The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

URGENT

Hi I'm from sweden and I'm all confused about the grade options at UCAS. From what I remember I just posted a scanned copy of a signed grade-paper last year, but I guess it's all changed?

Anyway, I don't get ****...

For example, I choose my school(an upper secondary one). When I've done that I am able to choose "Add qualifications". This is where my brain stops functioning. Are one module equal to one grade? For example, I have 31 modules under "sweden fullständig slutbetyg gymnasiet", is this wrong?

Please help
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 781
Original post by cashmoneyorg
(click on pic)

I think these are the wrong qualifications - you need GCEs from 2008 option , not 2001. The last time you could take the AS exams from 2001 was in January 2010.
Reply 782
Do we have to put module names and grades in or just the overall grades? And is it the same for entering resits?
OMG, So you have to declare U's? :O

My life is over...
Original post by lakhvir.singh

Original post by lakhvir.singh
omg, so you have to declare u's? :redface:

my life is over...

are you serious?

.. And so is mine.
Reply 785
Original post by NishaaaR

are you serious?

.. And so is mine.

are you serious?

.. And so is mine.

Apparently you do from this year onwards,
but someone at your school will check your application before it sends, so don't worry. :smile:
Original post by eemooz

Original post by eemooz
Apparently you do from this year onwards,
but someone at your school will check your application before it sends, so don't worry. :smile:

Oh, alright... because I just got 1 U in Psychology (which i hated :P)

Thank you :] x
Original post by Data
I think these are the wrong qualifications - you need GCEs from 2008 option , not 2001. The last time you could take the AS exams from 2001 was in January 2010.

These are the only 2 options
GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001)
GCE Advanced Subsidiary: Double Award
Reply 788
Hurm.. so I'm just wondering on this one..

Say if you did your AS levels at one place, failed, then did them in another place and got amazing grades.
Then, you didn't declare those failed grades on UCAS and said something like, you took a year out between GCSEs and A levels for whatever reason.
Obviously, your current institution would check your UCAS but they'd only know what you've done since you've been there.

So can UCAS be cheated like that? :s-smilie:
Or can the universities get hold of your grades somehow to confirm everything?
Reply 789
Original post by Metz4
Hurm.. so I'm just wondering on this one..

Say if you did your AS levels at one place, failed, then did them in another place and got amazing grades.
Then, you didn't declare those failed grades on UCAS and said something like, you took a year out between GCSEs and A levels for whatever reason.
Obviously, your current institution would check your UCAS but they'd only know what you've done since you've been there.

So can UCAS be cheated like that? :s-smilie:
Or can the universities get hold of your grades somehow to confirm everything?
If you did that your application would be invalid and your unis could withdraw any offer they made you. By submitting your application to UCAS you are confirming that your application is complete and accurate - and omitting the details of your first run at ASs would not comply with that. Presumably your current school/college knows exactly where you came from and what you came with, otherwise how did you get a place there? So they will be expecting to see this information if you are applying through them.

As to the chances of it being found out, who cares? The point is, do you really want to start your adult life/career on the basis of a big fat lie? Really?

A story of a gap year between GCSE and A level would be unlikely to convince in any case. Better to be honest (but brief) in your PS about what it was that so improved your commitment to your studies and therefore your results.
How do you go about putting down a course that you never completed? Is this essential? The centre that I started a course at (But didn't finish due to hating it) isn't even listed.

Any advice guys? :smile:
Hi :smile:
I'm having a major panic at the moment - how do you need to declare your AS/A level grades on the UCAS form?
I was told you put the AS levels you didn't continue to A2, but leave the ones you continue as pending A2 levels.
E.g for me, I put;
AS - Maths and Crit think
A2 - Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Pending)
My head of sixth form went through it twice before telling me it was fine and she sent it to UCAS. However my friend just got her form sent back from the head of sixth form telling her to put all her AS levels, including the ones she continued to A2, as she did the same as me, if that makes any sense.
I'm rather worried and very confused - did I do it right, or have I made a massive mess of things?
Just this really.

I left halfway through to pursue A-Levels (Best decision I've ever made) and I'm now wondering if this is going to come back and metaphorically bite me on the bottom. :/

Does anyone know if you need to declare this? I was employed whilst I was being 'trained' btw (Paid a very small wage...) and it was an NVQ. Any help or advice would be gratefully received as I want to get my application sent off before Friday; the only thing stopping me is this.

Did you actually get a qualification from it?
Reply 794
Original post by SketchyStuff

How do you go about putting down a course that you never completed? Is this essential? The centre that I started a course at (But didn't finish due to hating it) isn't even listed.

you only declare qualifications - which means completed courses. But you will have to declare your time in education doing that course.
Reply 795
I'm applying to Maths/Econ related courses at the top universities such as LSE/Warwick/Nottingham etc, achieved AABB at AS and am predicted A*AA at A2. However my module grades weren't that great Maths+Further Maths was 4A's 2B's, Economics 1A 1B and Chemistry 1A 1C (which i dropped). So I was wondering whether it would be a good or bad idea to put module grades down on UCAS?
Reply 796

Yes. Use the 'my school/college is not listed' function and take it from there.
Original post by irisbutterfly
Hi :smile:
I'm having a major panic at the moment - how do you need to declare your AS/A level grades on the UCAS form?
I was told you put the AS levels you didn't continue to A2, but leave the ones you continue as pending A2 levels. If your AS grades were certificated (most likely) they must be entered as the AS is a stand alone qualification, even if you are continuing the subject to A2
E.g for me, I put;
AS - Maths and Crit think
A2 - Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Pending)
My head of sixth form went through it twice before telling me it was fine and she sent it to UCAS. However my friend just got her form sent back from the head of sixth form telling her to put all her AS levels, including the ones she continued to A2, as she did the same as me, if that makes any sense. This was correct advice.
I'm rather worried and very confused - did I do it right, or have I made a massive mess of things?
You haven't made a massive mess of things - your school has not given you great advice, but it won't be a problem. Simply drop an email to all your unis stating your AS grades, and your module grades, if you haven't already put them in when you entered your pending A2s.
I would consult your UCAS referee on this one. But top Universities normally ask for module grades.
I don't think it's relevant so I'd just leave it.
If you didn't get a qualification for it then there's no point putting it on UCAS.

Latest

Trending

Trending