The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Dan9878
Nope have you?

No it has all been quiet..so I have got my fingers crossed that no news is good news :smile:
Reply 1581
Original post by Oddhands
No it has all been quiet..so I have got my fingers crossed that no news is good news :smile:

Absolutely, apparently someone has an offer already but they said it would be april ish till we heard back. Do you know how many rejections have been made?
Reply 1582
has anyone heard from Hertfordshire post interview ?
Reply 1583
Original post by Beki101
I applied to LJMU and SHU but was rejected from these two. Had an interview at Staffs and then just waiting to hear from the outcome and the other 2. :smile:

Good luck! Are you still in college atm? Or you older? What have you done for experience?
Original post by zippyRN
depends if and when they are recruiting and if you are prepared to relocate to the Division/ CBU recruiting

Then there's the usual issues with service based learning that unless the path to paramedic is planned out and subject to 'up or out' which is enforced it can take years to get onto a course - as was seen in various of the English services in the past 10 -15 years where people were recruited as trainee Paramedics went on the road as techs but as long as they were willing to undertake a para course the 'up or out' clause was never enforced ( as it would also deprive the service of QATs)

So basically Im screwed as its not guaranteed that I get in?
Thanks for all your help by the way
Reply 1585
Original post by cowboy30
I had the same email. I contacted them today because I have already passed the fitness test for University of Surrey, they told me that I can skip repeating the test and qualify to go straight through to interview on the 29th. Have you already passed a fitness test with SECAmb on this application cycle?

Unfortunately not, at least I know it's not just me they're doing this to though! See you on the 29th if I pass

Original post by jndk109

No... nothing, mine was on the 25th. I'm not sure if it's good or bad, I think they said the definite yes people would be told pretty quickly and they'd hold onto the maybe people. But they also said the admissions tutor was on holiday for the next few weeks...
Reply 1586
Original post by HelenaJ
Good luck! Are you still in college atm? Or you older? What have you done for experience?

I'm in my third year at college, didn't get in last year so went back for a 6 month course. I'm 18 - 19 later this year. And I've been in the Red Cross for a couple of years and got to ambulance crew level. Also done work experience in a neurodisability centre and volunteer is a care home. What about you? and Hope you hear soon and good luck! :smile:
Reply 1587
Original post by Ruth01
Unfortunately not, at least I know it's not just me they're doing this to though! See you on the 29th if I pass

No... nothing, mine was on the 25th. I'm not sure if it's good or bad, I think they said the definite yes people would be told pretty quickly and they'd hold onto the maybe people. But they also said the admissions tutor was on holiday for the next few weeks...

Yeah i had mine on the 13th of Jan, and i've still not heard anything even though she said to me (Laurie Williams) that i'll hear very soon and rubbed my back :L Yep but Laurie's back now she came back on Monday
Reply 1588
Original post by Beki101
I'm in my third year at college, didn't get in last year so went back for a 6 month course. I'm 18 - 19 later this year. And I've been in the Red Cross for a couple of years and got to ambulance crew level. Also done work experience in a neurodisability centre and volunteer is a care home. What about you? and Hope you hear soon and good luck! :smile:

I am in my second year at college 17 - 18 in July. This is the first time I have applied and I am so worried. I have worked in primary schools, nursery's, nursing homes, charity shops and I did volunteer work in Spain last summer. Thankyouu! You too! :smile:
Reply 1589
Original post by jndk109
Yeah i had mine on the 13th of Jan, and i've still not heard anything even though she said to me (Laurie Williams) that i'll hear very soon and rubbed my back :L Yep but Laurie's back now she came back on Monday

Oh ok I didn't realise she was back yet... not giving up hope until I've been rejected though!
Reply 1590
Original post by Ruth01
Oh ok I didn't realise she was back yet... not giving up hope until I've been rejected though!

Yeah I wouldn't worry, although i am :L But then i hate waiting....
I just hope i get an offer it's my first choice.

Aren't you the person i gave some tips ? I never asked how'd the interview go ? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1591
Original post by jndk109
Yeah I wouldn't worry, although i am :L But then i hate waiting....
I just hope i get an offer it's my first choice.

Aren't you the person i gave some tips ? I never asked how'd the interview go ? :smile:

Yeah that was me! I think it was ok, it was very relaxed and friendly, but I don't know... it's hard to judge.

I'm getting worried too, it's also my first choice
Reply 1592
Original post by Ruth01
Yeah that was me! I think it was ok, it was very relaxed and friendly, but I don't know... it's hard to judge.

I'm getting worried too, it's also my first choice

Yeah well fingers crossed we both get in :smile:
Reply 1593
Original post by cowboy30
Just looked on BCU website, they are now saying that course fees are £7500 per year, originally it said that the fees were paid by the SHA/Ambulance Trust. That's crap!

I dont think they really know what their doing im afraid. They didnt have a clue or know what was going on at the open day last year as well. i dont think the HPC has given them registration yet. Is this your first choice....have you visited? afraid to say i really disliked the place and some of the people. Accomidation is mostly 11 people per flat which is ridiculous. Where else have you applied- any luck?
This is a typically girly question to ask, but what do I wear to an interview ?
Just wondering what they'll be expecting of me and also anyone who's already had an interview at Northampton, what kinda questions did they ask, and were they nice ? :tongue:
xx
Reply 1595
Original post by jndk109

Hiya, a couple of us that had interviews in november have had offers and things, but im not sure about anyone thats had interviews after that. :smile:
Original post by rachel3
i applied like a week before deadline to sheffield, edge hill, uclan, lpool and herts... still not heard anything back, still obsessively checking my emails and ucas lol!! let me know if you hear anything x

I've got an interview at Northampton ! :smile:
But nothing else yet !
How about you ?
x
Reply 1597
Original post by llamble
Hiya, a couple of us that had interviews in november have had offers and things, but im not sure about anyone thats had interviews after that. :smile:

Ah okay fingers crossed then.
Reply 1598
I have just heard from liver john moores last night, they have sent me a invitation so does that mean on the date they have given me i will be doing a fitness test then if i pass that will i be given i different date for an interview? i am so confused :s-smilie:
Reply 1599
Has anyone had an interview at Worcester? If so, do you guys roughly know how many applicants don't make it into the afternoon part of the selection day?

Latest