The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazeyaker
Hiya, Fairly new to this but have been watching it for a while! Just got an unconditional from Herts today for their FdSc programme :biggrin: had been put on the waiting list but thankfully that's all over! I wondered if there was some facebook group or anything with other 2012 students?

crazeyaker

There is one. search for it. its just "hertfordshire paramedic science 2012/2013". I'm a first year :smile: SEe you in september :smile:
Reply 3201
Hi all,
I received this from BCU today . .
'Hi,
We have requested all applications be sent to us now and we aim to shortlist over the next couple of weeks.* We will be in touch as soon as this is completed (either way)'
Fingers crossed x
Reply 3202
Original post by zombie1
Hi all,
I received this from BCU today . .
'Hi,
We have requested all applications be sent to us now and we aim to shortlist over the next couple of weeks.* We will be in touch as soon as this is completed (either way)'
Fingers crossed x

Did you recieve that by email?
Reply 3203
Original post by RosieD1
Did you recieve that by email?

Hiya, yeah I sent an email last week basically asking when we should be hearing anything etc and I got a reply today. Have you applied there too?x
Reply 3204
Spoke to BCU today and they say the tutor has requested all the applications and is now going through them and shortlisting them.

Do Universities go on holiday through July and August? Surely they need to get the interviews done by the end of June? I know they said that the start date might be pushed back from October now :/
Original post by Kayvee
Spoke to BCU today and they say the tutor has requested all the applications and is now going through them and shortlisting them.

Do Universities go on holiday through July and August? Surely they need to get the interviews done by the end of June? I know they said that the start date might be pushed back from October now :/

Nope they don't really go on holiday much at all. They pretty much run like a regular business (off Xmas, new year and bank holidays but that's about it). As its a none UCAS course they are perfectly entitled to take their own sweet time on things. I would imagine if it gets pushed back it will be a Jan/March/April.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3206
Bcu are going to be a bit stuck as the majority of students who have applied have already firmed other places. Therefore they could select 100 for interview, and decline the rest, and end up being that the 100 all decline anyway because they're going else where?!?!?!?

Reply 3207
Original post by zombie1
Hiya, yeah I sent an email last week basically asking when we should be hearing anything etc and I got a reply today. Have you applied there too?x

Oh right, thank you :smile: yes, I've applied and it's my only hope! Recieved four interviews but no offers. Just hoping something might come put of this. First year of applying so wasn't expecting to get in, knowing how difficult it is, just hoped I might haha! x
Original post by RosieD1
Oh right, thank you :smile: yes, I've applied and it's my only hope! Recieved four interviews but no offers. Just hoping something might come put of this. First year of applying so wasn't expecting to get in, knowing how difficult it is, just hoped I might haha! x

Same except I had 3 interviews !
Reply 3209
BCU will probably end up having a similar problem swansea have, they wait too long and all the good candidates have offers elsewhere.
Original post by Dan9878
BCU will probably end up having a similar problem swansea have, they wait too long and all the good candidates have offers elsewhere.

We ain't that dreadful!! The majority of people in my year are from South Wales so don't actually have that much choice anyway. BCU will struggle more because its such a new course and because they're are doing applications till very very late on.
Reply 3211
Original post by Happy_Holidays
We ain't that dreadful!! The majority of people in my year are from South Wales so don't actually have that much choice anyway. BCU will struggle more because its such a new course and because they're are doing applications till very very late on.

That is not what I meant. Out of 7 or so people I know who got offers, only 1 is considering going to swansea, they all have offers elsewhere.

The admin side is really poor.

Dan
Reply 3212
Does anyone know any courses which have a large amount of places a year? I know Plymouth accept around 30-40 each year onto there course. Most of the other courses have like 16-24 places!

Reply 3213
Original post by f0rbesy
Does anyone know any courses which have a large amount of places a year? I know Plymouth accept around 30-40 each year onto there course. Most of the other courses have like 16-24 places!

Yeah to be honest I think Plymouth is the only one with large intakes.

Bristol have 25 places a believe.

Swansea use to have loads, but that's cut down to 15 this year.

I'm not too sure about the London universities though as I've never had much contact with them/students there.

Herts seems to have loads... I know OxB have 30?
Original post by hhh123
Yeah to be honest I think Plymouth is the only one with large intakes.

Bristol have 25 places a believe.

Swansea use to have loads, but that's cut down to 15 this year.

I'm not too sure about the London universities though as I've never had much contact with them/students there.

Greenwich Avery Hill and St Georges had about 20 places each.
Reply 3216
Anyone had any update yet from BCU?
Reply 3217
Update from BCU!

Got an email reply back today stating that they are short listing applicants now and that they should hear from them in the next 2 weeks! She also stated that there will no longer be a fitness test for this round of interviews!

Not long now!
Reply 3218
Original post by f0rbesy

Worcester have 30 but are only doing one intake from now on.

Original post by f0rbesy

Herts have 30 Fd and 30 BSc places.

Latest