The Student Room Group

has anyone passed their driving test first time?? please reply

Scroll to see replies

passed both bike and car test first try
Reply 61
Original post by eyre2
hi, i just want to know if anyone passed their driving test first time, because alot of close people that i know passed second, i get my test soon, and now feel like i'm going to fail it first time round. i just wont some motivation and see if anyone did pass theirs first time. i really want to pass as money is becoming a big issue.

Thanks for reading, please reply

I passed first time (with two minors). I was really nervous on the day of my test, I felt physically sick. My ex passed on his second time and he is by far the best driver I know.

Just remain calm, and if you don't pass, take the advice the examiner gives and prepare for your next test! Good luck.
Reply 62
I passed first time, with two minors... I thought it was fun!
Reply 63
Passed first time with one minor. What's so special about it?
Reply 64
got my test in less that 2 weeks!!!!
good luck!! remember mirror, signal, manouver
and if you not sure if its safe to pull out then i wouldnt risk it, if you do the worst you could get is a fail, if you wait, the worst is maybe a minor
good luck and relax
Reply 66
I did, 5 minors. 3 of them were down to nerves which I wouldn't have done normally
Reply 67
When I did my test, I passed second time on the theory and first on the test with 2 minors.

It's that damn hazard perception test! On the practise dvd's you can buy I clicked like literally 0.1 of a second too early and got 0 instead of 5 marks.

It's not a very good test.
Reply 68
I passed both theory & practical first time (4 minors). My advice would be to stay calm (easier said than done I know) and pretend you're on another driving lesson.

If you make a small mistake on a manoeuvre stop (don't keep going and make it worse) and correct it - I asked to begin again with one of mine and got it right on the second attempt.
Reply 69
OP...I passed first time on monday 26th september with 2 minors....If your that scared/nervous sit in someone elses car for 10-40 mins and relax in it and look at where the things are eg indicator stalks and think about the shaking/trembling if u have any beforehand to self conciouslessly control it then (don;t get over cocky when driving) I thought thinking i was gonna fail but i didn't /// so in a way think of failing cause if you do the impact won't be big! If you pass then you feel on top of this world cause u thought u would fail!
fist time, 1 minor. :smile:
Reply 71
I passed first time
Reply 72
First time, 3 minors. I passed within one and a half months of my first lesson. Only needed 16 lessons! :cool:
First time, 2 minors. It was amazing for me, especially when only 6 weeks before I was terrified of even turning on the ignition. :p:

I was incredibly nervous on the day and thought I'd made so many mistakes, but it turns out that the minors that I did get were mistakes that I had never ever made before (too fast coming off a slip road and then too slow going on a slip road! ..weird. I think that was it anyway, I can't remember, it was 2 years ago. XD)

It's hard, but you really do just have to pretend you're driving someone around for 45 minutes and forget the fact it's a test. You drive as best as you can - after all, the examiner won't know what you really can drive like if you're incredibly nervous. :smile:
What things do they count as minors? I can learn in June :biggrin:
Original post by alizasauras

Original post by alizasauras
What things do they count as minors? I can learn in June :biggrin:

Missed observations
Failing show me/tell me

Most other things can be judged as a minor or serious, it's subjective and depends on the situation.

(Too many minors in one area can lead to a serious).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by NutterFrutter
Missed observations
Failing show me/tell me

Most other things can be judged as a minor or serious, it's subjective and depends on the situation.

(Too many minors in one area can lead to a serious).

whats a major then?:smile:
Original post by eyre2

Original post by eyre2
whats a major then?:smile:

A "major" fault is known as a serious fault.
Reply 78
Original post by NutterFrutter
A "major" fault is known as a serious fault.

thanks, could you think of any examples
Original post by eyre2

Original post by eyre2
thanks, could you think of any examples

Rolling back with a car behind you would be a serious fault.
Mounting the kerb.
Exceeding the speed limit.
Etc.

It's situation dependent though, it might not be classed as a serious fault if no one else was around.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending