The Student Room Group

What age you got your first job and first car?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
First part time job at 13, full time job at 15, car at 16.
I got my first job at 13 as a paper girl. I've never had a paid post-16 job due to crappy recession :frown:

I don't have a car yet, and I'm not sure when I'll get one. I'm 20 and still have another month to take my driving test (I've been an awfully slow learner driver haha)
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Too expensive? ~£500.... £ 800 if you're really crap at driving. If you're working you could afford that in 2 months.

I haven't really been counting but I'm sure I've spent well over £1000 on driving lessons. Then again I'm fully aware that I was a really crap/slow learner driver, hehe. Plus, I'm with the AA which are turning out to be pretty expensive. Plus, finding a job is hard for some people and I've been relying on my parents for money.
Reply 63
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Too expensive? ~£500.... £ 800 if you're really crap at driving. If you're working you could afford that in 2 months.

I spent £2500-£3000 on driving lessons. I had 2 hours a week for over a year, at about £25 an hour. If you're really crap at driving it can cost a lot more then £800.
Original post by Psyk
I spent £2500-£3000 on driving lessons. I had 2 hours a week for over a year, at about £25 an hour. If you're really crap at driving it can cost a lot more then £800.

£3000 on driving, that could have been the start of a profitable business for me!

Quick Reply

Latest