The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Offers/Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Student from El Salvador here! I got my offer ages ago, also for Natural Sciences, but didn't know about this forum.

CIE IGCSE Grades: A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA
Predicted IB Grades: 42 points with 776 at HL (Chem Phys Maths)
Offer Date: 22nd of November 2016
Course Title: MSci in Natural Sciences
Conditional Offer: 38 points with 666 at HL (Chem Phys Maths) and a 5 in English Lit SL.
College: Grey College
Already accepted as my Firm Choice!

My offer includes the study of Chemistry, so I'm planning to take modules in Chemistry and Earth Sciences. What modules are other NatSci Offer Holders interested in?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Rhthulla
Student from El Salvador here! I got my offer ages ago, also for Natural Sciences, but didn't know about this forum.

CIE IGCSE Grades: A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA
Predicted IB Grades: 42 points with 776 at HL (Chem Phys Maths)
Offer Date: 22nd of November 2016
Course Title: MSci in Natural Sciences
Conditional Offer: 38 points with 666 at HL (Chem Phys Maths) and a 5 in English Lit SL.
College: Grey College
Already accepted as my Firm Choice!

My offer includes the study of Chemistry, so I'm planning to take modules in Chemistry and Earth Sciences. What modules are other NatSci Offer Holders interested in?

Maths Physics Compsci my g, may dibble dabble in others but my offer excludes Chemistry 😭
Original post by Jacob2215
Maths Physics Compsci my g, may dibble dabble in others but my offer excludes Chemistry 😭

That sounds like a really good combination! Although I think it's only some first year modules that are excluded when Chemistry is excluded. If that's the case then it does cut off some later modules that have prerequisites, but there might be some open ones, I think. Don't quote me on that.

You asked about why we chose the college we did. I chose Grey because it's very close to the science site, it has a high percentage of single rooms for first years, and it looked very nice when I visited in summer, amongst other reasons. Hope that helps!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest