The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harrisonJT
Anyone heard anything from Politics?

no :frown: I applied to do Politics and Sociology, doubting a possitive reply though... way out of my league. just thought it was worth a shot. I heard though that Bristol is notorious for late offers.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 901
Original post by Taurus05
I am over the moooon!! :tongue: The offer is BB, as I already have an A level in a language at grade A. I am so surprised that they gave me such a low offer-but I'm not complaining! Haha! :biggrin::biggrin:

That is so good!! A relief I bet - how excitinggggggggg :biggrin: Good luck with everything!
Reply 902
Original post by mmyeah
That is so good!! A relief I bet - how excitinggggggggg :biggrin: Good luck with everything!

Tell me about it! A HUGE relief! Thank you! Same t:biggrin:o you!
I was suprised today with an offer for French and German :smile: Anybody else applying for languages?
Reply 904
Original post by Ecaudate

Original post by Ecaudate
I've also applied for French and Spanish, so I'm getting nervous now too! Two of my friends have also applied for French and Spanish at Bristol, and none of us have had a reply, so I'm telling myself not to worry they've forgotten me yet :smile:

dont worry! ive applied for the same course, i havent heard yet :tongue:

has anyone applied to UCL?
Reply 905
Any law offers yet ?
Original post by Dach1171
I also haven't heard back from Bristol for economics! has yours been 4 weeks since they received it? They say that they try to reply within four weeks but leave a few applicants who are closer to the boundary until Febuary time for the last few places!
Have faith! There is still hope for both of us :smile:

Is that specific to Economics? I mean, it's been 7 weeks since I submitted my application and I've had nothing but an acknowledgement. But I don't think many (if any) people have an offer for Maths. *sigh* More waiting.
Reply 907
Original post by Edwin Okli

Original post by Edwin Okli
Is that specific to Economics? I mean, it's been 7 weeks since I submitted my application and I've had nothing but an acknowledgement. But I don't think many (if any) people have an offer for Maths. *sigh* More waiting.

Original post by KIT94
Yeah i applied in the 2nd so its almost been 4 weeks...that just lifts my spirits haha thank you soo much and yes there is hope for us :smile: ...by the way, how did you find this out?

I was being a complete nerd and reading up on the extra information haha
I got this link [http://www.bristol.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/2012/admissions-statements.html] from the acknowledgement email they sent me, so just select your course and it will bring up all the info on how they process your application, contextual factors, entry requirements etc. (on page two it states the four weeks thing for economics but near the bottom of that page it states 'a number of applications will be held until February before the decision is made') so if you read up on that it should answer all your questions!
(edited 12 years ago)

I was being a complete nerd and reading up on the extra information haha
I got this link [http://www.bristol.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/2012/admissions-statements.html] from the acknowledgement email they sent me, so just select your course and it will bring up all the info on how they process your application, contextual factors, entry requirements etc. (on page two it states the four weeks thing for economics but near the bottom of that page it states 'a number of applications will be held until February before the decision is made') so if you read up on that it should answer all your questions!

By the way it's written I'd guess that it means that you should receive an acknowledgement within 4 weeks of applying. Oh well.
Applying for History, predicted AAB with A in History, and 2 other solid subjects. Has anyone received an offer for this course yet/rate my chances? ty
Original post by srascal8
Applying for History, predicted AAB with A in History, and 2 other solid subjects. Has anyone received an offer for this course yet/rate my chances? ty

No History offers yet :frown:

Reckon we'll be waiting until January, maybe after the deadline, the department was still making decisions on the 1st of March this year :eek:

They seem to care a lot about the personal statement as well as the reference/ predicted grades, but I don't know exactly what they want, and it's an extremely competitive course.....who knows? Let's wait and see, there are several history applicants waiting on here.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by harrisonJT
Anyone heard anything from Politics?

Yep, got an offer on Nov. 7 :smile:
Reply 912
Original post by Niki_girl
No History offers yet :frown:

Reckon we'll be waiting until January, maybe after the deadline, the department was still making decisions on the 1st of March this year :eek:

They seem to care a lot about the personal statement as well as the reference/ predicted grades, but I don't know exactly what they want, and it's an extremely competitive course.....who knows? Let's wait and see, there are several history applicants waiting on here.

Good luck! :smile:

Damn, I'm predicted AAB too! in History, Economics and Politics :/ Going to be a horrible wait, does anyone know how many offers they give out for their 108 places? Surely it couldn't be more than 220 or so :/
Reply 913
anybody wanna make a facebook (closed) group?
Original post by -Illmatic-
anybody wanna make a facebook (closed) group?

Yeah, go for it :smile:!
Original post by -Illmatic-

Username:
Course:
Other Unis you are considering:
Predicted grades:

Username: pollyrylandsrichey
Course: Psychology (C801)
Other Unis: UCL, Oxford, Durham, Newcastle
Predictions: A*A*AA

anyone else for psychology on here? :smile:
Reply 916
Original post by pollyrylandsrichey
Username: pollyrylandsrichey
Course: Psychology (C801)
Other Unis: UCL, Oxford, Durham, Newcastle
Predictions: A*A*AA

anyone else for psychology on here? :smile:

There's a wiki page here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Bristol_Offers_2012 (:
Reply 917
Original post by sweet77
dont worry! ive applied for the same course, i havent heard yet :tongue:

has anyone applied to UCL?

I haven't heard back from Bristol yet for French and Italian! When did you apply?
Also, I applied to UCL too but for modern languages French and Italian! I forgot to specify my language choices in the further details area so I e-mailed them on the 2nd Nov to confirm them and received an acknowledgment of that email only 2 days ago!!
Have you recieved your questionnaire yet? I haven't !

X
Reply 918
Original post by snagjaz

Original post by snagjaz
I haven't heard back from Bristol yet for French and Italian! When did you apply?
Also, I applied to UCL too but for modern languages French and Italian! I forgot to specify my language choices in the further details area so I e-mailed them on the 2nd Nov to confirm them and received an acknowledgment of that email only 2 days ago!!
Have you recieved your questionnaire yet? I haven't !

X

omg im in the same position as you! i forgot to specify the languages im applying for, and i received my email a few days ago too
for UCL i havent received my questionnaire and i am getting worried because people had deadlines to fill that in, and some people have received offers without filling out a questionnaire!
hopefully i will receive it soon!
where else have you applied?

thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending