The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by jot92
I was told at the Oxford Brookes lecturers on the open day that technically they shouldn't ask, but they wanted to know where else i had applied to.
So i guess they can ask, and if you're ignorant or trusting then you'd seamlessly tell them, but technically they shouldn't ask?

Technically no they shouldn't, but I took it as a good thing they asked. Maybe it shows they're keen to offer me a place and are seeing what their competition is. That's probably just wishful thinking though.. :/
Reply 981
Original post by Alex27
Technically no they shouldn't, but I took it as a good thing they asked. Maybe it shows they're keen to offer me a place and are seeing what their competition is. That's probably just wishful thinking though.. :/

yer it can't be a bad thing, after all it indicates passion and determination if you've applied exclusively for Paramedic courses.
Original post by jot92
By the way the universities don't know what other courses you've applied for, or the other universities you've applied for, as it's confidential with you and UCAS.

I was told by Uclan and also LJM at a university convention i went to that they know what other courses you've applied for at that university (not other unis) so if i apply for both nursing and paramedic at one uni, as a back up, they would question it...

Just what i was told....
Reply 983
Original post by starsteph1993
I was told by Uclan and also LJM at a university convention i went to that they know what other courses you've applied for at that university (not other unis) so if i apply for both nursing and paramedic at one uni, as a back up, they would question it...

Just what i was told....

fair enough, it's curious that we've been told conflicting stories.
Apologies if i seemed arrogant, i was only trying to help.
Original post by stid123
But we've already been successful at interview and therefore been invited to a fitness test. I believe if we pass the fitness test we have places. I had a phone call before my interview explaining the way theyve changed the format and that only people being offered places will be asked to attend a fitness test, after interviews.

Sorry, I read somewhere else about the interview was afterwards. I would guess so then that you would be offered a place? Unless more people pass the fitness test then places available? Drop a e-mail to the University! :smile:
Reply 985
Original post by Dan9878
I meant when did you apply to Brighton - sorry.

I've applied to Surrey, Brighton, Plymouth, Greenwich, and St Georges. Swansea aswell but that is not through UCAS. Just waiting to to hear from Brighton and St Georges. I really want a interview from Brighton, not bothered if i get rejected by Georges.

Ohh ok, I applied on December 6th. I spoke to Brighton yesterday and they said they're in the process of finalising another day for interviews, so don't count them out yet.

Original post by Nikki7
Heyy..i have an interview at herts on 25th too! :smile: ..scaared!..but i to havent heard anything from them either :frown: heard anything yet?..reassuring to hear its not as bad as interviews at other places though!

Mine's at 12:45, when's yours? Do you have to travel far? Might see you there! I got my information through this morning, but I can't seem to open the interview document... I'm sure yours will come soon.
Reply 986
Original post by Ruth01
Ohh ok, I applied on December 6th. I spoke to Brighton yesterday and they said they're in the process of finalising another day for interviews, so don't count them out yet.

Mine's at 12:45, when's yours? Do you have to travel far? Might see you there! I got my information through this morning, but I can't seem to open the interview document... I'm sure yours will come soon.

Thanks, I applied back in October though...

You have to make sure you typed the web address 100% right otherwise the document won't come up.
Reply 987
Original post by Ruth01
Ohh ok, I applied on December 6th. I spoke to Brighton yesterday and they said they're in the process of finalising another day for interviews, so don't count them out yet

How did you hear about your interview at Brighton, and is it the 25th Jan?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 988
Original post by Dan9878
Thanks, I applied back in October though...

You have to make sure you typed the web address 100% right otherwise the document won't come up.

You could always give them a call? I wouldn't give up hope just yet though, Brighton aren't the best at getting back to people quickly
Reply 989
Original post by cowboy30
How did you hear about your interview at Brighton, and is it the 25th Jan?

They emailed me yesterday. Yeah, it's supposed to be Jan 25th but I've already accepted an interview at Herts on that day! I'm trying to get Brighton to rearrange it for me, which is how I found about the next interview day.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 990
Original post by Ruth01
They emailed me yesterday. Yeah, it's supposed to be Jan 25th but I've already accepted an interview at Herts on that day! I'm trying to get Brighton to rearrange it for me, which is how I found about the next interview day.

Yeah i've got an interview for the 25th as well but i have an exam that day so i need to rearrange the date. I've sent an email but i think i'm going to have to ring them about it as i haven't heard anything back :/

Have you got any other interviews ?

Btw if you need some help/ hints for the Herts interview just ask as i had that a couple of days ago :smile:
Reply 991
Hey everyone,

I just wondered if anyone on here has done the fitness test at Canterbury for Paramedic Science? My sister did it yesterday and she passed all elements except the lifting test in which she was asked to lift 100kg and she could only (I say only, I think it's still pretty good!) lift 90kg.

If you don't get through the fitness test I don't think you get an interview but I just wondered if anyone knew if she might still get an interview as it's not like she couldn't lift anything at all! And she is fit, she's just not a weight-lifter! hehe!

Any info would be great as she's pretty upset :frown:

Thanks!

Tash :smile:
Reply 992
Original post by jndk109
Yeah i've got an interview for the 25th as well but i have an exam that day so i need to rearrange the date. I've sent an email but i think i'm going to have to ring them about it as i haven't heard anything back :/

Have you got any other interviews ?

Btw if you need some help/ hints for the Herts interview just ask as i had that a couple of days ago :smile:

I've only got Herts and Brighton so far, really hoping for one at Northampton! What about you?

And yeah, call Brighton, I didn't bother emailing just went straight to calling. (you have to call on a monday, thursday or friday)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 993
Original post by Tash1675
Hey everyone,

I just wondered if anyone on here has done the fitness test at Canterbury for Paramedic Science? My sister did it yesterday and she passed all elements except the lifting test in which she was asked to lift 100kg and she could only (I say only, I think it's still pretty good!) lift 90kg.

If you don't get through the fitness test I don't think you get an interview but I just wondered if anyone knew if she might still get an interview as it's not like she couldn't lift anything at all! And she is fit, she's just not a weight-lifter! hehe!

Any info would be great as she's pretty upset :frown:

Thanks!

Tash :smile:

I assume the fitness test was conducted in the SECamb headquarters Banstead? You realise you don't have to lift 100kg, but its a back pull of 100kg. Anyway I think normally you wouldn't get an interview but if she does get rejected what harm is there in asking to retake that part of the test as she was so close...

Someone on here posted that they had an injury, and failed part of the test, apparently they can retake that part of the test as they had a Doctors note. What was the reason she failed the test was she injured or just couldn't manage it?
Reply 994
Original post by Dan9878
I assume the fitness test was conducted in the SECamb headquarters Banstead? You realise you don't have to lift 100kg, but its a back pull of 100kg. Anyway I think normally you wouldn't get an interview but if she does get rejected what harm is there in asking to retake that part of the test as she was so close...

Someone on here posted that they had an injury, and failed part of the test, apparently they can retake that part of the test as they had a Doctors note. What was the reason she failed the test was she injured or just couldn't manage it?

Ah, yes that's right; it was at Banstead. Thank you for your reply. She just couldn't manage it. I think she's done that weight before but it was a different type of equipment.
I will tell her to ask them about retaking that part a she was really close. It's so annoying and such a shame as she is fit!
Reply 995
Original post by Tash1675
Ah, yes that's right; it was at Banstead. Thank you for your reply. She just couldn't manage it. I think she's done that weight before but it was a different type of equipment.
I will tell her to ask them about retaking that part a she was really close. It's so annoying and such a shame as she is fit!

I just had at a look at the SECamb sheet I have and it says ' a candidate has to pass all elements of the fitness test to progress'

Has your sister applied to Greenwich/ Surrey / Brighton because they have the same fitness test.
Reply 996
Yeah I saw that on the sheet I just wondered whether 'pass' meant 100% on each element although I think I am clutching at straws.

She applied to Greenwich out of those but was declined.
Reply 997
I just got rejected from Brighton :frown: so upset! It was my top choice :frown:
I've applied to Sheffield Hallam, UCLAN, Northampton, Liverpool John Moore and Edge Hill. Only heard back from Northampton, which i've an interview next month. They got back to me in less than a month and I sent my application at the end of November. If only all the others were a bit quicker with replying...I'm starting to get paranoid lol and check UCAS track about four times a day -,- hopefully come deadline day things will start happening. Anyone applied to Liverpool John Moore and been requested to supply driving license info?apparently I met their "entry requirements" but still not heard from them and it's been over a month. I guess no news is good news.
Reply 999
Original post by Ruth01
I've only got Herts and Brighton so far, really hoping for one at Northampton! What about you?

And yeah, call Brighton, I didn't bother emailing just went straight to calling. (you have to call on a monday, thursday or friday)

I would LOVE to know anything about the Herts interview!

I've got other interviews for Brighton and Greenwich:smile:

Okay thanks, I kind of knew that i'd have to ring them anyway seen as the email came back with an automated email saying how busy they where :P

You can private message me about the Hets interview if you want ! all i'll say on here is everyone who's got an interview for them has no need to worry, the questions were very simple and they were soooo friendly :biggrin:

Latest