The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
once you get an interview, do they still look at academics, ukcat and ps when deciding to make you an offer as well as the interview or is the offer based on interview alone?
Reply 381
okay what if i got
say 650 for ukcat

and assume ive done all the work exp

hows my chances lookin now?
Reply 382
Original post by brionyak
dang! should have done the same at least now i would have known if i go rejected or not

ah same, my ucas advisor told me not to bother putting it on as they wouldn't make any decision before they're officially received :/ + she wasn't even sure how to put it on...wish I hadn't listened to her! :|
Reply 383
Original post by realm
ah same, my ucas advisor told me not to bother putting it on as they wouldn't make any decision before they're officially received :/ + she wasn't even sure how to put it on...wish I hadn't listened to her! :|

You're not supposed to put your UKCAT score on your UCAS form...
Original post by as_94
You're not supposed to put your UKCAT score on your UCAS form...

Why? I did and I got an interview ... :s
Reply 385
Original post by instrumentalist

So you think you got an interview because you put your UKCAT score down on your UCAS form?

It says everywhere that UKCAT sends your result direct to universities, so there's no need for you to put it down.
Original post by whateverg
once you get an interview, do they still look at academics, ukcat and ps when deciding to make you an offer as well as the interview or is the offer based on interview alone?

Interview.

They can look at everything else if you are 'close' to other candidates, although surprisingly this isn't very common. Applicants tend to branch away quite sharply from each other in terms of their interview performance, so they basically just rate your interview and decide from there, because to get an interview in the first place they would've considered those other factors that you mentioned.

Hope this helps
Original post by instrumentalist

Original post by as_94
So you think you got an interview because you put your UKCAT score down on your UCAS form?

It says everywhere that UKCAT sends your result direct to universities, so there's no need for you to put it down.

There is another thread (can't remember which uni) where another person who put their UKCAT on their UCAS application has got an early interview.
(I seem to think it's Leeds, but not sure)

Just food for thought :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by SaintSoldier
There is another thread (can't remember which uni) where another person who put their UKCAT on their UCAS application has got an early interview.
(I seem to think it's Leeds, but not sure)

Just food for thought :smile:

Either way, your results get sent directly to the university, as there's nowhere to put them down on the UCAS form, and I doubt that they gave you an interview because you decided to put your scores down.
Reply 389
Original post by as_94
Either way, your results get sent directly to the university, as there's nowhere to put them down on the UCAS form, and I doubt that they gave you an interview because you decided to put your scores down.

There is a section under education.
Funny how all those with interviews here have put down their UKCAT results...bit more of a coincidence, don't you think?
Original post by as_94

There is. Where you added qualifications to your Education section, you could have selected UKCAT and BMAT as qualifications, and then in a little box inserted your average.

But I agree, score or no score they get it sent to them so people who havent put it down arent necessarily disadvantaged.
:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 391
Ah. Fair enough :smile:

However, you're right, it's not going to advantage someone really.

Still, I don't think they intended you to put scores down, after all you don't even sit the BMAT after the deadline!
Original post by SaintSoldier
I love how pessimistic everyone is on TSR...

EDIT: In case there is any doubt here, YES, 9A*'s ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO GET YOU INTO KING'S!! ****ing hell....
(didn't mean to offend, but you need to see your grades for what they are i.e. amazing)

haha, Im thick-skinned- so was not offended at all. I'm generally the greatest pessimist. So you speak some truth. :wink:

However, yeah my GCSEs are okay, but my worry really is my UKCAT- which honestly is NOT great.

tbh, medicine is damn competitive and even though my GCSEs are on the high end, theyll have hundreds of applicants with equally good GCSEs but greater UKCAT scores- hence my anxiety.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by as_94
Ah. Fair enough :smile:

However, you're right, it's not going to advantage someone really.

Still, I don't think they intended you to put scores down, after all you don't even sit the BMAT after the deadline!

True. Some schools are pedantic and ask you to put them on- you don't sit your A2 exams until next year but you still enter them under pending to give an indication of what you intend to sit.

But again, not necessarily necessary. BMAT and UKCAT score are handed direct to unis. :smile:
Original post by realm
There is a section under education.
Funny how all those with interviews here have put down their UKCAT results...bit more of a coincidence, don't you think?

It's true that all of those with interviews put down their UKCAT results, but equally, many of the others who put down their UKCAT scores are yet to hear from Kings, like in my school for example. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 395
Guys, I don't see what the harm in putting down your UKCAT on UCAS is...it seems to have worked for the people who got interviews so far...Anyway it doesn''t matter now, it's all sent off.

My friend also has his interview day after BMAT and was contemplating asking to change it - but I don't think BMAT would be a valid excuse seing as your applying to KCL (unfortunately :frown: ). You could try another excuse....wedding funeral - or my personal favourite - the religious ceremony - but use at your own risk - If I was on the admissions board I would see it as slightly unkeen if you were to change your date, unless there was a serious serious reason :smile:

Just my 2 pence!
Reply 396
Original post by kingcoltzan
Mine originally said "you have been invited to interview" or something like that... then when I accept the interview it changes back to "being processed " :confused:

But the interview page is still there - so I assume it's just a bug

Should be fine. I remember it was the same for me last year.
Reply 397
Original post by TheChosenJuan
It's true that all of those with interviews put down their UKCAT results, but equally, many of the others who put down their UKCAT scores are yet to hear from Kings, like in my school for example. :s-smilie:

Maybe either their academics or ukcat or PS/reference is lacking ?
Original post by realm
Maybe either their academics or ukcat or PS/reference is lacking ?

From what I know, most of their academics are brilliant but it could be anything for all we know so I really have no idea..
Am I right in thinking that the first people they interview are the ones with 10A*+ ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending