The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
I didn't realise we had to firm Kings by March 31st?! I am still waiting to hear back from Cardiff :s-smilie: I thought the deadline was dependent on when you received your last offer?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1381
I'm so stuck on deciding which to firm and which to insure between Kings & St. Georges, for biomedical sciences! :frown: Kings is the more prestigious uni and the course looks fab as its so flexible and you can basically pick whichever modules you want in years 2 & 3. But on the other hand, St. Georges has a more clinical course which is taught alongside the MBBS students which also attracts me as I'd love to study medicine at a later date! Ahhhh this is stressful :frown: It makes sense to put Kings as firm as they're asking for the higher grades but my thoughts keep changing D: can anyone give me any advice?!
Reply 1382
Original post by Jack3107
Rejected by Oxford and LSE.
Offers could arrive until 10th of May? Can I email then for a earlier reply?
I am going to take my exams on April. Having an offer later than exams really affects my planning.

Btw, do you have good predicted grades and profile?

I'll PM you!
Original post by Meg#Cook
I didn't realise we had to firm Kings by March 31st?! I am still waiting to hear back from Cardiff :s-smilie: I thought the deadline was dependent on when you received your last offer?

Don't worry, nobody is required to firm anything before they received all of their offers. Just email King's, they'll take your situation into account and excuse you for not responding yet.

Try and have a look at UCAS website, there has to be something about this issue in the FAQ. :smile:
Original post by Stéphane
Don't worry, nobody is required to firm anything before they received all of their offers. Just email King's, they'll take your situation into account and excuse you for not responding yet.

Try and have a look at UCAS website, there has to be something about this issue in the FAQ. :smile:

This is not the case, look at there website (towards the bottom of the page) http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/ImportantDates.aspx

We have until 9th May, I hope!
Original post by Meg#Cook

No one had to firm anywhere by 31st March -not sure where you've got that date from as that isn't a deadline for anything!

Original post by Moonface93
This is not the case, look at there website (towards the bottom of the page) http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/ImportantDates.aspx

We have until 9th May, I hope!

Yep, if you receive ALL of your decisions before 31st March then you have until 9th May to reply to them. If you receive your final decisions between 1st April and 10th May then you will have until the 7th June to reply.

Once you have received all of your decisions then you will get a notification on your UCAS track. This will include your personal deadline for when you have to reply, it will be one of the two above dates.
Reply 1386
Original post by Jack3107
We endeavour to make decisions on applications as quickly as possible but some applicants may receive a decision sooner than others. Not receiving a decision does not mean that you have been refused a place. There are two main reasons why you might not hear quickly. Firstly, assessment may take longer during busy parts of the admissions cycle. Secondly, some programmes operate a ‘gathered field’ process for some applications, a procedure frequently used in university selection. We hold off making decisions until a suitable number of applications have arrived to allow comparative assessment. Therefore, very well qualified applicants (both academically and non-academically) may receive offers throughout the assessment cycle. Less well qualified applicants (relative to the applicant pool) may be collected together over short periods of time. However, they may still receive offers in due course.

Perhaps this can give us all some sense of comfort. We are the less well qualified applicants, and the offers for us will be given with at the very last.

Hey, thank you but I received a rejection yesterday. I was told I met requirements but due to high number of applicant, it was very competitive. To say i am devastated would be an understatement. This is my first rejection and even though i have an offer from Queen Mary, i can't take it as they require 3 A's.

I hope you have fared better and got the offer!
hi

do they take which campus your studying in into consideration when assigning your accomodation?
Woot, just firmed King's for English :smile:
Reply 1389
Original post by HolyFuzazzle

Woooo :biggrin:

What made you choose KCL over St Andrews in the end?
Original post by electric-wars
What made you choose KCL over St Andrews in the end?

Being rejected from the latter :smile:
Is studying (for pharmacy) in London worth the extra debt?
i am a going to b a graduate in the summer, i am thinking of applying to kcl med 4 year or 5 year med school, what ukcat cut off score they usually use or what was did they use this year n what can u predict they will use?
Hi everyone, I'm an international student. I've firmly accepted an offer to read Law at King's in September. Unfortunately, I'm afraid my A Levels results don't quite meet the expectations they had. I received an A* in English Literature, B in Maths (This was a real pity, I was 4 UMS marks away from an A) and a B in Economics as well. If there are any current King's College students out there, I would appreciate any advise. The thing is, ordinarily it is obvious that my offer ought to be revoked, but King's hasn't officially rejected my offer via UCAS yet, and it's been a while. My college UCAS admissions officer told me to be optimistic, because this delay indicates there's a chance they are considering my application, otherwise they would've rejected me outright.. But to be perfectly honest this seems like a long shot and rather far fetched to me!

I'm just kind of in a limbo right now, neither here nor there because no decision has been made by King's regarding my application, so any words of advise would be greatly appreciated. :smile:
Reply 1395
Original post by Celinekrogh
Anyone else who has been accepted to King's PPL??:smile: (Philosophy, politics, law)
I did, around the same time as you too
Reply 1396
Original post by AnonCoconut
Hi everyone, I'm an international student. I've firmly accepted an offer to read Law at King's in September. Unfortunately, I'm afraid my A Levels results don't quite meet the expectations they had. I received an A* in English Literature, B in Maths (This was a real pity, I was 4 UMS marks away from an A) and a B in Economics as well. If there are any current King's College students out there, I would appreciate any advise. The thing is, ordinarily it is obvious that my offer ought to be revoked, but King's hasn't officially rejected my offer via UCAS yet, and it's been a while. My college UCAS admissions officer told me to be optimistic, because this delay indicates there's a chance they are considering my application, otherwise they would've rejected me outright.. But to be perfectly honest this seems like a long shot and rather far fetched to me!

I'm just kind of in a limbo right now, neither here nor there because no decision has been made by King's regarding my application, so any words of advise would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

If they haven't made a decision on your application yet, how have you firmly accepted them?...

But I would remain optimistic too if I were you. :smile: If they were going to reject you based on your grades they would have done it immediately so it's probably likely that they are still considering your application!
Being rejected from the latter :smile:

Sorry to hear that. Still, KCL is incredible - I'm sure you'll have an amazing time there!
Original post by electric-wars
Sorry to hear that. Still, KCL is incredible - I'm sure you'll have an amazing time there!

I wasn't that bothered as I didn't think I'd get in towards the end anyway. And besides, if I had, I dunno how I would have been able to choose between the two. And thanks a lot :3 I hope you have a great time at wherever you've decided to go!
JUst firmed PIE!

Quick Reply

Latest