The Student Room Group

The gap year and reapplying questions thread

Super Duper Guide to Re-Applying

If you’re reading this post it’s either because you’re sure about re-applying or not so sure about re-applying... This is a small little thread to try and aid and assist those that are applying for 2012 entry, having previously applied to university.

There’ll be several reasons why you’re here:
- University wasn’t for you this year
- You want to take an awesome gap year, even if that means doing nothing
- You didn’t do so well on August 18th (or 4th if you’re Scottish)
- The universities/courses you originally applied for are not for you and you’ve recently found a love for Nothing Studies at The University of The Outer Hebrides.

There will be plenty more reasons why, but these tend to be the main ones that have appeared on this thread. The main reason for this little guide was to answer some of the frequently asked questions, but it’s more than a FAQ...

Grades and Resitting Sixth Form/College/A-Levels/Highers etc...

I didn’t get the grades I needed for my firm, I don’t know what to do!
If you’re reading this now you’ve most probably rejected your insurance and/or didn’t get in and are stuck with what you should do next. You have several options initially:

a) Look at clearing vacancies on UCAS for 2011 entry. You can apply through clearing for entry in 2011 until 24th October, however be warned that there are very very few places left. The chances of you getting the course you want at the university you want are very slim. 2011 was an extremely competitive year and not many places were available through clearing, but you can always look and see! If you are looking after 30th September, you will need to contact universities directly to see if they still have vacancies.

b) Do what needs to be done this year and re-apply for 2012 entry. You can either reapply with the grades you have, or resit them in your gap year to try to improve upon them. I won’t go into detail here with regards to the questions you’re now probably thinking “How do I get my History grade to an A!”, “How do I apply?”, “WHAT ABOUT THE FEES!!!” I’ll be covering most of it in this post in the related sections.

I was one mark off of my grades, and they still didn’t let me in!
It’s happened to a lot of us and this year in particular leniency was no option for universities. It might seem like the unfairest thing in the entire world but if you’ve gone through what you can (e.g. requested a remark) then there’s nothing you can do but keep your chin up, head clear and start thinking of what you want and need to do next. Taking an unplanned gap year won't be the end of the world and may actually turn out to be a good thing.

I’m thinking of going back to college, what should I do?
It is somewhat late to now just be thinking about colleges, however it isn’t all doom and gloom. There are still ample chances for you to go back to education. The first thing you need to do is call your college or institution of education and tell them your situation and what it is you want to do. In most cases you’ll either want to retake a couple of A-Levels you didn’t do all to well in or maybe just an exam. Tell them everything so they know exactly how to handle you. If there’s a point blank “No sorry” then ask for a meeting with your previous senior member e.g. Head of Year/Senior Tutor. Even if their answer is “No sorry” you can always ask them for advise on what to do instead. First things first, CALL THEM!

My college said that they’re not accepting third years, but I really need to resit my A-Level(s).
You can always ask your college if you can be an external candidate. This is where you JUST take the exam in January, rather than attending classes as well. No lessons or horrible assemblies, just the exam. If your college doesn’t accept third years, CALL OTHER COLLEGES, SCHOOLS AND LEARNING CENTRES IN YOUR AREA.

But won’t that be hard? I need some extra teaching.
There’s always tutors. Normally costing from £15-£25 per hour, they can be a great help. Whilst that may seem like quite a bit of money. Think of £25 per week, you’ll get full one-on-one attention from a skilled professional and it’ll help you with getting into your desired university. You can’t put a price on what makes you happy! You can also ask your school if it’d be possible to arrange any help with your previous teachers, I’m not sure of how much of a long shot it may or may not be but there’s no harm in asking!

As for how hard it is, it just depends entirely on your motivation, determination and hard work. You will probably be required to do a lot more work than those studying in college and independent work, if you’re lazy like me, is a bit of a struggle. However, just think of how disappointed you were this August and how much you want to get wasted/enjoy the educational qualities of university.

I received quite low grades, but I know with a lot of hard work I can get much higher ones. Should I bother applying to higher entry universities?
For this you have to ask yourself, "Can I get these grades?", "Am I being realistic?", "Did I try my best this year?" If the answers are yes, yes, no then go to your teachers and tutors and ask them what their HONEST opinion is of you achieving these grades. Predicted grades are what help you get into university, they’re a gamble for universities so you’ll need some evidence (e.g. AS grades) and/or a cracking reference who believes in you wholeheartedly. Be very realistic with courses, e.g. If you achieved DDE last year and your AS grades were similar and you are hoping to apply for an AAA required course then maybe you should think it through. Even if you KNOW you can get it, universities need to see some evidence of this.

I’m scared to go back to college, I’ll be OLD!
Two words. Man Up.

It’s just sixth form, you can get help and guidance if you’re feeling a bit down or upset, or you’re being bullied. I am currently back in college and until I told someone in my AS class that I was 18, she thought I was the same age as her. She didn’t then throw holy water in my eyes and call me Satan, in fact it got us talking more. Be positive about this, it’s one year. Last year went extremely fast and I reckon this year will go a lot faster.

Hopefully those who are thinking of re-sitting or sorting out their grades have done so. If not, get on it straight away. After October half term and also Christmas, a lot of people drop out of college so that’s something to think about too. If you’re an external candidate or even in college and you need to pay for your resits for January exams you have until I THINK October 31st?. My advice is to get them in a lot sooner so you have a peace of mind.

UCAS 2012 and the Application Process

If you’re re-applying you most probably have done the application process before so I won’t go into detail with regards on how to do it. If you need to know, go on to UCAS Apply and it will tell you all you need to know. Still stuck? Ask on here or call UCAS up personally for some sound advice.

Am I allowed to apply for UCAS 2012?
Of course you are, unless you may have been black listed or something... What did you do?? UCAS do not reject previous applicants who want to apply again. The only thing you can't do is re-apply in 2012 while holding a deferred offer.

I am not applying through my college, what do I do?
Read the instructions carefully on your application. The only difference between applying through your college and independently is that you will have to arrange a reference yourself and enter predicted grades based on their advice. Ideally your reference needs to be academic, from someone who has taught you, so even if you're applying independently ask your school/a teacher you got on well with if they will provide you with a reference. The application process other than that is exactly the same.

I'm a private candidate, what do I enter on the 'Education' section of my form?
If you're a private candidate of a new institution or at your old institution you must enter this in differently than last year. You must add in a new school/college/learning centre option, even if you are back at your previous college as a private candidate. For example, If you went to TSR College (00000) from Sept 2009 - July 2011 and are back there JUST as an external candidate then you must add another TSR College (00000) but this time Jan 2012 - Mar 2012. The same applies to you if you choose a new institution however it'd be the other colleges name and details. I am not currently 100% certain as to what to tick in the 'Attendance' category, I will fill this in as soon as I know.

I don't know what to do when entering my grades. Help?
For those re-sitting, you must input ALL of your grades that you have obtained at college/sixth form and all of those that you will receive. This time you enter the A2 levels you received, even if they were bad, you have to put this down on your application. Enter all of the modules and the grades you received for these qualifications. Then you enter the current A levels that you may be doing and the dates you'll receive the grades, even if it is one module in the subject. You enter the module at grade pending and you enter the whole qualification as grade pending, just as you would last year. This way the universities know that you're resitting and what you're resitting meaning they can make a well informed judgement on your application.

It says to enter my Personal ID, I don’t want them to know all my details. What do I do?
When you enter your 2011 personal ID for the 2012 application it will transfer ONLY and I stress the world ONLY your personal details (name, date of birth, address). It will not touch your grades, your choices, your personal statement.. NOTHING. Just your personal details. Universities will only know that you’re a re-applicant because of the dates you obtained your grades and the dates of expected grades, unless you applied to the same university before and they've kept it on record.

Do universities look down on third years?
A university's view on resits varies considerably, some don't care at all, others may make a higher offer to those re-sitting over three years, and some will not accept resit students without extenuating circumstances. Look on the university's website for your specific course, and if you can't find the information there then either call or email admissions. Whilst one university may not be biased towards third years who want to study Psychology or Biology, they may be biased towards those wanting to study Medicine or Law. *Ask the specific UG admissions tutors for the departments. They are usually on the course profile.

Note that if you are taking a year out and reapplying with grades you already have, and did your A-levels in the normal two years, then taking a gap year will have absolutely no negative impact on your application (except for a subject like maths or physics where they like you to keep your maths skills sharp). A gap year can actually be seen as a positive in your application since you will have more life experience and perhaps be a little more mature.

My friend said that [Insert University Here] won’t accept me for [Insert Course Here]. What do I do?
See above. Never go off of rumours, get the facts for yourself.

I already have a Student Finance application that's been approved, what do I do?
You can call up Student Finance England if you need to cancel your 2011 application. There phone number is 0845 300 50 90. They're open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat-Sun 9am-5.30pm. Just give them a call and tell them that you're not going to university this year, and if necessary to make sure no wires are crossed mention that you're applying next year. They'll either cancel/withdraw it and you can apply again next year without it changing.

It is best to cancel it so they know what is going on, but just so you know, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T ENROL, THE MONEY WILL NOT BE PAID INTO YOUR ACCOUNT! You won't be getting a student loan this year unless you attend university, so you won't be losing a years worth of SF, nor can you spend that £3k on shoes.

I’ll be paying £9,000 next year. Is it worth it?
There’s this really handy post that helped me understand the £9k p.a. debt. Once you start earning over £21k the amount you borrowed will then start to come out of your account monthly. This money is something you never see and will never have had. It’s dependant on your income and in terms of the monthly repayments you'll actually be better off than those starting university this year, you'll just be paying it back for longer.

Ignore ALL the rumours you hear, you will be able to get a mortgage, loan etc. while already having a student loan. Rumours are always ridiculous and there to scare people, don’t listen to them.

Gap Year 2011

Taking a gap year, you have the option to go travelling or to get some work experience under your belt and earn a bit of cash for university. I can’t give much advice on this part as unfortunately I’m not a confident assured young gal who knows that she wants to live in the Australian bush for 6 months or anything, so what I can do here is refer you to the right places to get info. The majority of thread goers are those who are re-sitting and studying unfortunately, you’ll get more help in the Gap Year forum. Look around, ask questions and make friends. It’s a great forum to found out where you want to go, how you’re going to get there etc.

Remember to start your UCAS application BEFORE planning your awesome time off. If you’re a medicine/art applicant or an Oxbridge applicant you may want to hold off on the plans until you are aware of your interview date. You don’t want to find out you missed an offer because you were climbing Mount Everest and didn’t wait to hear a date! Plus the deadline (for non medicine/veterinary science/dentistry/Oxbridge applications is in January, remember that!

Emotions

This is just a mini disclaimer here. I am NOT a counsellor, I don’t have a degree or any experience in helping people with depression or strong emotional issues of the sort. These are just my simple points on certain feelings and questions, take heed of them and if you think that your feelings are too strong to go away on their own please seek professional help someone that can help you move on.

I’m feeling really depressed about not getting into my firm and/or insurance.
Firstly, do you feel that you are constantly depressed and no matter what you may read here, you’ll still be in a big slump? If yes, please go to the depression forum and look for advice on dealing with depression. If you’re just feeling a little upset and angry over your situation, the best advice I can give is that you must be positive and be active. There is no point sitting in your room, doing nothing as you throw darts at a picture of UCAS.

Doing nothing never does any good, you’re just prolonging the hurt and making it harder for yourself to move on. Start today, look for advice and ask as many question as you need to start getting a move on. Do you need to resit? Call your college (see above) Do you need to do something or you’ll go crazy? Take an awesome trip (see above) or get a job. There’s a lot you can do, you’re 18/19 and still a young buck with a lot of life left in you.

It sounds like the most annoying expression in the world and believe me I felt like punching anyone who said it when I was originally upset, but “Life isn’t over”. It’s just beginning, you just have to get over a couple more hurdles to get there.

If you need any more advice relating to your specific situation, feel free to ask for it :smile:

Why is life so unfair?
Simply, it just is. I’m not even going to go into the excuse that you have it better than a lot of third world kids, we all know that you and I both do. However, there is no shame in feeling angry at the world when something important in YOUR life doesn’t go to plan. If you’re calling the world unfair because your mum got you a cheeseburger and not a chicken burger from McDonalds then I’d surely hit you. But right now, how you’re feeling isn’t at all selfish, remember that if anyone tries to throw that at you. Relating to the original point, HOWEVER you do already have a lot of good in your life most probably and have the ability to fix these little problems and obstacles.. Think of that. You got over the various lows in your life, and you’re going to get over this one. We can’t all be happy 100% of the time.

I’m really stressed with sorting things out right now.
Whilst right now it is really important for you to start making decisions, there are deadlines and paperwork you’ll have to do etc etc. Make sure you take the time out to do the things you enjoy and relax for several hours of the day. Make this sorting out business a job, you have several hours to do it in and at 5pm you clock out and resume with your normal life. Don’t run yourself into the ground over this, it’ll make matters worse. I sound like an annoying adult here, but get some good hours of sleep. Don’t be on TSR or playing COD till 3am and waking up at 4pm the next day, get to bed at a reasonable hour even if you don’t have school as you’ll feel a lot better. Unless you’re nocturnal... Rest is a very good stress releiver, as is food, hanging out with friends, being with family (sometimes!). Find what you enjoy and do it!

People don’t understand my situation, they’re making me feel bad about my choices.
So many times I’ve heard this from people to myself and to others. First things first, it’s YOUR life and these are YOUR choices. They have NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with these other people. Your parents cut the cord almost 20 years ago, you started making educational decisions since you picked your GCSEs and it’s been your decision from then. Even if they picked them for you then, now is the time to tell them that it’s your life and what you want to do with it is your decision. Friends, Colleagues and Relatives will not understand unless they are equipped with knowledge, have an understanding or have been through this themselves so really don’t take into account much of what they say. It tends to be your middle aged uncled Tony who tells you bull-hickey such as “You can’t get a mortgage with those fees, you’ll be homeless!” and other who don’t know anything. Don’t listen to them or be swayed, your decision is final.

If you really want to do something, you won’t be swayed by what other people say. If you do and you’re seriously debating on doing something else then you either need to grow a backbone or the thing you wanted to do is actually not for you if it requires so much umming and aahing.

*Go to the Depression Society Thread for any further advice.

General Questions

How do I know what course is for me?
You should have some prior knowledge of what you want to do from last year, otherwise you can always try the Stamford Test. This test tries to match you up with various subjects you may work well in/enjoy based on your answers. This is not foolproof, its just a guideline! Start to look into things you may have enjoyed at GCSE, your extra curriculars and so on and see what you enjoyed the most. “I am quite good at maths but I really enjoyed psychology this year” Look into universities that allow you to do both, there’s joint honours, major/minor sytems, free choice modules. The possibilities are out there, you just have to do some digging.

I need help with my personal statement!
Ask your teachers, tutors etc or post it in the Personal Statement forum for help. When talking about taking a gap year, always be positive and don't dwell on how things didn't work out the first time around.

I hope that I’ve cleared a lot of questions in this post, I made it just so people could find answers quickly and we could bunch them together a little bit. Don’t see your question/answer here? Go right ahead and ask it!

Please correct me if any information is untrue or incorrect! Also if you have anything to add, just post it and I'll put it into this post :smile:
And spelling and grammar mistakes.. Please ignore, I was really tired whilst writing this!

edit: New external candidate Q&A added!

Don't have any questions and just want a chat? Then why not join...

The Re-Applicant Society!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Regarding the fee situation, you might like to read Why £45k of debt shouldn't worry you one little bit.
Reply 2
Is it possible?

I got my A level results and I achieved CCC. However I did my A levels in one year, because I tried to go to University as soon as possible and obviously I failed miserably.

Taking all my A2 exams in one go during the summer was too much.

Now I know Universities don't have a problem with those who re-apply after being rejected. But they do have a problem with those who re-take and that's usually because they're going to have a 3rd go at their A levels, after doing it for 2 years.

However with me, this will be my second attempt and it will be my second year. My plans are to retake them again and take half of my A2 exams in January and the other half in June.

Would I have any chance with the top 20 universities when I re-apply next month, or will they look down on me in the same way as your average A level student who took 2 years to study, didn't do well as they hoped and is gonna have a third year to resit and improve their grades.

I'm 20 by the way and I'm hoping to do BA degree, but I'd prefer not to say which subject :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Which top 20 university do you want to go to?

If you don't have a specific answer to that question then you need to re-evaluate. There is no point going to a university just because it is "top 20" (which even varies from year to year.) Find the universities you think you'd enjoy, THEN check the rankings of it, THEN consider whether to retake and apply.
If you are going to complete your A levels within the usual 2 year period, I don't see that they can judge you on it. You need to get your referee to mention that you have taken all your A levels in one year so that the unis are clear that you haven't made a clerical error on your UCAS form by not entering ASs.

If you want to be certain before you apply, there is no harm in ringing up a few unis that you're interested in and canvassing their opinions.
Reply 5
Original post by Abir Ishtiaq
Well, depends on the subject you want to study, and the competitiveness of it. I really can't help you much if you don't tell us what subject it is you want to do. I don't see why you'd want to hide what subject you want to do in the first place anyway, unless it's something ridiculous like David Beckham studies, or any other study of any celebrity.

Er, because I'd prefer annonymous and no, it's a respectable subject. If you must know, it's History.

By the way, David Beckham studies and ridiculous subjects like that aren't offered at top unis, so I have no idea where you're going with that lame joke.

Original post by Saudade
Which top 20 university do you want to go to?

If you don't have a specific answer to that question then you need to re-evaluate. There is no point going to a university just because it is "top 20" (which even varies from year to year.) Find the universities you think you'd enjoy, THEN check the rankings of it, THEN consider whether to retake and apply.

Bristol, Nottingham, Durham, UCL, Warwick etc.

Original post by Becca-Sarah
If you are going to complete your A levels within the usual 2 year period, I don't see that they can judge you on it. You need to get your referee to mention that you have taken all your A levels in one year so that the unis are clear that you haven't made a clerical error on your UCAS form by not entering ASs.

If you want to be certain before you apply, there is no harm in ringing up a few unis that you're interested in and canvassing their opinions.

I know, but those universities knew I was doing my A levels in one year and offered me a place. My referee mentioned it when I was applying for this year.

I was wondering, if I retook my A levels and re-applied to them, would they look down on me?

I'll give them a call tomorrow anyway.
I sort of did, I have just decided I don't really want to go this year :tongue:
I'm just getting myself sorted out and am a bit worried if I go off to uni this year I'll go on a bit of a mad one and ruin my life somehow, so I'm going to work/travel/not have to get up for a year. Looking forward to it tbh
Reply 7
Hi all,

Basically I've just achieved the best results I could have possibly hoped to get even throughout a year of the most significant mitigating circumstances ever.
However, BECAUSE of these mitigating circumstances, I've decided to take a gap year off.

The fee rise doesn't affect me as I'm an international student, however I WOULD like to know if I stand a chance to apply to the top unis ie Warwick, Imperial, UCL, KCL, etc etc?

I got A*A*A*A at A level - but how would I let the unis know that I'm NOT a candidate who is retaking? Will they note the date of my A level results?

And is it worth it? Do I stand a chance to get into these unis? I've currently got a place confirmed at Manchester, but I won't let go of the place if I find that it is not worth it in the end.. :s-smilie:

Thanks!
Reply 8
yes they will see the dates, plenty of people take a year out they won't think anything of it especially as you're an international
Original post by Bandone
Er, because I'd prefer annonymous and no, it's a respectable subject. If you must know, it's History.

By the way, David Beckham studies and ridiculous subjects like that aren't offered at top unis, so I have no idea where you're going with that lame joke.

You're hardly risking your anonymity. Thousands of people read History. Also there are different admissions criteria for each university and each subject, so for good advice, you need to say as much as you can about your sitch. It's not like that guy was asking for your PIN number!
Original post by Bandone
Well, I'm 20 years old, I got CCC, I applied to do History and I'm doing my A levels in one year.

How many people in the country are in the exact same position? Most posts I've read are of people doing the traditional 2 year A level.

Also, my friends and teachers know my grades. So if they came on here and read this thread, they'd easily be able to know it's me. Anyway, they probably do now since people here insisted on wanting to know more. I thought I gave enough info in the OP.

I don't think the time people took to do their A-Levels is relevant when it comes to university applications. Unis may be more sympathetic, but the fact is, thousands of students applied for History and many other subjects just like you. You are in the same pool as these students so you must understand that there must be some consistency when deciding on who to give offers to.

I doubt they'd be able to know it's you, but that's not what is being discussed so I'll get back to the OP. I think you should do retakes because it's obvious that you're intelligent enough to get ABB at least if you managed to get CCC in one year. Don't worry about the fees because education is worth so much more than that.
Reply 11
Weeeel after three years of college i have ABC,
I missed an offer at Liverpool Uni by 6marks so i don't know whether to try again of take up an offer elsewhere?!

Helpppppppppppp =(
Reply 12
I got b in my biology a level and am not conviced its my grade,cos i did really well..should i request 4 remark?am taking maths a.level edexel.i got b in my c3 paper and s1,and a in both c1 and c2..but my a.s grade s A..should i resit c3?my o.level grades are A*A*A*A*A*A..i wil appreciate any help
I'm doing this. As it stands I'm waiting for my priority remarks to come back, but I totally agree - I see no point in going to my insurance. I know I want my firm, and I'm willing to wait an extra year to go there :-)

A year in your life is nothing, if it gets you where you want to be.:hugs:
Reply 14
Original post by sugardust
Hi all,

Basically I've just achieved the best results I could have possibly hoped to get even throughout a year of the most significant mitigating circumstances ever.
However, BECAUSE of these mitigating circumstances, I've decided to take a gap year off.

The fee rise doesn't affect me as I'm an international student, however I WOULD like to know if I stand a chance to apply to the top unis ie Warwick, Imperial, UCL, KCL, etc etc?

I got A*A*A*A at A level - but how would I let the unis know that I'm NOT a candidate who is retaking? Will they note the date of my A level results?

And is it worth it? Do I stand a chance to get into these unis? I've currently got a place confirmed at Manchester, but I won't let go of the place if I find that it is not worth it in the end.. :s-smilie:

Thanks!

For which course are you talking about ?

I would say Email/Call Imperial, tell them your situation, tell them your grades and ask them if they would accept your transfer from Manchester next year. And see what they have to say.

Apart from Imperial, I don't think it is worth taking a gap year for Warwick or KCL, Manchester is a very strong university with an excellent International reputation.

Btw you have very good A level grades, and I think you will get an offer from Imperial provided that you have decent O levels and a good personnel statement.

I hope that helps.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by xuntu
For which course are you talking about ?

I would say Email/Call Imperial, tell them your situation, tell them your grades and ask them if they would accept your transfer from Manchester next year. And see what they have to say.

Apart from Imperial, I don't think it is worth taking a gap year for Warwick or KCL, Manchester is a very strong university with an excellent International reputation.

Btw you have very good A level grades, and I think you will get an offer from Imperial provided that you have decent O levels and a good personnel statement.

I hope that helps.

Well that's the thing; I'm not sure what exactly it is that I want to do at the moment, so I thought a gap year would be best. Imperial wouldn't allow me to transfer as they don't do the course that I firmed in Manchester and from what I've heard from my friends, Manchester may *not* exactly be the best place for me, as I'm fussy about many things :P

I do have fairly decent O levels - 6A*s and 2As, so I don't think that will be the problem... I just wanted to know if it would affect my chances for offers.

Thanks so much anyway :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by sugardust
Hi all,

Thanks!

having spoken to a bunch of university reps, they generally like the experience one can bring with a gap year. you won't have anything to worry about if you got 3A*s on your first go.
Reply 17
I'm considering gap year.. missed both my firm and insurance (marginally) and awaiting remarks. Got A* (history- the course I want to do) B (in law 3 marks off A :/) and B in English Literature (as I got straight A's then a D in the last exam which seems so absurd!). And a C in French A-level (stupid me doing 4:/)

Gutted, but I have a clearing offer from Royal Holloway for History. However I looked round the uni and liked it but absolutely hated the surrounding area, as it had nothing around.
With most the unis I would be interested next year having AAA/AAB requirements really don't know whether to take the risk... Decisions!
Reply 18
Okay so here goes...

went straight in to university from college in 2009 (wish i hadnt as I was young and didnt have a clue what i wanted to do), studied business management with accounting for a year scraped a 2.2 and did the bare minimum work, as going out as much as possible was my priority having just turned 18. (Yes i know, not good!)

Changed to business with marketing in my 2nd year, but moved into a house that went completely wrong as me and a friend took on two housemates that were completely hurrendous so half way through our 2nd year moved out by this time i was completely stressed with the housing situation so came home and defferred my year, I kind of wanted to go back but in all honesty couldn't afford to do so and knew it would just go down the same route of going out too much, and obviously by the time i had come home many universities wouldnt accept 2nd year transfer therefore having to wait till 2012 to go into 2nd year, IDEALLY i would love to transfer to exeter or plymouth, plymouth didnt like the idea of 2nd year transfer on any of their courses, so I decided to apply for plymouth 2 year fast track degree business management (but however this means anything that i did at my first uni would be a waste, and it being 2012, £9000 a year oh god). and for exeter... well a 2.2 is probably not going to get me in, i have done everything ucas, letter of intent, sent transcript, explained my situation fully in an email.

In all honesty i am completely lost and stumped. I want to finish my degree in the south west. I am stressing over this incredibly and really do not know what to do.

HELP:s-smilie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Just a bit confuzzled, i've completed a level, 2 years, i've heard about if you retake a level in 3rd academic year most cases your neglected from uni? Please explain?! :/

Latest