University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by ifstatement
MAN I need a computer science offer... :colone:

you're from canada? why kent if i may ask then? :smile:
Original post by Just Josh
you're from canada? why kent if i may ask then? :smile:

I've liked the look of the modules and course structure Kent have for Computer Science and heard their industry links with companies are extremely decent. I've also heard the year in industry is great, I know somebody who did the course and had their year in industry working in California for Cisco. There was also another user on here on the Kent forums, he worked for some golfing company for his year in industry traveling all over Europe so it sounds really great.

Besides that though Kent appeals to me since the town of Canterbury seems a student town and it pretty much has everything you need. If it doesn't, well there's the train which takes around an hour to get to central London. It's a very convenient place. It's also by the coast and a half hour from Dover, so if you want to go to France that's also another convenience.
I've liked the look of the modules and course structure Kent have for Computer Science and heard their industry links with companies are extremely decent. I've also heard the year in industry is great, I know somebody who did the course and had their year in industry working in California for Cisco. There was also another user on here on the Kent forums, he worked for some golfing company for his year in industry traveling all over Europe so it sounds really great.

Besides that though Kent appeals to me since the town of Canterbury seems a student town and it pretty much has everything you need. If it doesn't, well there's the train which takes around an hour to get to central London. It's a very convenient place. It's also by the coast and a half hour from Dover, so if you want to go to France that's also another convenience.

Ahh yea they did tell us about the california scheme. They say that 4-5 people are going next year and the year after they are hoping to send about 15 people. But for our year it could be even more so that would be great, I would love to spend a year in california. Yea the modules looked great and the other students seemed to be really enjoying it and the staff were really friendly. So it does all look good. see you next october maybe. good luck with your offer :biggrin:
Ahh yea they did tell us about the california scheme. They say that 4-5 people are going next year and the year after they are hoping to send about 15 people. But for our year it could be even more so that would be great, I would love to spend a year in california. Yea the modules looked great and the other students seemed to be really enjoying it and the staff were really friendly. So it does all look good. see you next october maybe. good luck with your offer :biggrin:

Yeah I'd love to go to California for a year also, sounds cool! Got an Aunt who lives there and would love to live there for a while. What's this scheme about then? I assume you went to one of the open days? Thanks, I'm actually nervous about getting an offer from Kent, not my other offers :biggrin:
Original post by Setsuna-F-Seiei

Original post by Setsuna-F-Seiei
I've applied for business studies with a year in industry! i hope i get in this is my Dream university!

I've applied to the same course as you! What are your predicted grades? Good Luck :smile:
Yeah I'd love to go to California for a year also, sounds cool! Got an Aunt who lives there and would love to live there for a while. What's this scheme about then? I assume you went to one of the open days? Thanks, I'm actually nervous about getting an offer from Kent, not my other offers :biggrin:

Oh by the scheme i just meant the year in california. And i wouldn't really worry about getting an offer from Kent. As long as you have the grades, your in basically unless you do something stupid. Are you a mature students or regular?
Oh by the scheme i just meant the year in california. And i wouldn't really worry about getting an offer from Kent. As long as you have the grades, your in basically unless you do something stupid. Are you a mature students or regular?

Just a regular student and I hope I'm in :colondollar:
Reply 588
Anyone else confused as to why the ucas visits to Kent are on Wednesdays? Like most students, I'm at college on a Wednesday.
Reply 589
Original post by Onique

Original post by Onique
Sorry to hear.
Don't worry too much though.
I've seen someone get rejected from Kent and an interview from Cambridge. So all is not lost :biggrin:
Where else did you apply?

Southampton, Nottingham Trent, Portsmouth and Coventry. I'm not to worried to be honest. Kinda thinking University might not be the right path for me anyway so it's all good :smile:
Reply 590
Original post by AYO
anyone applying for law??

Yep!...Applied and got an unconditional offer :smile: ..what about you?? Are you yet to apply?
Reply 591
Original post by Dies.Irae
Yep!...Applied and got an unconditional offer :smile: ..what about you?? Are you yet to apply?

i applied last year but for defferred (however thats spelt) and im on a gap year now, so ive already met the conditions for my offer. how come you're got an unconditional offer?
Reply 592
Original post by AYO
i applied last year but for defferred (however thats spelt) and im on a gap year now, so ive already met the conditions for my offer. how come you're got an unconditional offer?

Well i kinda am done with one bachelors degree (B.Tech) ..almostish :smile:
So well this would be my second one! so they waived my conditions!
Reply 593
Well i kinda am done with one bachelors degree (B.Tech) ..almostish :smile:
So well this would be my second one! so they waived my conditions!

huh? :s you already have a law degree?? supposedly this is a postgraduate degree then? so confused!
Reply 594
Original post by AYO
huh? :s you already have a law degree?? supposedly this is a postgraduate degree then? so confused!

Hahaha no i dont have a law degree...i have a bachelors in technology right now..almost done with it...now i wish to do law..so yeah i got an offer from Kent unconditionally as I already have a bachelors!...hope this made more sense! :smile:
Reply 595
Hahaha no i dont have a law degree...i have a bachelors in technology right now..almost done with it...now i wish to do law..so yeah i got an offer from Kent unconditionally as I already have a bachelors!...hope this made more sense! :smile:

ohh right. so you'll be doing undergraduate law! ah okay i gedhhit, surely that means you'll be older than the average undergraduate? (not that this really matters!)
Reply 596
Original post by AYO
ohh right. so you'll be doing undergraduate law! ah okay i gedhhit, surely that means you'll be older than the average undergraduate? (not that this really matters!)

Was definitely one of my fears...but i was convinced by the admissions tutor that a lot of students have a prior degree..as in the contry i come from (india) requires lawyers to have an undergrad degree (min 3 years)...so yeah! :biggrin:
Reply 597
I'm applying at Kent for Computer Science, don't think I've gotten an offer though...
I have a conditional offer for Biology C103. :smile:
Reply 599
Offer for History and Politics :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending