The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BigBlackDog

Original post by BigBlackDog
Anyone got an offer for Mathematics with Statistics for Finance?

No1 will answer u, coz think they havent started sending offers 4 stats and finance yet. I tried to find out if there r any offers but no1 answered me so far. I asked every1 about 2, then 1 week ago and no replies, then the best thing to do is to w8.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Plutoegg
I have an unconditional offer from Imperial for Mech Eng to start in October, but I want to study Information Systems Engineering ( in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department). Does anyone have any advice for me?

Would they take my offer away if I call up and ask to switch to a different department? I think Mech Eng is the most competitive course, so hopefully they will allow me to switch?

:eek: mech eng!!! (well done)(still waiting:frown:) when did you send UCAS?? and uncon!!!
Reply 1982
Original post by Plutoegg
I have an unconditional offer from Imperial for Mech Eng to start in October, but I want to study Information Systems Engineering ( in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department). Does anyone have any advice for me?

Would they take my offer away if I call up and ask to switch to a different department? I think Mech Eng is the most competitive course, so hopefully they will allow me to switch?

First of all, they can't take away your offer. There is only a limited set of circumstances that could happen in, and most include you murdering someone.

Ahhh. So let's see.. Mech Eng is the most competitive, therefore EEE is inferior, so EEE would gladly take your arrogant ass in? And FYI whilst being ever so slightly more competitive than EEE (0.5 person more per place), it is no where near the most competitive course. Not by miles.

Call them up and talk to them. Also call up the EEE Dept. It can't hurt.
Reply 1983
what's the most competitive course?
Reply 1984
Original post by coffee?

Out of engineering - Aero. Altogether? No clue.. Probably something with maths in the title, but don't quote me on this.
Original post by coffee?

Original post by Xarren
Out of engineering - Aero. Altogether? No clue.. Probably something with maths in the title, but don't quote me on this.

Based on pure applicants: place ratio, aero and civ eng are highest with 8.2:1

Med is next at 7.6:1 and Maths is third at 7.1:1
(edited 12 years ago)
If any one gets an offer or sadly a rejection, for aero, pm me, im not bothered to refresh trak all the time!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1987
Original post by coffee?

Civil
Original post by iluvmaths
If any one gets an offer or sadly a rejection, pm me, im not bothered to refresh trak all the time!

For aero that is
Original post by coffee?

:eek: Dude! You copied one of my best friends' sigs from TSR :eek:
Oh hell noez you didn't!
Reply 1990
who's the friend?
Original post by coffee?
who's the friend?

He's on TSR and a good friend of mine irl :tongue: And you should know coz you blatantly nicked his sig... (That little clue should suffice :wink: )
Reply 1992
right, isn't he a third year student? i thought you were talking about one of your chums in this thread
Got an offer for civl engineering today, SOOOO happy!!! :biggrin:
Has anyone had an offer for Aeronautical engineering yet???
Reply 1995
Original post by CKEY
Dont worry about it I got offered a place for it last year and i wasnt called for an interview till january...and i wasnt sent the notification til late december...good luck x

hey..also applied for chem eng....jus wondering how your interview was?
Reply 1996
Original post by astaraeal
Anyone had an offer for Physics yet? I had an interview in the last week of October and still haven't heard anything, although I was told I would hear back in 3-5 weeks...

haven't even got an interview yet...........:frown:
Original post by Jian_Earle
Has anyone had an offer for Aeronautical engineering yet???

Not me, still waiting on new, had my interview last week and they said itll take a week to get a reply. What about u?
Does anyone know when the mech eng give the majority of applicants interviews? Submitted my app in early october and I have heard nothing from them yet
Original post by coffee?
right, isn't he a third year student? i thought you were talking about one of your chums in this thread

Yeah he is a 3rd year student and my bfffffffffffff :tongue: How do you know him btw? Are you mates with him? (If you aren't I suggest you not steal his sig) Nah, I don't have chums on this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending