The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hello123450
Ohh no my interview isnt for cumbria its for Hertfordshire tomorrow D:
I think mums coming with me just because I have no idea how to get there and back but she said she'll find out what to do etc while I'm getting interviewed :smile:
Good luck for yours!

Oh, awkward, misread your post sorry lol
Anyone else going to the interview day at Leeds on the 28th of March? I'm so relieved that I've finally heard back from somewhere. :smile:
Reply 502
Woop just recieved an offer from Cumbria =) Anyone else?
Original post by vonny89

Congratz! What campus?
Reply 504
Original post by JordanUK

Congratz! What campus?

Thanks, Lancaster campus. How you getting on with your application? Did u apply to cumbria?
Original post by vonny89
Thanks, Lancaster campus. How you getting on with your application? Did u apply to cumbria?

Not too bad thanks, I have an offer from Liverpool and I have my Cumbria University interview on this Wednesday! Its at Fusehill street campus in Carlisle not Lancaster. What sort of questions were you asked?

I also have an interview at Bangor in the 22nd of Feb :smile:

Where else have you applied?
Reply 506

Not too bad thanks, I have an offer from Liverpool and I have my Cumbria University interview on this Wednesday! Its at Fusehill street campus in Carlisle not Lancaster. What sort of questions were you asked?

I also have an interview at Bangor in the 22nd of Feb :smile:

Where else have you applied?

Cool sounds like your doing ok then! They asked things like what qualities do you think a radiographer should have? Why are communication skills important? Why you want to do radiography, just the general questions. However there were more questions about you as a person so hobbies and interests. I wasn't in there long, would say no more than 20 mins so its quite a short interview, so im sure you will be fine!

I have an uncondditional offer from Liverpool, conditional from Cumbria and an interview at Salford on 22nd Feb. Bradford have said I am shortlisted and will get back to me. Ive not got a 5th choice as I want to live at home and all the rest are too far away!

Which one will be your 1st choice?
Original post by vonny89
Cool sounds like your doing ok then! They asked things like what qualities do you think a radiographer should have? Why are communication skills important? Why you want to do radiography, just the general questions. However there were more questions about you as a person so hobbies and interests. I wasn't in there long, would say no more than 20 mins so its quite a short interview, so im sure you will be fine!

I have an uncondditional offer from Liverpool, conditional from Cumbria and an interview at Salford on 22nd Feb. Bradford have said I am shortlisted and will get back to me. Ive not got a 5th choice as I want to live at home and all the rest are too far away!

Which one will be your 1st choice?

I think that I will definetly put Liverpool as my firm and probs Cumbri as my second if I get an offer :smile:
Original post by vonny89

Congratulations! Are they gonna be your firm?
I think that I will definetly put Liverpool as my firm and probs Cumbri as my second if I get an offer :smile:

Have you looked around the uni at Liverpool? If so, what did you think of it becuase ive never been before..so was just wondering :smile:
Also, are you going to the open day thing on 1st Feb?
Have you looked around the uni at Liverpool? If so, what did you think of it becuase ive never been before..so was just wondering :smile:

I loved it, very modern facilities, beautiful city, the lecture theater we were in looked a bit worn but they were saying they wont be using them in 2012.

I actually want to one on the 14th of December as I sent my application in really early so I got booked in for the first day.

If you have any more specific questions just ask :smile:
Reply 511

Hi, did you have your interview at Herts yesterday? How did it go?

Does anyone know the answer to this? I have finalised my UCAS form and it has been sent, but what do I do about the proof of my shadowing in a radiography department?
Do I send this in or bring to an interview if I am luck? x
Reply 512
Original post by lara_uk

Does anyone know the answer to this? I have finalised my UCAS form and it has been sent, but what do I do about the proof of my shadowing in a radiography department?
Do I send this in or bring to an interview if I am luck? x

Hey lara,

Glad to hear that you've finished the application - well done! In answer to your question, it really depends on the university. On receipt of the forms, some request the necessary clinical observation forms, whilst others only request forms at the interview or even later: once you've either firmed or placed an insurance on an offer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by razzmatazz rach
Just curious and nosey if you can remember who your interviewers were.

One of the lecturers spoke about the interviews today and he mentioned that they had 5 people who had travelled from Leicester and he thought it was a bit strange that people wanted to travel that far :tongue:
He said they interviews went well and there were some "interesting" ones. He also said they are thinking of making their interviews for next year a whole day thing with group tasks etc because the competition is increasing so they need a better way of selecting people.

Shame the weather was bad yesterday, the Uni and Lancaster in general is quite pretty when the weather is nice. It always seems to rain on open days and interview days... Any questions about the uni feel free to ask.

Hi. I've got a conditional offer from Cumbria. Can I ask you a question about the timetable? I know the course is 42 weeks, are the 10 weeks hols 2 at Xmas, 2 at Easter and 6 in summer? The Lancaster campus looks really nice. Just get a good feel about the place.
Original post by Eric Wirral
Hi. I've got a conditional offer from Cumbria. Can I ask you a question about the timetable? I know the course is 42 weeks, are the 10 weeks hols 2 at Xmas, 2 at Easter and 6 in summer? The Lancaster campus looks really nice. Just get a good feel about the place.

Yes that's pretty much how it works out but in Aug there's a week for resits so obviously if you've failed any exams you'll have to go in for that week. You do get reading weeks as well though so it's not too bad.

Congratulations on your offer as well :smile:

I'm going on the 1st :smile:
Reply 516
Original post by ecokid
Hey lara,

Glad to hear that you've finished the application - well done! In answer to your question, it really depends on the university. On receipt of the forms, some request the necessary clinical observation forms, whilst others only request forms at the interview or even later: once you've either firmed or placed an insurance on an offer.

Thankyou very much for getting back to me. I'm just not sure whether to post it out to them, I may have to ring around x
Reply 517
Original post by dreaminchicken

Original post by dreaminchicken
Congratulations! Are they gonna be your firm?

Thanks =)
Im not too sure yet! I really liked liverpool however im going to wait till I recieve all replies and decide then.
How about u?
Reply 518

Cool I really liked liverpool too, it had a good feel to it! Defo in my top 2. Well good luck with ur application! Might see you in September!
Reply 519
Original post by lara_uk

Original post by lara_uk
Thankyou very much for getting back to me. I'm just not sure whether to post it out to them, I may have to ring around x

Hi I personally waited for them to request the clinical visit form, then asked the clinical tutor at the hospital I visited to forward in an email the form to admissions of the universities I applied to. However I would suggest sending them as soon as you can as they are able to offer interviews/ visit days sooner.

Latest