University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

History offer just now, cannot believe it! AAB :biggrin:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hi, I got my offer on Friday for Theology and Religion at Bristol!
Anyone else applying for it? :smile:
Original post by GraceDanni
Ooh thanks for that :smile:

I spoke to my 2 friends who've been up there- one had an individual interview and the other one sort of had a group discussion (though she said a lady basically just talked at them for an hour about her research). They also both said the test was quite easy and it's apparently just supposed to be for them to see if there's any difference between the maths and further maths people or something like that

Yeah, when I went to the Physics day there, the people at Bristol just said it was to see what people did/didn't know compared to previous years (To see the variation in exam boards etc.) but emphasised that it didn't affect our chances of an offer, so don't worry about the test! :smile:
Reply 1183
Original post by -Illmatic-
I've seen a couple of threads for different universities such as Oxbridge and Durham and I thought I'd get the ball rolling with prospective Bristol applicants :smile:

List of applicants, quote me and I'll add you to the list

Other unis: Leicester, Liverpool, HYMS
A Level Grades: A*AAAAa

45. Applying for classics
other unis ive applied to are cambridge exeter warwick and manchester
ib predictions: 42 points with 777 at higher

46. Username: Mahassociates
Course: Politics
Other Unis you are considering: Cambridge, UCL, LSE, KCL
Predicted grades: 5-5-5 (American APs)

47. Username: Modini
Course: Graduate Entry Medicine (A101)
Other Unis you are considering: Warwick, Southampton, Nottingham
Predicted grades: I have AAAa at A level. Predicted a 1st for my BSc.

48. Username: blacklistmember
Course: Mathematics
Other Unis you are considering: Oxford, Imperial, Bath, Nottingham
Predicted grades: A*A*A*

49. Username: dsinghdahiya257
Course: Economics
Other Unis you are considering: Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham, Queens
Predicted grades: U/A

50. Username: Caolan
Course:Cellular and Molecular Medicine B130
Other Unis you are considering: Glasgow, Newcastle, Dundee and Manchester (all medicine)
Predicted grades:A*AAA

51. Username: wren94
Course: Music
Other Unis you are considering: Cambridge (long shot, but enjoyed the Summer School; on a par with Bristol IMHO), York (ABB offer), Cardiff and Surrey (ABB offer)

52. Username: Obfuscator
Course:Politics
Other Unis you are considering: (Bristol), Warwick, Sheffield, Nottingham, UEA
Predicted Grades: Government & Politics: A, Biology: A, English Literature: B.

53. Username: Nadine10
Course: Economics
Other Unis you are considering: Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL
Predicted grades: Already Achieved A* in Maths and A in French, predicted A* (further maths), A* (economics), A* (physics), A* (EPQ)

54. Username: icedragon
Course: Physics
Other Unis you are considering: Manchester, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Sussex
Predicted grades: AAB (we're predicted our AS results )

55. Username: sweets93
Course: Psychology with Philosophy
Other Unis you are considering: Durham, Exeter, Reading, Nottingham

If you can quote/PM me in this format, I'll add you to the list. Might even get a fb group started closer to the date (if everybody is willing to join :P )

Username:
Course:
Other Unis you are considering:
Predicted grades:

Medicine applicants: here's a useful video donated by a TSRian who gives a couple of tips about how to get into Medicine :smile:

56. Username - tl247
Course - Medicine - just got an offer! :biggrin:
Other Unis you are considering: Edinburgh
Hello,
I've applied for English Literature and am getting VERY panicky so would quite like some advice/reassurance/really blunt honesty about my chances!

Applied: 8th November 2011
GCSE Grades: 5 A*s, 6 A's
AS Grades: 4 A's, with 97% overall in english and 100% in the exam
Predicted: A* A* A, A* for EPQ

I have offers for Sheffield, Leeds and Southampton, but have also applied to Bristol and Warwick (the two I REALLY like). I don't expect to hear from Warwick for a while, since they interview, but I know people are hearing from Bristol already- two people from my school already have offers for English! Do I stand a chance? I got a really really good reference, but I expect everyone did, and I just feel really worried!

Any wise words would be much appreciated :smile:
My English offer just came through, AAA :smile:
I'm over the moon - I was in a very public place when I found out and screamed so loudly everyone turned to look at me.
Reply 1186
Original post by mollygrobinson
My English offer just came through, AAA :smile:
I'm over the moon - I was in a very public place when I found out and screamed so loudly everyone turned to look at me.

oh woww, well done! do you mind if i ask you what you're predicted for and what subjects?:smile:
History offer, AAB with A in history, so happy :biggrin: please could someone add me to the bristol offers page? :smile:

Edit: worked out how to add myself to the offers page :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GraceDanni
Ooh thanks for that :smile:

I spoke to my 2 friends who've been up there- one had an individual interview and the other one sort of had a group discussion (though she said a lady basically just talked at them for an hour about her research). They also both said the test was quite easy and it's apparently just supposed to be for them to see if there's any difference between the maths and further maths people or something like that

Ah right, I wonder how they decide whether you get an interview or a discussion. I guess I'd prefer the discussion, unless everyone else in the group is intimidatingly smart. :P

Original post by NuclearFusion
Yeah, when I went to the Physics day there, the people at Bristol just said it was to see what people did/didn't know compared to previous years (To see the variation in exam boards etc.) but emphasised that it didn't affect our chances of an offer, so don't worry about the test! :smile:

Oh okay, that's pretty fine then. Looking forward to the visit day now that I know that the test isn't particularly significant. :smile:
Accounting and Finance AAB - A in Maths with AB in C3 & C4 and A in Economics
Reply 1190
Got my English offer yesterday, but just found out it now (I'd given up checking my email! haha) I am actually over the moon as I really wasn't expecting it :biggrin: Well done to everyone else!
Anyone applying for ancient history or archaeology and heard back??? Im starting to worry now :frown:
Original post by godsangel
Anyone applying for ancient history or archaeology and heard back??? Im starting to worry now :frown:

I've applied for History and haven't heard back - don't worry, Bristol are well known for replying quite late to candidates, in fact most of their offers seem to be given out in January - so I wouldn't start to worry until at least after the Jan 15th. deadline :smile:
My offer for Eng. Lit came through two days ago! :smile: AAB, I think it'll be my firm choice, anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 1194
Does anyone know if there are any visit/post-applicant days for Bristol soon? Its the only one of my offers that I haven't visited properly and really want to before I make any decisions soon.... every other place that gave me an offer contacted me about open days...
Im sure we'll get something in the post about it after Christmas.
Anyone got an offer/rejection for the Mathematics and Statistics course? haven't heard from them yet...
Reply 1197
Got my offer for English and am super happy because it arrived on the same day as most people got their Oxford letters.... which I had already been rejected from :biggrin:.
Original post by Zosia
Got my offer for English and am super happy because it arrived on the same day as most people got their Oxford letters.... which I had already been rejected from :biggrin:.

Haha, snap! I got rejected by Oxford on the day I got my Bristol offer, talk about timing :tongue: Congratulations on your offer, English looks so hard to get onto!
Reply 1199
Haha yeah it greatly lightened my mood, thanks, I'm so pleased!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending