The Student Room Group

Linguistics Applicants 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by danrw4
interview from oxford for linguistics and beginners italian!!!!!!! :biggrin: feeling on top of the world!

Congratulations! :smile:

When is it? Maybe I should add a mini-list for Oxford applicants as well... even if there are only two or three of you posting on this thread :tongue:
Reply 381
Original post by prettified
Congratulations! :smile:

When is it? Maybe I should add a mini-list for Oxford applicants as well... even if there are only two or three of you posting on this thread :tongue:

8th-10th December :smile:
Reply 382
Original post by Farah-Lou
no? i got my offer last week and wasn't asked to write about this.... :confused::confused:

well that's probably cause you've already got the grades to go on the course already...
Reply 383
Original post by anna258
well that's probably cause you've already got the grades to go on the course already...

I havent though, i'm still doing A2 :smile:
Offer from Leeds! :smile:
Reply 385
Original post by KeepItSecret
Offer from Leeds! :smile:

WOOOO! congrats! join the club :biggrin: :biggrin:

What's the offer btw :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 386
got the con-offer of Linguistics from UCL. But I know little about this course in UCL. :frown:
Reply 387
Original post by Cotton
got the con-offer of Linguistics from UCL. But I know little about this course in UCL. :frown:

SO jealous! :biggrin:
Reply 388
Just been invited to a visit day and interview at Southampton :smile: The train links are awful though, so I'm not looking forward to driving for three hours each way :P
Reply 389
Original post by Cotton

WOW! congratulations! :biggrin:
what's your grade profile like because i dont think mines good enough to get in :frown: :s-smilie:
Reply 390

WOW! congratulations! :biggrin:
what's your grade profile like because i dont think mines good enough to get in :frown: :s-smilie:

hey don't worry! Are you a UK student or overseas? Because I'm an international student, so i'm not sure if my profile can be a reference. Anyway, I got 88.5% and ranked 5% in my faculty. and I once worked as a language teacher in Thailand for only 5 months. that's all I got. nothing special. I think you will get your offer sooner or later :biggrin: GOOD LUCK!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 391
Original post by Cotton
hey don't worry! Are you a UK student or overseas? Because I'm an international student, so i'm not sure if my profile can be a reference. Anyway, I got 88.5% and ranked 5% in my faculty. and I once worked as a language teacher in Thailand for only 5 months. that's all I got. nothing special. I think you will get your offer sooner or later :biggrin: GOOD LUCK!!

Congratulations! UCL has a fantastic reputation for Linguistics :smile:

I noticed that you applied for a postgraduate degree in Linguistics. If I may ask-- what are you studying at the moment? Why did you decide to go for a MA in Linguistics? I am very curious, sorry if I'm coming across as really nosy :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 392
Original post by Jessikat
Just been invited to a visit day and interview at Southampton :smile: The train links are awful though, so I'm not looking forward to driving for three hours each way :P

oooo good luck! let us know how it goes :biggrin:
letter from lancaster on friday saying "we're recommending you for a conditional place", wooopp, i think that's an offer haha
Reply 394
Original post by Shadow8230
letter from lancaster on friday saying "we're recommending you for a conditional place", wooopp, i think that's an offer haha

Wooo, congratulations! :smile:
Reply 395
UCL just e-mailed me asking for confirmation of my AS grades (i presume this is because i put 'pending' on UCAS for several modules)...
this sucks seeing as my AS grades were a massive fail.
Original post by prettified
Wooo, congratulations! :smile:

Thaanks :smile:
Ahh it's nearly the end of November! Which means UCL should be getting back to the questionnaire senders sometime soon :zomg:

Super nervous!
UCL just e-mailed me asking for confirmation of my AS grades (i presume this is because i put 'pending' on UCAS for several modules)...
this sucks seeing as my AS grades were a massive fail.

Ah I'm sure you'll be fine! Mine weren't brilliant, AABC, but I still got sent a questionnaire which (I think..) is a sign that they're considering me :smile: My GCSEs weren't too special either! What's your grade profile like? :smile:
Reply 399
I sent an email to the Linguistics admissions tutor at Newcastle about my qualifications, but he hasn't replied to me yet after 7 days. Ugh!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending