The Student Room Group

Anyone from Ursuline High School?Or go to the open evening?

Who is going to the sixthform :biggrin:? I hear its really good?
Or is it mixed with the high school?
Any current students there? What's your opinion? :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Edited title :smile:
Reply 2
Hello, this is the one in Wimbledon?

I'm in year 13, PM me with questions

Edit: I was also helping out at the 6th form open evening the other night, might have seen you there
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by MinpoloD

Original post by MinpoloD
Hello, this is the one in Wimbledon?

I'm in year 13, PM me with questions

Edit: I was also helping out at the 6th form open evening the other night, might have seen you there

Yeah :biggrin: Thanks will do :smile:
Reply 4
Edited the title again :biggrin:
Reply 5
There are some other people who go to the school on this forum, but they lurk and never post.

You know who you are.
Reply 6
Haha so weird just found this thread. I'm in yr13 now, any other ursuline peeps about?
Reply 7
Haha, this is odd! Yeah, it is mixed with the school in that it's the same building, and same teachers, but you get different equipment and stuff in sciences, and you don't mix with the lower years at all, really. You have your own Sixth Form Centre and commonroom, and the top part of the library, all to yourself, but you can still hear lower years below. Canteen also is mixed, although I think you can go out for your frees. Anything in particular? What are you thinking of taking? I know that our MMaths is really really good, and I think head of English is quite good too. Languages are pretty good and Sciences are alright, although I would say some other school around here are better. Some lessons you can go over to the College (boys' school on the next hill) so it's all good.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by nombo
Haha, this is odd! Yeah, it is mixed with the school in that it's the same building, and same teachers, but you get different equipment and stuff in sciences, and you don't mix with the lower years at all, really. You have your own Sixth Form Centre and commonroom, and the top part of the library, all to yourself, but you can still help lower years below. Canteen also is mixed, although I think you can go out for your frees. Anything in particular? What are you thinking of taking? I know that our MMaths is really really good, and I think head of English is quite good too. Languages are pretty good and Sciences are alright, although I would say some other school around here are better. Some lessons you can go over to the College (boys' school on the next hill) so it's all good.

Hi, what year are you in?

My view:
Great English, humanities and language departments
Maths department has a good head, but she's leaving this year and the rest of the department's pretty awful.
Science, generally, is a joke. Abysmal. The odd half-decent teacher but apart from that...
Reply 9
Original post by popwillis
Hi, what year are you in?

My view:
Great English, humanities and language departments
Maths department has a good head, but she's leaving this year and the rest of the department's pretty awful.
Science, generally, is a joke. Abysmal. The odd half-decent teacher but apart from that...

Alright, maybe I was a bit nice to Science, but I do think all three of mine are quite good and helpful if I ask for it. Maths is really good, in my opinion! I have only had Ms Matimba, and now McDermott and I think they're both really great! Is Rose leaving? To be fair, I don't know the rest of the department. In Year Eleven, are you a sixth former?
Reply 10
Original post by nombo
Alright, maybe I was a bit nice to Science, but I do think all three of mine are quite good and helpful if I ask for it. Maths is really good, in my opinion! I have only had Ms Matimba, and now McDermott and I think they're both really great! Is Rose leaving? To be fair, I don't know the rest of the department. In Year Eleven, are you a sixth former?

Yeah year 13, dunno if you've seen me around I'm the one with really, really, really short blonde hair haha. Dr James is a disaster, and there have been problems with her where we had to complain before. Nichols and Le Doare ar pretty decent I suppose.
Reply 11
Original post by popwillis
Yeah year 13, dunno if you've seen me around I'm the one with really, really, really short blonde hair haha. Dr James is a disaster, and there have been problems with her where we had to complain before. Nichols and Le Doare ar pretty decent I suppose.

Oh my gosh, do you have piercings in your ear? And friends with Hollie's sister? I saw someone with short blonde hair talking to Hollie today... Anyway, yes I have Nichols and LeDoare, so I find them really willing to help, and I have McDonagh too, who's alright. I did use to have Capaldi which was...um...fun, and I've heard GREAT things about James. :/ What do you take?
Reply 12
I am Hollie's sister haha. I take Eng Lit, History and Theology
Reply 13
Oh my god, you are??? You look nothing like her! I love Hollie! Anyway, oh okay, that sounds quite a nice combination!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending