The Student Room Group

sudden gap year ;0

Hey everyone, just writing as i’ve ended up taking a gap year suddenly due to my a level results so it’s a relatively new thing to me. im planning to retake one or two of subjects and reapply for next year to the same places rather than going through clearing. i count myself lucky as i already know a couple people taking a gap year so i have a bit more help with making plans and figuring out what to do but i know that that’s not gonna be the reality for everyone so i wanted to make a place for anyone who doesn’t know others taking a gap year or not sure what to do :wink: i’m local to London so feel free to holla or reach out to ask questions *
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by hasa2797
Hey everyone, just writing as i’ve ended up taking a gap year suddenly due to my a level results so it’s a relatively new thing to me. im planning to retake one or two of subjects and reapply for next year to the same places rather than going through clearing. i count myself lucky as i already know a couple people taking a gap year so i have a bit more help with making plans and figuring out what to do but i know that that’s not gonna be the reality for everyone so i wanted to make a place for anyone who doesn’t know others taking a gap year or not sure what to do :wink: i’m local to London so feel free to holla or reach out to ask questions *

student who resat, here. what are your results? and how were you before?

Reapply next year for same places, some unis take in account before, for example Manchester. What are you planning to do this year? For which subject? You can do a different subject, or even multiple subjects if you wish.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by hasa2797

Seems like you have a solid plan! If you want to, you can go introduce yourself in the 2023-24 Gap Year thread :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Scotland Yard
Seems like you have a solid plan! If you want to, you can go introduce yourself in the 2023-24 gap year thread :smile:

the link doesn't work
Original post by justlearning1469
the link doesn't work

Whoops. Fixed it (I think)

Quick Reply

Latest