The Student Room Group

student finance problem HELP me please!! :(

hiya guys :smile:

can someone help me about my student finance im so confused and stressed :s-smilie::confused:

i've rang student finance and ask them about sending evidence about my mother and my biological father martial status, they're separated since i was 3 (i'm 21 now) i wasn't born here and my birth certificate doesn't state any father's name. i don't have any sort of contact with my biological father. Then my mum got married to her partner recently but because i'm 20 when they got married there's no adoption paper stating that he's my father (im so sorry i dont have any clue about my situation :frown: ) then when i asked the student finance they said that i need to put my mum's husband details in my application but how can i put it on my application when my biological father and my mother are separated :s

so please can anyone tell me do i have to send my mother's husband p60 (or any state of income) or not?????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1
Explain to them....that your mum and bio dad had seperated (divorced?) and that he is not in contact with you so now that your mums remarried, you should ask if you can put the details of your mums new husband as married.
I think you should put your new dads details and send his income related facts. :wink:
Reply 2
dont go to university ... this is f*** up
Reply 3
hey have they get a confirmation of their divorce ... + a confirmation of the new marriage .. that could be worth sending (photocopies) with a big cover letter explaining everything .. sent by 1st class recorded
Reply 4
Original post by divinegrace
then when i asked the student finance they said that i need to put my mum's husband details in my application but how can i put it on my application when my biological father and my mother are separated :s

this is all you have to do. Your biological father is irrelevant to what they're telling you.

I'm assuming you only filled in your mother's information on the form and ticked the separated box in relation to your biological father. This is incorrect - the question relates to the current marital status of the parent:undefined: you live with, not the marital status of your biological parents.

so please can anyone tell me do i have to send my mother's husband p60 (or any state of income) or not?????

On the section with your "parent's" income, tick 'Mother' as the parent you have contact with and select "Married" as her status. Supply her financial information with relationship to you as Mother, and then also supply her husband's financial information with his relationship to you as Stepfather.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending