The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oh globbits
In regards to the U grade confusion, I rang up UCAS on Friday and was told that I probably didn't need to enter my U grade as I did not receive a formal certificate for it, while for my other qualifications I did (I received them last year as they were for the June 2010 series).

That's just what I was told, it is clear from this thread that UCAS are a bit ambiguous on the whole matter. I'd advise ringing UCAS and telling them the circumstances surrounding your U grade, they should be able to give an answer.

EDIT: This was for my AS grades. I did not resit the U grade.

Thank you so much for this. Now I need to email my teacher and tell her to continue sending off my application instead of sending it back to me. Like a merry-go round :s-smilie:
Reply 981
Original post by Good bloke

I'm now wondering if that UCAS statement is there to cover people who have older qualifications from the period when A levels were still A levels, you could get O (for O level pass), N (for nearly passed) and F (for fail) grades, and there was No Hiding Place (both in education and on television).

OMG you're old :eek:

That is all :getmecoat:
Original post by Juno
OMG you're old :eek:

That is all :getmecoat:

I prefer to thing of it as approaching the prime of my life.
I'm taking Functional Skills IT in January 2012, what date to I put for it? The result is pending. But confused about the Date.
Reply 984
I prefer to thing of it as approaching the prime of my life.
PRSOM :mad:

:ditto:

Original post by DannyR2811
I'm taking Functional Skills IT in January 2012, what date to I put for it? The result is pending. But confused about the Date.
January 2012 will do fine.
Reply 985
Original post by Minerva

Original post by Minerva
PRSOM :mad:

You're too old to say such things :sadnod:
1) if I am resitting AS modules do i put the qualifications down twice? (current grade and pending)
2) do i put my advanced level qualifications overall grade as pending, with the unit grades and another qualification with the units im resitting as pending?
thanks
Could anybody help me with my UCAS form? I live in Latvia, and we have 10 point grade system, where 10 is maximum and 1 is minimum.
So what should I switch as a Module? We study 14 subjects, so I cannot include all of them. Or maybe I should include only Maths, Latvian and Informatics (I am going to take up exams only in these subjects)?
And what should I type in "Grade"? Should it be a mark from form 11 (we study 12 years) or a predicted mark?

Maybe here's someone from LV...
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm not too sure, ask your teachers for advice?
Oh, I've missed something. I can fill in more than 10 Modules, so I can type all of my subjects. But do I need to do it?
Reply 990
Include them all. I'm doing the Option Internationale du Baccalaureat (OIB) and I had 13 modules.
Reply 991
Zdravej : ) !

What some people do around here is the following:

Enter the date of qualification 2012
Enter all subjects with the average grade that would be on the diploma (year 2011)

I'm still wondering how to enter my grades though, i'm not sure whether this method is the right one.
Original post by nedyalkova
Oh, I've missed something. I can fill in more than 10 Modules, so I can type all of my subjects. But do I need to do it?

Yes, you fill in all the Modules with your subjects and their year-end grades (Pending if you graduate this year, what you got otherwise), as this is what your predictions will be based on (e.g. they will ask for an average of 8). You can probably add the year-end exams as well but they are not as important as the grades since, as you probably know, they are not too difficult or indicative of high-level ability.
Original post by 3PL

Enter all subjects with the average grade that would be on the diploma (year 2011)

I'm still wondering how to enter my grades though, i'm not sure whether this method is the right one.

What do you mean by the average grade? I don't think you need to enter any averages - simply include all the separate subjects with their grades. Obviously select 'Pending' with your referee entering the prediction if you haven't finished school yet, otherwise put in the actual grade.
Original post by 3PL
Zdravej : ) !

What some people do around here is the following:

Blagodarq!))
Original post by logiadoevus
Yes, you fill in all the Modules with your subjects and their year-end grades (Pending if you graduate this year, what you got otherwise), as this is what your predictions will be based on (e.g. they will ask for an average of 8). You can probably add the year-end exams as well but they are not as important as the grades since, as you probably know, they are not too difficult or indicative of high-level ability.

Well, I've tried to do something.. I have typed in all my grades for the last school year and then I put Qualification Date - July 2012. When I was trying to save all this stuff, I got a message that I filled my future marks, which is incorrect.
Well, I've tried to do something.. I have typed in all my grades for the last school year and then I put Qualification Date - July 2012. When I was trying to save all this stuff, I got a message that I filled my future marks, which is incorrect.

I assume you are finishing school in 2012, therefore, correctly, qualification date is July 2012. As a result, you cannot have the final grades - which is what UCAS is telling you in the message.

On UCAS you don't put in grades from last year, you enter your final grades. Since you don't have them yet (as you finish in 2012), predicted grades will have to be entered, which is done by your referee when they enter your reference. You have to thus, instead of entering 7 or 8 or whatever, select the grade as 'Pending' for each subject you enter.
(edited 12 years ago)
I assume you are finishing school in 2012, therefore, correctly, qualification date is July 2012. As a result, you cannot have the final grades - which is what UCAS is telling you in the message.

On UCAS you don't put in grades from last year, you enter your final grades. Since you don't have them yet (as you finish in 2012), predicted grades will have to be entered, which is done by your referee when they enter your reference. You have to thus, instead of entering 7 or 8 or whatever, select the grade as 'Pending' for each subject you enter.

Aah, thank you!
Do you know if there is a special form for my referee's predicted marks or should my referee mention all of them in the reference letter?
Aah, thank you!
Do you know if there is a special form for my referee's predicted marks or should my referee mention all of them in the reference letter?

When the referee gets the link from you, the UCAS page they will be taken to will allow them to enter reference.

You enter the predicted grades yourself.

EDIT: I was wrong - corrected so no-one tries using the incorrect advice! :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
When the referee gets the link from you, the UCAS page they will be taken to will allow them to enter reference and enter predicted grades for all the subjects you've put as 'Pending'.

Thank you so much! It's a really important moment now, and our teachers don't know how to work with this form and even how to write a reference letter..
So, your advice is really useful!

Latest

Trending

Trending