The Student Room Group

I'm a girl, what hobbies can I take up ?

Scroll to see replies

Either volunteering, which will be good for the CV, or some sort of sport/amateur dramatics which will provide you with a focus and a whole bunch of new friends :smile:
Reply 81
I didn't know hobbies were restricted to certain sexes...

Get a morris minor :biggrin:
Reply 82
DIY, cooking and traveling are all good for you.
Reply 83
Ironing
Reply 84
Original post by PinkMocassin
Hi,

I've slowly come to the realisation that I do not have any hobbies at all,
I have never played or sport or anything like that either. my life pretty much revolves around, university work, going on nights out, boys, my friends, reality tv, clothes and makeup and my blackberry I wish I could say that wasn't it, but it really is. I am intelligent person (got 4 A's in my A-levels) so it's not like I'm dumb.

I have realised the reason why I am easily 'bored' or 'annoyed' and always have 'boy trouble' is because I don't have much else going for me or that I worry about other than the things mentioned above, my life is very shallow, very.

I was speaking to my mum about this and she has also noticed that my life resolves around these things, she said I need to find a 'passion' or 'hobby' or project to involve myself in or possibly volunteer somewhere so I can see more things in life and stop living this boring existance.

What would you recommend ?

Your life is about the same as 90% of females...except swap uni work with a job with some of the girls.

Females don't have hobbies.
Reply 85
In this thread females list hobbies that they 'wish they could do, but don't have the time'....yet will have 10,000 posts on TSR, watch x-factor, strictly come dancing, big bro and all the soaps.

As I said before, very few females actually have hobbies.
Reply 86
There are tonnes of things.

As a guy, I write music, I play the piano, I do 3D modeling, a bit of gaming, a bit of Parkour, Dance Dance Revolution (Dancing Stage) type games (not your average standard player either), running.

In my opinion, you need stuff like that in your life.
Original post by *Boofle*
Yep! And so far I've received postcards from Taiwan, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany, China, Italy and Finland. My personal favourite was the Moomins postcard from Finland :smile: I've only been a member for a month but it's amazing :biggrin:

Taiwan and China are the same.
Original post by hackashaq
Taiwan and China are the same.

not really.

What we commonly call china is the People's republic of china.

There is a Republic of China (which is basically the island of Taiwan).

The PROC claim the ROC as part of their territory, although it is effectively autonomous. The ROC claim to be a country. There is an unresolved civil war so I guess it's not too dissimilar to north/south korea, only with less current military edge to it.
Reply 89
Poledancing.
Juggling! It's fun, basically free and a form of exercise. It's also really satisfying everytime you master a new trick. I do fencing and ballet which are great fun but slightly more expensive. I'd highly recommend water skiing if you're ever stuck for a holiday idea, and if there's a sea/army/air cadets near you you might think of joining as it's fun, looks great on a uni application/CV and you can easily get qualifications through it. You could also train for the half marathon - it can take as little as a few months training and really gives a sense of accomplishment, especially if you raise money and run for a charity.

These are only the hobbies I have but there are literally hundreds of different clubs that start from a beginners level that you can join!

And what's all this about females not having hobbies? All my female friends have hobbies and I've met very few males with hobbies other than football or gaming!
(edited 12 years ago)
Belly Dancing :h:

I do, and it's fun :biggrin: I've also started learning French, and I write for the uni magazine. I think I realised that I'd become more interesting when I told someone I was learning French and they went ''Wow, really!?'' in a non sarcastic voice and started asking tonnes of questions. :biggrin:
Reply 92
cooking
Reply 93
Personally, squash is my favourite sporting hobby (really fun!), but I also love playing guitar/uke (easy to teach yourself) and piano (harder but still possible) and writing (free) and art. Why not try a few different things and see what you like?

This one is pretty nerdy, but I've decided I'm going to learn how to solve a Rubik's Cube. Basically just so I can annihilate my flatmate's record :p:

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot that you're at uni. There'll be tons of things to do there. Get involved in an events committee, or get a student radio show (highly recommended!), or try ballroom/Latin-American dancing, or start a new society (I helped co-found Bond Society, great fun), or get involved in student theatre. Have a ball!
(edited 12 years ago)
I recommend anything to do with theatre. I'm the most shy and unconfident person EVER but I've always wanted to act. I sing with a choir at the moment and do a lot of backstage work, and alongside getting help with confidence, it's honestly so interesting and I love the fact you can always get better!
Reply 95
Original post by Jelkin
Personally, squash is my favourite sporting hobby (really fun!), but I also love playing guitar/uke (easy to teach yourself) and piano (harder but still possible) and writing (free) and art. Why not try a few different things and see what you like?

This one is pretty nerdy, but I've decided I'm going to learn how to solve a Rubik's Cube. Basically just so I can annihilate my flatmate's record :p:

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot that you're at uni. There'll be tons of things to do there. Get involved in an events committee, or get a student radio show (highly recommended!), or try ballroom/Latin-American dancing, or start a new society (I helped co-found Bond Society, great fun), or get involved in student theatre. Have a ball!

Many videos are on Youtube on a pretty basic way to solve it. I memorized all the moves in about a day, and could do the cube in around 2 minutes, and can still pretty much remember how to now. Haven't tried learning any other methods, but their are tonnes of different algorithms.

Hi,

I've slowly come to the realisation that I do not have any hobbies at all,
I have never played or sport or anything like that either. my life pretty much revolves around, university work, going on nights out, boys, my friends, reality tv, clothes and makeup and my blackberry I wish I could say that wasn't it, but it really is. I am intelligent person (got 4 A's in my A-levels) so it's not like I'm dumb.

I have realised the reason why I am easily 'bored' or 'annoyed' and always have 'boy trouble' is because I don't have much else going for me or that I worry about other than the things mentioned above, my life is very shallow, very.

I was speaking to my mum about this and she has also noticed that my life resolves around these things, she said I need to find a 'passion' or 'hobby' or project to involve myself in or possibly volunteer somewhere so I can see more things in life and stop living this boring existance.

What would you recommend ?

well, if youve got the time i couldnt see any harm in trying to learn a second language, an instrument or/and perhaps a martial art of some kind :smile: those are all the type of hobbies/activities i do.
Reply 97
Why did you have to specify your sex? You just left yourself open to crap "LOL you can do ironing/cleaning/cooking/knitting!!111" jokes.

:rolleyes:

Anyway.

Gaming!
Pick a sport. Pick a music instrument. Pick up a language. Bam! Three hobbies already.
Reply 99
Gricing.... it is inexpensive & fun. You get out in the open air and meet new people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending