The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by italienmoose
My interpretation of their requirements for double science would be AAAB to include science, additional science, maths and English language as I consider AABB to be worse than AAABB as you have lost an A grade, with AAAB being the closest comparison; however, I would email the admissions team to have them clarify this as it is unclear.

Thanks, but it says clear as day, AAA become AA, and my school seems to agree. I will agree that AAAB is the worse case scenario.:smile:
Reply 1581
WTF? Rejected without interview, had
6.7 6.4 3A in the BMAT and had an interview last year as well :/
Have any reapplicants had interviews?
Original post by ab192

I did.
Original post by ab192

Whaaaatttttttttttt :confused::confused: :eek::eek:
Anyone who's had an interview invite, did you get a reply when you emailed them to confirm attendance?
Original post by Straight up G
Anyone who's had an interview invite, did you get a reply when you emailed them to confirm attendance?

Yes. Both years I've had an automated reply followed by a human response the following working day.
Original post by italienmoose
Yes. Both years I've had an automated reply followed by a human response the following working day.

I've had the automated reply, but not human response. It's been a week I think. Advice?
I've had the automated reply, but not human response. It's been a week I think. Advice?

I wouldn't worry about it. If you've had the automated response then you've sent it to the right address so you can always prove it's their mistake if anything goes wrong. Manchester lost my response and phoned me so I would imagine Imperial would do something similar if they've lost it. They're probably just a bit bored of replying to everyone by now.
Reply 1588

I have had no response either.

Only the one that starts:

Thank you for contacting the Undergraduate Medicine Admissions Team. Please note that if an answer to your query can be found on the Imperial College website or below you will not receive a response from the team.

I don't think they will reply, there's no real need.
Reply 1589
Rejected! :frown: I loved Imperial so much!
Probably on the basis of my BMAT score: 4.7, 4.6, 2A
I've asked for feedback but no reply yet. Don't think I'll get into Medicine this year, I just hope I get the grades so I can reapply next year!
Just waiting on UCL now. I've heard some interviewees had below-average BMAT scores so we'll wait an see.
Best of luck to you all!
hey abdullah kebabi.
Reply 1591
Bugger it sucks waiting for the inevitable
Original post by Saiyu
Bugger it sucks waiting for the inevitable

It really does!! rejection from Kings yesterday so even more nervous about my Imperial decision!!
Original post by ab192

Sorry about that :frown:. I have to say though, this does frighten me...
can anyone please tell me if they will still send invites to international students ??
Reply 1595

I havnt yet and emaile them at the weekend. Was gonna ask the same question myself :smile:
Reply 1596
Original post by Lae321
Rejected! :frown: I loved Imperial so much!
Probably on the basis of my BMAT score: 4.7, 4.6, 2A
I've asked for feedback but no reply yet. Don't think I'll get into Medicine this year, I just hope I get the grades so I can reapply next year!
Just waiting on UCL now. I've heard some interviewees had below-average BMAT scores so we'll wait an see.
Best of luck to you all!

DONT YOU DARE EVER GIVE UP!....

GET THOSE GRADES!....

GET AN OFFER!

:mrt:
BMAT: 4.9, 6.4, 1.5A

bound to get a rejection,
wish i had kept my concentration in the essay.
Original post by Brownies_are_yummy
It really does!! rejection from Kings yesterday so even more nervous about my Imperial decision!!

I got rejected from Kings too :frown:

Got a poor bmat relatively so I'm waiting for a rejection from Imperial sometime soon.
Hey there,

I'm an applicant for 2012 entry to Medicine and I got an interview at Imperial a few days ago.

Now, needless to say, the thought of 15 minutes (including decision time!) being between getting a place and not getting one is intimidating to say the least. Take into consideration that it's Imperial and I'm cacking myself.

So, primarily I wanted to ask current students who had interviews last year what they would advise, what kind of questions they were asked and how they dealt with them, whether they found the atmosphere stressed or relax, and that sort of thing. If any of this year's applicants who've already had interviews want to post some advice, I'd welcome it, but not expect it! (We are still all in competition, unfortunately :P)

I'd be very grateful to hear of any experiences and receive any advice :smile:

Danny

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending