The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by PENGUINS PENGUINS
how am i acting like the tram lady? im not in any way being racist or whatever. **** overused comeback

Also , i think its arrogant how you just assume imperial is going to give you an interview and start complaining about travel plans and having two interviews to attend to blah blah blah when you havent even got the other one.

I said it's possible that I get one, like everyone else. You do have to plan ahead when each interview might cost a thousand euros...

Maybe there should be an interview invitations deadline to make things easier.
I got 40% in Section 1. 60% in Section 2 and 50% in Section 3.

Do you think that Imperial will want me? :confused:

Should I keep my hopes up or expect a rejection?

I also have got 3 As at A Level in Chem, Bio and Mathematics. I have 1 B at AS Level too.
Reply 782
Original post by Feligatre 3
I got 40% in Section 1. 60% in Section 2 and 50% in Section 3.

Do you think that Imperial will want me? :confused:

Should I keep my hopes up or expect a rejection?

I also have got 3 As at A Level in Chem, Bio and Mathematics. I have 1 B at AS Level too.

Last years cut-off was something like 4.9, 4.9, 2.5C. Expect this years to be about the same, they very^10 rarely invite students with grades below this to interview.
Reply 783
Have any UK based year 13's been called for interview?
Reply 784
Original post by d3ra4eva
Have any UK based year 13's been called for interview?

Yep!
Original post by Palladium
Yep!

Who, when, what were their stats?!
Reply 786
Original post by Lakshin
Hi!

Can somebody please enlighten me on how my BMAT result compares and my chances of getting an interview at imperial?

8.7, 8.7, 4.5B.

I know that my S1 and S2 are above average, but what about the B in english? Since doctors need to be able to communicate with patiens im afraid that this might make me get a rejection.

are you for real?

That is an amazinglyyyy high score :eek::eek:, Imperial wanted a minimum of 4.9 last year, and 2.5C for s3 so you're deeeeefinitely in for an interview for sure.
Original post by Lakshin
Can somebody please enlighten me on how my BMAT result compares and my chances of getting an interview at imperial?

8.7, 8.7, 4.5B.

I hope you realise that you will now be getting boat loads of negs for saying that....
Original post by Lakshin
why?

Well I didn't actually neg you, because that's mean.

But it's sort of a tradition on TSR to neg everyone who is successful or achieves something.

Your BMAT is awesome, hence you will be negged. Simples.
Original post by Lakshin
Hi!

8.7, 8.7, 4.5B.

I know that my S1 and S2 are above average, but what about the B in english? Since doctors need to be able to communicate with patiens im afraid that this might make me get a rejection.

So why did you post on another thread that your BMAT results were 4.7, 4.7 and 3A?
Reply 790
Original post by Lakshin
but wouldn't it be higher for international applicants? thanks!

You can't get higher than that, it's basically almost full marks, like 90% + so if you get rejected, then no other internationals stand a chance coming to Imperial this year! :tongue:
Reply 791
looking at the UCL page someone has been invited to interview with a S1 score of 4.9.....

would it be a fair assumption to say that 4.9 4.9 2.5B (last years cut-off) is probably going to be lowered?....i heard that they go down the list on bmat scores? and ucl and imperials cutoffs are rather similar...

all this waiting is making me play mind games with myself
Original post by praj1
looking at the UCL page someone has been invited to interview with a S1 score of 4.9.....

would it be a fair assumption to say that 4.9 4.9 2.5B (last years cut-off) is probably going to be lowered?....i heard that they go down the list on bmat scores? and ucl and imperials cutoffs are rather similar...

all this waiting is making me play mind games with myself

UCL DOESN'T operate a cutoff system.

They simply look at how much you are above or below their average (4.8 4.9 3A) and then + or - points from your application overall. They balance "everything" supposedly.

BMAT definately isn't the be all at UCL, because as you say, people have been interviewed with high 4s low 5s when people with 7s haven't yet.

Just be patient, I myself and all of my friends haven't heard a peep, but they interview most of their people in Feb/March, so there is still tonnes of time.

Relax :smile:
Original post by kingcoltzan

They simply look at how much you are above or below their average (4.8 4.9 3A) and then + or - points from your application overall. They balance "everything" supposedly.

BMAT definately isn't the be all at UCL, because as you say, people have been interviewed with high 4s low 5s when people with 7s haven't yet.

Just be patient, I myself and all of my friends haven't heard a peep, but they interview most of their people in Feb/March, so there is still tonnes of time.

It's true. I was interviewed at ucl with a bmat of 5.5 4.3 2.5B (awful indeed!) on Tuesday! But I am most definitely expecting a rejection from imperial!
Reply 794
Original post by beckswilkinson
It's true. I was interviewed at ucl with a bmat of 5.5 4.3 2.5B (awful indeed!) on Tuesday! But I am most definitely expecting a rejection from imperial!

Original post by kingcoltzan

ok lol....interesting....
Reply 795
Original post by Lakshin
Hi!

8.7, 8.7, 4.5B.

"Result: 4.7, 4.7, 3A
Enquiry: Generally S1 and S2
Reason: Can't hurt, need a few extra point to get an interview at UCL and if they lower my score it doesn't really matter (only applied to UCL out of the BMAT schools in the end)" Quoted from Lakshin

I saw this on the BMAT enquiry thread some time ago...that's one hell of a remark if you ask me.

hmmmmmmmm...........U b trollin? :rolleyes:
Reply 796
Does anyone think that the cut off marks will go above 4.9 4.9 3c ??
Reply 797
Do you think that with a decent personal statement and reference, the following will be enough to get me an interview at UCL/Imperial:

A level Predictions: A* AA
AS Grades: AAAB
GCSE's: 9A*s 1A
BMAT: 6.3 6.4 3.5A
Original post by beckswilkinson

is this at UCL or imperial and are you a school leaver/graduate?
Original post by NP473L
"Result: 4.7, 4.7, 3A
Enquiry: Generally S1 and S2
Reason: Can't hurt, need a few extra point to get an interview at UCL and if they lower my score it doesn't really matter (only applied to UCL out of the BMAT schools in the end)" Quoted from Lakshin

I saw this on the BMAT enquiry thread some time ago...that's one hell of a remark if you ask me

This Lakshin guy must be a BAUS :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending