides by on her super-loud SV

:eek: they aren't THAT bad...

Knee down... elbow down... head down?

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bathwiggle
knee down... Elbow down... Head down?

what the hell.
Why would you destroy a helmet trying to get your head down? Mental...

Used to be really impressed by the lean angle of the Suzuki motogp bikes and iirc Hopkins used to regularly wear down his elbow pads during the races...
Oh no! Need help guys, Got a piece of metal stuck in my tyre and need to buy a new one. Can anybody recommend me an online motorcycle tyre retailer with a decent stock and preferably next day delivery (it would be good if you have experience with them).

Has anybody heard of this company? They seem to have reasonable prices:

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-details/dunlop-sportmax-d208-160-60-r17-69-w-rear-tl/

Thanks in advance.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 988
Knee down... elbow down... head down?

Does your knee actually touch the floor? Coz my daddy says it doesn't otherwise you'd fall off
Original post by Juno
Does your knee actually touch the floor? Coz my daddy says it doesn't otherwise you'd fall off

yes, it does, you can hear the plastic scraping on the tarmac.. Infact you can get knee sliders with metal in and they make sparks!
Reply 990
Original post by Juno

Centrifugal force :wink:
Reply 991

yes, it does, you can hear the plastic scraping on the tarmac.. Infact you can get knee sliders with metal in and they make sparks!

:eek: pretty!
Reply 992
Original post by Juno

Thats why you have knee sliders, as otherwise you can grind through your knee cap. I've not got my knee down, only my foot (and that involved some very tight cornering as i got it slightly wrong. You need to dangle your bum off the seat normally, unless like josh you have long legs.

Original post by Sammydemon
Oh no! Need help guys, Got a piece of metal stuck in my tyre and need to buy a new one. Can anybody recommend me an online motorcycle tyre retailer with a decent stock and preferably next day delivery (it would be good if you have experience with them).

Has anybody heard of this company? They seem to have reasonable prices:

Thanks in advance.

I've used here before, next day delivery.
http://www.fwr.co.uk/contact.htm

I've used here before, next day delivery.
http://www.fwr.co.uk/contact.htm

Thanks. I've had a look but they don't stock the tyre I require!

Anybody with any other suggestions?
Reply 994
Original post by Sammydemon
Thanks. I've had a look but they don't stock the tyre I require!

Anybody with any other suggestions?

possibly m&p.. theyve started trading online again.
How do people feel about being filmed? Hopefully getting my Drift camera on Friday in time for the meet on Monday.
Original post by LandyJon
How do people feel about being filmed? Hopefully getting my Drift camera on Friday in time for the meet on Monday.

No problems with it, preferably not filming my number plate though :smile:
No problems with it, preferably not filming my number plate though :smile:

i dont understand why people are bothered by that?
Original post by crazyjoyce
i dont understand why people are bothered by that?

2 reasons really. Law enforcement and cloning.

As in, if you look down and we're doing 75 and then look up and I'm pulling away from you then you show my number plate there's a chance that we can get police angry at us. Or on the other hand if one of us had an accident and there was video of me doing something that made me at fault, that wouldn't be good.

Secondly, for speeding tickets/congestion charges people can "steal" your number plate :smile:
Reply 999

Secondly, for speeding tickets/congestion charges people can "steal" your number plate :smile:

Yeah, but they have to have the same bike as you for that, and who would want the ugly thing?

Latest

Trending

Trending