The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Original post by Dusty12
Bristol's website link THIS one, so it's probably your best bet. You're right there are millions of them though!

The Freshers Ball and the Freshers Party seem to be the only things you need tickets for atm. You can buy them on the Bristol website, but because we haven't been registered yet you have to buy them as a member of the public. This somewhat implies they're not expecting us to be buying them yet.

In any case, I'm debating whether I'll go to the Ball as well as the Party. I don't want to waste £20 and the fact that Tinchy Stryder is there, if anything, makes me want to go even less.:tongue: I probably will end up buying tickets to both though. Don't want to miss out if it's fun.:biggrin:

Thanks for linking me to the (presumably) right one, I've just sent a request so hopefully I'll be able to get the updates from there.

I think a lot of people feel the same way about those two events, I've seen a lot on here about dislike for Tinchy Stryder, but I may just buy tickets anyway if that's where the majority will be.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2241
Original post by punctuation
There are three that are official, really... I suggest you look at all of them. :s-smilie: *

http://www.facebook.com/BristolUniversityFreshers2012Official

http://www.facebook.com/bristol.u.freshersweek

http://www.facebook.com/bristolfreshers2012?ref=stream

http://www.ubu.org.uk/news/article/8612/Freshers-Events/ Freshers Ball and Freshers Party. The latter is cheaper and will probably sell out quicker, so you'd best buy that now if you want to go. I've bought mine recently, you just need to register as a guest.

The former doesn't sell out as quickly, so you should wait until you know your flatmates and see if they're going or would rather do something else. :smile:

* on Facebook, you can add pages/friends to 'interest lists' so I've made a list for all things related to freshers week to aggregate all possible/new updates. :biggrin: Here is what I have on mine:

I've just learned how to do that interests thing, it'll come in pretty handy for notifications and the like. Thanks!

I might just buy the double ticket thing and hope that most people are going, I'm in halls so I don't have any flatmates to go with, but I'll see what my mates who are going to Bristol too are planning on doing :smile:
Original post by xander93
I've just learned how to do that interests thing, it'll come in pretty handy for notifications and the like. Thanks!

I might just buy the double ticket thing and hope that most people are going, I'm in halls so I don't have any flatmates to go with, but I'll see what my mates who are going to Bristol too are planning on doing :smile:

No problem! But you have flats in halls as well :confused: Which hall are you in?
Reply 2243
No problem! But you have flats in halls as well :confused: Which hall are you in?

Actually you're probably right, I'm in Wills but thought that it was big long corridors, it seems like they're each in small blocks within the hall so there wont be too many per 'unit', if you can call it that?
Actually you're probably right, I'm in Wills but thought that it was big long corridors, it seems like they're each in small blocks within the hall so there wont be too many per 'unit', if you can call it that?

Ah right. On the Wills page on Bristol accom it says bathrooms are shared between 3-5 students so that's probably what would be a 'unit'.
Reply 2245
Ah right. On the Wills page on Bristol accom it says bathrooms are shared between 3-5 students so that's probably what would be a 'unit'.

Thanks very much, you know more about my accommodation than I do hahahahah!
Thanks very much, you know more about my accommodation than I do hahahahah!

Haha yeah I read too much of the website... I think the firmers facebook group can attest to that. :rolleyes:
Reply 2247
Yes

Spoiler

First 4 are spam.
Reply 2249
To you awesome people out there doing Geography at Bristol this year!

We've got a Facebook page for you.....go on and like it :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/geographyfreshers
Reply 2250
So, getting kinda paranoid as my family have a habit of forgetting to give me letters addressed to me. Has anything arrived in the post for anyone since the registration guide?
Original post by A.J10
So, getting kinda paranoid as my family have a habit of forgetting to give me letters addressed to me. Has anything arrived in the post for anyone since the registration guide?

I've had a letter about open units, but you won't get that if your course doesn't do open units.
Original post by A.J10

I've had nothing. I'm kind of expecting something to come to tell us of all the amazing things they have planned for us.
Reply 2253
Original post by TenTen-da
I've had a letter about open units, but you won't get that if your course doesn't do open units.

Original post by Edwin Okli
I've had nothing. I'm kind of expecting something to come to tell us of all the amazing things they have planned for us.

No open units for my course, I just wanted to make sure and everything. When I started 6th form I only got a letter the day before the deadline because a friend mentioned it, my mother denied that I'd had anything through the post, found it hidden in a cupboard :facepalm:

Seems odd, my friend leaves this saturday, so many other places stars so soon... Why make us wait? :unimpressed:
Original post by A.J10
No open units for my course, I just wanted to make sure and everything. When I started 6th form I only got a letter the day before the deadline because a friend mentioned it, my mother denied that I'd had anything through the post, found it hidden in a cupboard :facepalm:

Seems odd, my friend leaves this saturday, so many other places stars so soon... Why make us wait? :unimpressed:

You may get a letter from the CompSci department. I got two separate emails for psychology and philosophy from the respective departments, even though I don't have any open unit options. It depends on your department though, you should ask the other compsci freshers.
Just looking at the letter about open units, it says log onto the 'mybristol' site, have we been given our usernames yet? If so where can I find it? If not when do we get given it so we can log on and see our timetables? :confused:
Original post by phiddy23
Just looking at the letter about open units, it says log onto the 'mybristol' site, have we been given our usernames yet? If so where can I find it? If not when do we get given it so we can log on and see our timetables? :confused:

Not yet, online registration is when you should get it, I think. (13th of September)
Not yet, online registration is when you should get it, I think. (13th of September)

Thanks!
I am current Civil Engineering student and can help anyone if they have any queries about the course or Uni life in general.
Reply 2259
Bit late to the party here, but anyway I'm a medic going to Hiatt Baker (anyone else?) and just been looking at the freshers events. So has anyone here bought any tickets yet? I'm not sure what to choose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending