The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I've found a back up plan. I found several health foundation degrees, one at UWE. Only need 60 UCAS points for that so hopefully then can go to uni instead of repeating the year at college and then once I've done that do my full degree in radiography. It will all be fine (I hope)
Reply 381
Original post by lackjan
I've found a back up plan. I found several health foundation degrees, one at UWE. Only need 60 UCAS points for that so hopefully then can go to uni instead of repeating the year at college and then once I've done that do my full degree in radiography. It will all be fine (I hope)

That's great news. Don't lose hope. You will be fine.:smile:
Original post by Radio dream
Hi, can you tell me how Hertfordshire get in touch re interviews. Is it via e-mail, post or ucas?

Good luck with your interview.

I got one of those emails from ucas saying something has canged on my application, and then it showed that i had an 'invitation' on my UCAS Track (:
I havent had anything delivered by post except for 'Thankyou for applying to this uni' letters and some forms from liverpool.
&thankyou!
Original post by Becki.ox
Hey I've applied for this course at Hertfordshire about 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything still! How long did it take until you got an interview?

Same for me, on UCAS it said they received my application on 21st Nov. and i got an invititation on the 15th Dec, so just under 1 month (:
Reply 384
Hi all

Wondering if somebody can help me out please.

Im a mature student have got everything apart from a reference. My previous employer will wrtie me a reference but i just wanted to know if this has to be indepth like the personal statement or whether its just a formality??

Thanks in advance
Original post by ecokid
ooh, i was the guy who was talking to your parents when you came out i think! I was wearing a shirt/blazer combo with spikey hair. :biggrin: My interview was straight after yours.

Oh really! How did your interview go? Small world haha! Is Portsmouth your first choice then?
I'm applying to
Hertfordshire
Birmingham City
Cantebury
South Bank
& Bangor

I'm reapplying this year so hopefully it all goes well this year!

Has anyone had rejections before even getting interviews?
I really really hope this doesnt happen :frown:
Reply 387
Original post by miss-pink09
Has anyone had rejections before even getting interviews?
I really really hope this doesnt happen :frown:

Don't be disheartened if you get one or two rejections. The fact is there are a lot of applicants for a limited number of places these days - a number which I believe is/will be going down as the NHS doesn't need so many radiographers atm.
Reply 388
Just got a conditional offer from city university london, 300 ucas points from 3 A2s including a B in biology woo hoo
Reply 389
yay interveiw at uni of cumbria on 4th of Jan!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Jiten88
yay interveiw at uni of cumbria on 4th of Jan!!! :biggrin:

I was going to say I might see you about there but first years have a self study day because of the interviews so I'll probably be in bed all day :P

Good luck though.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
Reply 391
hi does anybody know how many weeks of placement there is in the first year of the course
thnxx
Original post by no.1stud
hi does anybody know how many weeks of placement there is in the first year of the course
thnxx

It depends on the uni.
Uni of Cumbria have two 6 week blocks in the first year.
Reply 393
Yeah depends where you go. Some places have no placement at all in the first year. My uni is 18 weeks a year, every year.
Liverpool is only 1week :smile:
Reply 395
Original post by no.1stud
thnxx

At St George's, you're there from beginning of May to end of June; approximately 7 weeks.

You then go back mid-August to beginning of September before the start of the 2nd year for approx 4 weeks.
ah, ive JUST got a letter through the post about my selection day at Herts.
im so scared!! D:
there is a 50min literacy and numeracy test and then a group interview. |:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 397
wow just got unconditional offer yay!
Original post by zion1

Original post by zion1
wow just got unconditional offer yay!

congratulations! :biggrin:
what university is this from? and how come it's unconditional?

xoxo
Original post by razzmatazz rach
It depends on the uni.
Uni of Cumbria have two 6 week blocks in the first year.

Hi, I was just wondering how you UoC interview was? I have mine on the 11th of Jan and I'm fairly nervous!

Latest