The Student Room Group

Linguistics Applicants 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Thanks Shadow8230 and Salsa034848 :smile:
To all of you who are still waiting, my only advice is have your mobile phone with you at all times! I know you probably already do, but I'm very grateful I had mine... I was having lots of SIM card and phone problems and was really lucky to be able to finally have a working phone for a couple hours before the phone call, so I know not to take that for granted :P
Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 581
OOh ooh good luck all you pool-ers! And congratulations to all those fished! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ellamelita
I'm still swimming too, it's so stressful!

Those stats aren't too bad - 10 people were fished from the pool last year for Linguistics (2 of them were mature though, for Wolfson), so there's definitely still hope! Three have been fished so far, right? What is it about being pooled that makes you frantically search out statistics?!

Well done to everyone who's got a place <3

It helps to pass the time I guess xP
Reply 583
day before UCL questionnaire is due in...
still don't understand half the words in it anddd i havent started! waheyyyy.
:bawling:
Reply 584
Original post by Farah-Lou
day before UCL questionnaire is due in...
still don't understand half the words in it anddd i havent started! waheyyyy.
:bawling:

Just have a bash at it! Everyone I met on the open day had different answers. We didn't agree on anything. :smile:
Reply 585
Original post by Jessikat
Just have a bash at it! Everyone I met on the open day had different answers. We didn't agree on anything. :smile:

lol i've got nothing to either agree or disagree on!!
literally got nothing. literally.

congrats on cambridge though! you must be over the moon!:biggrin:
Reply 586
lol i've got nothing to either agree or disagree on!!
literally got nothing. literally.

congrats on cambridge though! you must be over the moon!:biggrin:

Neither did I! I just wrote endlessly...

Spoiler

But yes! It doesn't seem real. And it won't do, till I drag myself through A2 and get an the grades ... If that's even possible for me anymore. :confused: I feel more retarded every day. :tongue:
Reply 587
Original post by Jessikat
Neither did I! I just wrote endlessly...

Spoiler

But yes! It doesn't seem real. And it won't do, till I drag myself through A2 and get an the grades ... If that's even possible for me anymore. :confused: I feel more retarded every day. :tongue:

eeeee loving the spoiler! i had already come up with that one! maybeee, i'm being too harsh on myself and overcomplicating it? LOL pleaseee tell me it's simpler than i think!

check you outtt cambridge girl! you'll get the grades, they have faith in youuu!
i'm proud :dancing:
Hey guys, thought I should let you know, I was fished from the Cambridge pool today! Jesus has given me a direct offer, I'm so happy :smile: Good luck to everybody still in the pool, there's still plenty of time, and to those already with offers - see you in October!
Reply 589
Original post by ellamelita
Hey guys, thought I should let you know, I was fished from the Cambridge pool today! Jesus has given me a direct offer, I'm so happy :smile: Good luck to everybody still in the pool, there's still plenty of time, and to those already with offers - see you in October!

aaaaah CONGRATULATIONS!! :smile::smile:
Reply 590
sent off my UCL questionnaire :crossedf:

can anyone tell me how long the wait may be? :biggrin:
nervousssssss!
Reply 591
Original post by Salsa034848
Hi Guys!
Still swimming in the pool - I've heard nothing yet!

So far, it seems that there have been 6 offers from Cambridge for Linguistics: one from Corpus Christi, two from Homerton, two from Pembroke and one from Newnham.
In addition, people have been pooled from - Peterhouse, King's, Clare and Emmanuel.
So that's 8 colleges pretty much full...
As you can tell this waiting has left me a little stressed xP How is everyone else doing?

who got newnham? could you quote them to me pleeease? :tongue:
Rejection from Clare College today.

Firming York for Linguistics/Philosophy. I'm so excited already, and it's only January!! :biggrin:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 593
Fished by Churchill College, Cambridge! It's by far the ugliest, but it's still Cambridge :smile: :smile: :smile: STOKED!!
Original post by Kobie
who got newnham? could you quote them to me pleeease? :tongue:

Her username is andrea_leila :P
Reply 595
Anybody going to the Leeds applicants day next wednesday? :biggrin:
Reply 596
:tumble:
Reply 597
:tumble:

hahah I know, I wanted to say something, but it was way too quiet!
Reply 598
Original post by iyley
hahah I know, I wanted to say something, but it was way too quiet!

i know right! where are all the linguists?!
i blame exams...
Reply 599
i know right! where are all the linguists?!
i blame exams...

I'M HEEERE :biggrin: I'm like the only person I know who had no exams this January. I only have 6 exams in the summer - two of which are General Studies. So I've been whiling away my time on Skyrim :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending