The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hhh123
Yeah I really liked UWE at their open day, and it is fairly local to where I live (2.5 hour drive still!). Ummm 1:4 chance. Is that the same with most universities do you reckon?

That feedback is pretty useless! They could have been more personally -_-

Erm I think its higher to be honest, Coventry have like 20 places for 250 interviews (if I remember correctly) and LJMU have 18 places for about the same amount of interviews... I know one thing, I would not like to be making the decisions on who to choose...
Reply 781
[QUOTE="jot92;35448810"]
Original post by ~Justin~
I really liked UWE. They only interviewed 100 people last year for 25 places so you had a 1:4 chance. /QUOTE]

1/4 huh, that's not too bad. i had an interview with UWE last year, and got a similar reply, let's see how this year goes.
Oh btw to you and the other person discussing this, some interviews are out, mine is on the 4th Jan, and a couple others at my Oxford Brookes interview also had interview dates for UWE.

Whens your interview for UWE? :smile: Where else have you had interviews and where have you applied to etc?

Erm I think its higher to be honest, Coventry have like 20 places for 250 interviews (if I remember correctly) and LJMU have 18 places for about the same amount of interviews... I know one thing, I would not like to be making the decisions on who to choose...

Eurgh it's going to be tough.
Reply 782
Original post by jot92
only had Oxford Brookes so far.
got UWE - 4th Jan
Greenwich Avery Hill - 18th Jan
Greenwich Medway - 17th Feb? (or something like that)
Had CCCU fitness today, which i passed so hopefully i'll receive a interview date shortly.

you?

Sounds good to me, well done :smile:

I have
Swansea - 16th Jan
Worcester - 8th Feb
Coventry - 7th Feb
Reply 783
oh cool :smile: goodluck :smile:
think you're ready for all of them? - not being arrogant, but i've noticed that different uni's like to focus on sque ball questions which can be obscure.
Reply 784
Original post by jot92
oh cool :smile: goodluck :smile:
think you're ready for all of them? - not being arrogant, but i've noticed that different uni's like to focus on sque ball questions which can be obscure.

Well i'm doing preparation each night alongside studying for my A2 Jan exams :|

Sorry but what do you mean by sque ball questions?
Reply 785
ah right, join the club haha :smile: thank god for me i only have 3 january exams :P
erm like they'll make very specific questions about local activity. So you've gotten make sure you know your facts and recent activity for their Ambulance Service, and their areas they cover within the zone... rather than using generic national facts like Cat A 1/10 - Whilst in Oxford it's 2/100 etc
Reply 786

Which means you really have to prepare well, and make yourself stand out :smile:

For what it's worth, UCLan received approximately 1600 applications for 16 places (for Sept 2011 entry). It's tough, but don't give up if this is really what you want to do.
Reply 787
Original post by jot92
ah right, join the club haha :smile: thank god for me i only have 3 january exams :P
erm like they'll make very specific questions about local activity. So you've gotten make sure you know your facts and recent activity for their Ambulance Service, and their areas they cover within the zone... rather than using generic national facts like Cat A 1/10 - Whilst in Oxford it's 2/100 etc

Oh right yes, I see what you mean!

What A Levels are you studying?
Reply 788
geography
history
philosophy
General studies
BTEC national

and also doing the AQA Bacc (counts as an AS)
Original post by Alex27
Anybody else receive an interview date for Bournemouth today?

Ive got an interview with Bournemouth on the 18th January that came through today. Bournemouths my first choice so was so pleased to hear from them before christmas. Got interview with Portsmouth in March and had a fitness test with Canterberry today. Still waiting to hear back from UWE and plymouth.
Reply 790
Original post by jot92
geography
history
philosophy
General studies
BTEC national

and also doing the AQA Bacc (counts as an AS)

Sounds good to me :-)
Didn't Oxford Brookes want a Science?
Reply 791
BTEC counts :wink:
Reply 792
Original post by lifesdreamer
Ive got an interview with Bournemouth on the 18th January that came through today. Bournemouths my first choice so was so pleased to hear from them before christmas. Got interview with Portsmouth in March and had a fitness test with Canterberry today. Still waiting to hear back from UWE and plymouth.

I haven't been to Bournemouth uni yet so I don't really know what to expect, but I've heard lots good things about the campus and course. My interview is on the 19th of Jan. When did you apply to UWE and have you had a biographical questionnaire yet?
Reply 793
I sent my UCAS off mid September, got my Biographical questionnaire in November, and then received an interview on the 7th December.
Reply 794
Original post by jot92
I sent my UCAS off mid September, got my Biographical questionnaire in November, and then received an interview on the 7th December.

Oh I shouldn't be too far behind you then..
I applied on the 20th Oct, Sent my Bio Q back on the 22nd Nov. They've had a whole Month. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day! In my dreamssss!!!!
Reply 795
Received an email today telling me I've been successful at interview at Brighton and been asked to attend a fitness test, pass that and I'll have an offer! Im delighted! :biggrin: Anyone else heard back...
Reply 796
@hhh123 yer hopefully :smile:

@stid123 that's fantastic! the fitness test is a breeze btw, i did one today for Christchurch. I think they're both within SECAMB, if so they're the same tests.
Reply 797
Original post by jot92
@hhh123 yer hopefully :smile:

@stid123 that's fantastic! the fitness test is a breeze btw, i did one today for Christchurch. I think they're both within SECAMB, if so they're the same tests.

How is the grip test? Thats the only thing I've been unable to try! The rest seems fine!
Reply 798
Original post by stid123
Received an email today telling me I've been successful at interview at Brighton and been asked to attend a fitness test, pass that and I'll have an offer! Im delighted! :biggrin: Anyone else heard back...

Wow well done!! i was on the same interview day as you.. Really hope i get an email soon :s-smilie: the waits horrible!
Reply 799
the grip test is quite easy. Your marker is 30kg, and me a 63kg guy did 47kg, so it shouldn't be any problem for you

Latest

Trending

Trending