The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

11th October!!!
Hey, I applied for A100 on about the 5th of October. I haven't heard back from them (apart from a confirmation of application email) yet. Does this mean that I am unlikely to have made the cut for an interview?
Original post by moonie9995
Hey, I applied for A100 on about the 5th of October. I haven't heard back from them (apart from a confirmation of application email) yet. Does this mean that I am unlikely to have made the cut for an interview?

no-its still early days lol.

i aint even applying for medicine and i know BHam interview applicants atleast untill febuary maybe later.

and concentrate on your exams mate to be fair its better to get AAA then to get an offer and then get AAB. its perfect if you get AAA with offer lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
I used to think I was a pretty patient person.......apparently I'm not :redface:
Original post by undertaker1
no-its still early days lol.

i aint even applying for medicine and i know BHam interview applicants atleast untill febuary maybe later.

and concentrate on your exams mate to be fair its better to get AAA then to get an offer and then get AAB. its perfect if you get AAA with offer lol.

Thanks :smile: I just get really stressed when other people seem to be getting interviews and I haven't heard anything.
Original post by moonie9995
Thanks :smile: I just get really stressed when other people seem to be getting interviews and I haven't heard anything.

lol i understand
What has everyone been wearing by the way for interviews? :s-smilie:
Reply 587
still havent received a confirmation email yet. is this the case for anyone else? should i contact bham yet?
Original post by whateverg

Original post by whateverg
still havent received a confirmation email yet. is this the case for anyone else? should i contact bham yet?

I thought B'ham didn't do acknowledgements until I got one! Just ask couldn't do any harm I suppose! I'm expecting a rejection coz I sent UCAS on 11th and all i've received is an acknowledgement!
Original post by MAMDS1993
I thought B'ham didn't do acknowledgements until I got one! Just ask couldn't do any harm I suppose! I'm expecting a rejection coz I sent UCAS on 11th and all i've received is an acknowledgement!

Don't think too much into it. Bham interviews till march. So maybe we will hear later. And anyway, it's out of our hands now. But I do understand, it's awful waiting while others have interviews already. I sent mine off on the 14th and I'm so worried that it's too late.
Original post by withoutwax1111

Don't think too much into it. Bham interviews till march. So maybe we will hear later. And anyway, it's out of our hands now. But I do understand, it's awful waiting while others have interviews already. I sent mine off on the 14th and I'm so worried that it's too late.

Yeah its very difficult not to think about it! I guess whatevers meant to be will be! Are you an international applicant btw? I am international, wonder if there's any difference between when they interview internationals!
Original post by MAMDS1993
Yeah its very difficult not to think about it! I guess whatevers meant to be will be! Are you an international applicant btw? I am international, wonder if there's any difference between when they interview internationals!

I'm not an international, but apparently ucl interview the internationals in january because the uk applicants sit a level modules during that time, so maybe bham does the same.
Reply 592
I'm not an international, but apparently ucl interview the internationals in january because the uk applicants sit a level modules during that time, so maybe bham does the same.

Birmingham interviews internationals the same time as home students.
Original post by reallys

Original post by reallys
Birmingham interviews internationals the same time as home students.

Wow that makes me even more worried abt receiving a rejection! Oh well got BSMS, HYMS and UEA!
You people who are panicking - don't! It's not even November yet and you're already expecting to be rejected :tongue: Birmingham are strangely random with how they invite people to interview, I got mine super early whereas my friend with literally exactly the same stats got her interview in Feb/March time. So absolutely no panicking until you hear from them please! :tongue:
Original post by colabottles

Original post by colabottles
You people who are panicking - don't! It's not even November yet and you're already expecting to be rejected :tongue: Birmingham are strangely random with how they invite people to interview, I got mine super early whereas my friend with literally exactly the same stats got her interview in Feb/March time. So absolutely no panicking until you hear from them please! :tongue:

Thank you so much for your encouragement! Literally feel like I have no life checking my mail every second!! I have an exam on thursday and my language B exam (IB student) on 11th november, I could do with some studying lol!
Reply 596
got my interview
Reply 597
Original post by sexysaaim
got my interview

Congrats! :smile: If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your app to UCAS? XD
got my interview

Congrats! Did you just find out today?
got my interview

Well done. When is it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending