Durham Offers/Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by railjunkie159
Offer Date: 13th Dec 2011
Course Title: Modern European Languages & History
Conditional: AAA
College: Waiting to hear

Colleges seem to be getting back to applicants by letter. I got my college letter this morning.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by LeSacMagique
I have been rejected. :/ I suspect that GCSEs play a larger role than the university claims - or maybe it was this idea that Durham are actually quite keen on 'EC's. Oh well - I guess this will just make my Cambridge offer taste that much sweeter >.>

I think I'm in the same boat as you. Rejected by Durham and Oxford for History V100 for what I suspect is an A in History GCSE, not an A*. Have had no confirmation of this mind you.
Reply 122
@Gromit94 oh, were you rejected for history? i applied for history and expecting a rejection not gonna lie...
Reply 123
Original post by cbyrnex
@Gromit94 oh, were you rejected for history? i applied for history and expecting a rejection not gonna lie...

yep the V100 straight History course.
Original post by ebowey
Colleges seem to be getting back to applicants by letter. I got my college letter this morning.

Thanks! Which college did you get assigned? I've applied to University but I don't really mind where I end up, I just liked the look of it! :smile:
Reply 125
Original post by railjunkie159
Thanks! Which college did you get assigned? I've applied to University but I don't really mind where I end up, I just liked the look of it! :smile:

Castle. I was actually really surprised because my ucas code was changed to z, so I assumed I was going to another one. Hopefully you'll get into University, I'm so excited to be based in a castle.
Reply 126
Original post by TheCookieduck
Anyone had offers for Philosophy and Psychology yet? :smile:
Really hoping I get a place....

hey! im applying for psychology and getting really nervous that my gcses arent good enough- can i be nosey and ask you what you got?
just to hopefully reassure me that i didnt waste an application- hopefully not!
Original post by ebowey

Hello, did your college code on UCAS change before or after you received the letter? I'm an international student, so it'd take ages for me to receive a letter about my college allocation.
i've applied to do maths but i only got an A at GCSE in maths (2 marks off) does this mean I will definitely be rejected baring in mind i already have my A* in maths A level (i'm in year 13)
GCSEs: 10A* 2A
AS results: AAAA
Predicted A2: A*A*A*
Offer Date: 20th dec
Course Title: Chemistry
Conditional + conditional grades /Unconditional: A*AA
College: Hopefully Butler
Firm/Insurance/Withdrawing offer?: possible firm, either this or Nottingham!
Reply 130
I got a conditional offer for civil engineering :smile: It was AAA for math and physics with the third either being economics or chemistry. I'm wondering once we get an offer from Durham does that mean that we got accepted into the college of our choice?
Reply 131
Offers for Natural Science are going out all over the place, but I still haven't heard a thing from them about it (other than acknowledgement of my application) what kind of spread was there for reply dates last year, I applied October 7th, cheers.
Reply 132
GCSEs: absent from school due to illness from year 8 onwards
AS results: AAB
Predicted A2: A* A* A*
Offer Date: yesterday evening (19th dec 2011)
Course Title: History (straight/V100)
Conditional: A* History, A A
College: still under their 'Z' system. Applied to Chad's, Trev's being 2nd choice.
Firm/Insurance/Withdrawing offer?: Probably a firm, just need my Oxford rejection confirmed.

Anyone else for History :biggrin:?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rose.3445
hey! im applying for psychology and getting really nervous that my gcses arent good enough- can i be nosey and ask you what you got?
just to hopefully reassure me that i didnt waste an application- hopefully not!

Yeah no problem :smile: I got 9 A*s, 3 As and a B....... not sure if that helps you :smile: Hopefully you get a place!
GCSE'S: A*A*A*AAABBC
Achieved A2: A*AA
Offer date: 19th Dec
Course title: International Relations
Unconditional
College: University
Probs accepting, need to go and visit 1st

I was suprised because my GCSE's weren't that great !!
Original post by ebowey
Castle. I was actually really surprised because my ucas code was changed to z, so I assumed I was going to another one. Hopefully you'll get into University, I'm so excited to be based in a castle.

how long did it take you to hear? I got my offer yesterday, but have absolutely nooo patience whatsoever:biggrin: (applied for castle also)
Original post by maxcartwright
GCSE'S: A*A*A*AAABBC
Achieved A2: A*AA
Offer date: 19th Dec
Course title: International Relations
Unconditional
College: University
Probs accepting, need to go and visit 1st

I was suprised because my GCSE's weren't that great !!

congrats man, i am so jealous XD
Reply 137
Original post by maxcartwright
how long did it take you to hear? I got my offer yesterday, but have absolutely nooo patience whatsoever:biggrin: (applied for castle also)

A couple of weeks
Reply 138
GCSEs: 8A* 4A
AS results: AAAA
Predicted A2: A*A*A*
Offer Date: 15th December
Course Title: Philosophy (V500)
Offer grades: AAA
College: Applied to St Mary's but haven't heard back yet.
Probably firming, but waiting to hear back from Cambridge before making a decision.
anyone heard about post offer open days? I want to go up and see it!

Quick Reply

Latest