The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by megan2012
I have interviews at Northampton on 13th Dec, Portsmouth in March and Coventry on 6th feb! So nervous already! Hope to see some of you there!

see you at coventry on the 6th feb :biggrin: what time ?
Original post by Alex27
I had a letter from BCU last week informing me that the course is still waiting for approval but that should be gained by Feb 2012. I also got an email from UWE last week with a link and username/password to access 'track' kind of system from their website. I had an interview with Coventry and Swansea last year. Good luck! :biggrin:

what sort of questions was you asked at coventry and swansea? i have applied at both of those places :redface:
Reply 582
Original post by Anyastasia
Anyhow, does anyone else have a Coventry interview on the 6th of Feb?

I've got an interview at Coventry on the 6th Feb aswell :smile: I think I'm gonna go up the night before if I can get the time off work, save me from driving up in the morning.
Original post by Tacita
I've got an interview at Coventry on the 6th Feb aswell :smile: I think I'm gonna go up the night before if I can get the time off work, save me from driving up in the morning.

I went up the night before last year. Stayed in a lovely B&B. My tip is to find the uni the night before as the ring road to get there is horrible. The sat nav hates it. Ours was going "turn left, straight on bare right" at the same time...
Reply 584
Original post by ~Justin~
I went up the night before last year. Stayed in a lovely B&B. My tip is to find the uni the night before as the ring road to get there is horrible. The sat nav hates it. Ours was going "turn left, straight on bare right" at the same time...

Ahah don't get me started on that ring road!
I stayed over the night before last year, only because I had an interview at Staffordshire then an interview at Coventry the next day so it saved driving home and back. I didn't apply to Coventry again this year though, really didn't like the university at all.
Reply 585
Got a letter today from Staffordshire uni telling me that I'm through to stage 2 of their application process following my interview last week!!
So chuffed! Has anybody else had this letter since having an interview there? Also are there any previous/current Staffordshire students who can shed any light onto what stage 2 is and how many people get through to it, etc...? :smile:
Original post by laurajones24
Interview at Portsmouth on 6th of March :smile: happy days

Excellent. The very best of luck. Maybe see you when you start the course! Any questions just shout.
Original post by stid123
I have an interview on the 6th March, just received through UCAS, received a rejection from Bournemouth though!

Portsmouth is way better :tongue:
Reply 588
Original post by starsteph1993

Original post by starsteph1993
how did your interview go?

what work experience do you have?

have you got any tips for the interview?

I haven't got my interview until the 26th of january, I got confused with the email they sent me!

I've worked as a nursing assistant for just over two years and done an access course

With the interview - I can't really help! I've had two paramedic practise interviews with john moores before and they ask you completely different questions each time so even I have no idea what there going to ask me this year! haha :smile:

good luck any how!
Original post by Alex27
Got a letter today from Staffordshire uni telling me that I'm through to stage 2 of their application process following my interview last week!!
So chuffed! Has anybody else had this letter since having an interview there? Also are there any previous/current Staffordshire students who can shed any light onto what stage 2 is and how many people get through to it, etc...? :smile:

Well done Alex!

I believe stage two at Staffordshire is the fitness test. This, last year was a bleep test and I believe you had to reach level 7.5 to qualify. However don't quote me on this but I am pretty confident of it! When is stage 2?
Reply 590
Lets hope this week is a successful week...
Original post by hhh123
Lets hope this week is a successful week...

Gahhhh! I know the feeling...
Reply 592
Well done Alex!

I believe stage two at Staffordshire is the fitness test. This, last year was a bleep test and I believe you had to reach level 7.5 to qualify. However don't quote me on this but I am pretty confident of it! When is stage 2?

I thought that but at the interview they said they're not doing the fitness test from this year onwards because being fit isn't an essential requirement for registration with the HPC.

I found out that getting to stage 2 basically means getting shortlisted, then once all the suitable applicants have been interviewed they're going to review all the people at stage 2 before deciding who to offer a place to and sending out offers sometime in April. Fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Original post by Alex27
I thought that but at the interview they said they're not doing the fitness test from this year onwards because being fit isn't an essential requirement for registration with the HPC.

I found out that getting to stage 2 basically means getting shortlisted, then once all the suitable applicants have been interviewed they're going to review all the people at stage 2 before deciding who to offer a place to and sending out offers sometime in April. Fingers crossed! :biggrin:

Oh that's good! I was having a conversation with the lectures from Worcester at the Emergency Services Show a few weeks back and they said the same about the fitness test. Its just another way for the University to filter applicants out.
Reply 594
Oh that's good! I was having a conversation with the lectures from Worcester at the Emergency Services Show a few weeks back and they said the same about the fitness test. Its just another way for the University to filter applicants out.

Worcester is my top choice :-)
Original post by hhh123
Worcester is my top choice :-)

Me too, that and UWE.

I have set up an Artical Page HERE that we can update with our offers and rejections if anyone is interested? I know a lot of the of courses have one so yeh?
Original post by katy20
I haven't got my interview until the 26th of january, I got confused with the email they sent me!

I've worked as a nursing assistant for just over two years and done an access course

With the interview - I can't really help! I've had two paramedic practise interviews with john moores before and they ask you completely different questions each time so even I have no idea what there going to ask me this year! haha :smile:

good luck any how!

Oh right i see, well good luck this year! is this your 3rd year trying ?
Reply 597
Me too, that and UWE.

I have set up an Artical Page HERE that we can update with our offers and rejections if anyone is interested? I know a lot of the of courses have one so yeh?

All about Northampton for me. It seems amazing there!! And UWE I guess because it's local
Reply 598
Original post by WannabeParamedic
Has anyone heard anything from Oxford Brookes? I don't think I've read anything on here regarding OB?

Got a letter this morning inviting me for interview on 20th December! Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 599
Original post by Alex27
Got a letter this morning inviting me for interview on 20th December! Have you heard anything yet?

CONGRATS!
I still haven't heard from Brighton -_-
And haven't heard back from UWE since giving them back my questionnaire.

Latest