The Student Room Group

Might seem premature, but...

Hey guys, I'm about to start at Lancaster University as an undergrad, but I enrolled onto the 4 year MSc course.

I can get finance for all four years from the SLC, but say I were to instead finish with a BSc and then do my MSc somewhere else, would I still be able to get a loan from SLC to finish my last year?

Like say I got a good enough degree from Lancaster to be able to go to Imperial for an MSc, would I get funding just the same?
You get 5 years funding as far as I know, no matter if you change course or not.
Reply 2
Original post by JMJ19
Hey guys, I'm about to start at Lancaster University as an undergrad, but I enrolled onto the 4 year MSc course.

I can get finance for all four years from the SLC, but say I were to instead finish with a BSc and then do my MSc somewhere else, would I still be able to get a loan from SLC to finish my last year?

Like say I got a good enough degree from Lancaster to be able to go to Imperial for an MSc, would I get funding just the same?

No. The SLC will only fund undergraduate degrees. That includes 4-year undergraduate masters degrees like the one you're about to start, but if you graduate after three years and then do a separate 1-year MSc course elsewhere, you'll have to find another funding source.
Reply 3
If you transferred to the 4 year Msc - yes. If you finished 4 years and applied for a stand alone MSc, No.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Okay thanks guys :smile:
Reply 5
But you just ejaculated.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending